My compliments on Kivan

Domi, thank you for your reply. I am glad you liked my post. :)

I understand about lack of time. I am aware you've moved on from BG, and I have been following your progress with NWN2. So no worries, take your time and do whatever you want to do. I'll wait patiently, I promise, and I am sorry if I sounded pushy, it was not my intention.

Kaeloree, thanks for the kind words, I'll keep them in mind whenever I feel tempted to write huge posts. :(

I can't tell you how many times I've played thru BG1 and BG2 and Kivan has always been my fav NPC. But I can tell you that everytime I play BG2, I always end up romancing Kivan. He's my favorite romance, Domi. You should be proud :)

Just joined the forum to say what great mods you guys make. Kivan puts the normal npcs to shame, just with his sheer amount of dialog and interjections he has. But i have a question: Does e comment on the romances of the original three i.e. Jaheira, Aerie and Viconia?

I vaguely remember him having branches in one of the dialogues (I think it's the one about 'loved and lost' where there is a small discussion of Jaheira's romance). But I don't think he interjects in the romances themselves. I can't remember for the life of mine if that was planned or actually added, but he might be interjecting into Aerie-Haer's dialogues in his 'big brother' role. He has a fair bit of content with Aerie, that's definite, and a bunch of dialogues with Viconia.

Guest Guest

I've been playing with Deheriana now in ToB, and she's cool, has a nice and defined personality and interesting interjections with the party.

But I've missed some dialog between her and Kivan. They talked a bit when she was brought back to life, but now in ToB they don't speak to each other.... (I've not finished the game, but I'm pretty advanced on it already and haven't seen anything) they should have some romantic lines to say to each other, shouldn't they?

What I really like about this mod is that Kivan acknowledges that my PC is an elf and acts accordingly. Based on my experience with other NPC mods this seems to be quite rare and makes Kivan stand out. :)

I have just finished playing with Kivan for the first time and wanted to say, nice job. I played a human PC and romanced Kivan, and I found the ending very satisfying. I had him in party along with Xan and there was some nice crossmod content there too. They complemented each other rather well.

Glad to report the Mateo bug in Saradush is fixed with this newest version and I didn't get any problems (although Kivan did choose to flirt with me during the epilogues, which was a bit bizarre, although not really a problem, heh).

Thanks for this - I always take Kivan in BG1 and was sad he didn't make it into the sequel, so this mod is much appreciated. :)

Archived