SOA or SOA and TOB

kain

Sigh if i knew how to code .... i would NOT do it ;) ;) SORRY but.. i want to play these mods TOO much, i do not want to spoil them for myself :D i know it may sound a little egoistic .. but.. i don't want to see the dialogues before playing them :p

I would help with something else though, if it was needed :) provided i can do it :)

From what I've read in these forums and the Delainy site and I think that you are making a great mod. You said that the mod will be for the SoA part. When I finish SoA can I keep Delainy in my party to continue on ToB?

Well, I know that we will do a ToB part, but I don't know if she will carry over to ToB directly.

Heh well it will take some time to play through Delainy SOA, so it should be ok ;) i cannot even start to thank you enough, this is one of the most interesting mod for bg2 around i think ;)

ANd if you after this really patch up tashia, AlLL the better :D

*Keltosh HUGGLES Bri*

:)

Will there be new HLA for Delainy since she is a werewolf? For example more powerfull howls or Enhanced werewolf melee attacks (claws count as +4 or +5 weapons).

I hadn't considered this, but my inital reaction would be no. She's using the default Bard HLA table, to ensure compatibility with mods that mess with HLAs such as Rogue Rebalancing.

Heh well it will take some time to play through Delainy SOA, so it should be ok  i cannot even start to thank you enough, this is one of the most interesting mod for bg2 around i think

I think Del will definitely be one of the heftier NPC mods out there ;-)

I agree this is looking to be one of the better if not best, mods that i have seen so far. Good work Bri

Thanks for the words of encouragement. ;)

And Cam answered the question about HLA's. For the moment, balance and compatibility is what we are looking to maintain.

For the moment, balance and compatibility is what we are looking to maintain.

Don't forget fun. This is a game after all. I don't like how some developers forget about fun in their quest to achieve perfect "balance". I figure the suggestions in the Players Handbook are sufficient for worrying about balance, but even they stress that fun should be the ultimate goal. (This isn't about dialog, since Delainy's dialog already show promise of being lots of fun.)

For the moment, balance and compatibility is what we are looking to maintain.

Don't forget fun. This is a game after all. I don't like how some developers forget about fun in their quest to achieve perfect "balance". I figure the suggestions in the Players Handbook are sufficient for worrying about balance, but even they stress that fun should be the ultimate goal. (This isn't about dialog, since Delainy's dialog already show promise of being lots of fun.)

True, the emphasis should be on fun Smoketest, and that's where some of the decisions came in. For example, there was a slight problem if we wanted to make Del's claws +4 at some point. However, +3 or +4 really didn't change the game overly much, and there was no need for further complication.

The same went with the howls. We included them since they definitely give a touch of the exotic, but if her howl would be enough to slay everything on the screen...well, that is just silly.

Our own search for balance was to keep it fun. I mean, if I want to zip through a game, it's very easy to CLUA Console or Shadowkeeper the items or stats I want.

Guest Aristothenes

Is this a nit-pick? I don't know, your mod your choices.

Someone asked whether Delainy was romanceable along with other NPCs (NPCRomanceActive=2), serious romance...

Here's a useless fact: Wolf is one of the few monogamous mammals.

Don't know how that affects your mod. Hope to see it in a few weeks (Holidays for me will be over then). Thanks for all the hard work you've put in so far. Long live the IEngine games!

Oh, nit-picks are fine to mention. There is no guarantee that flaws will be changed (depending on the circumstances, type of nit-pick, etc.)

Yes, Delainy will be romanceable among the NPCs. In fact, that is what is making her release so long. Without the romance part, she could have been ready for download now.

And yes, her monogamy will play a large role. That, the playtesters and those with access to the forum can attest ;)

Guest Aristothenes

1) Delainy going to have Player Initiated flirts (like Flirt Packs)?

2) Delainy going to have CPU initiated flirts(like Flirt Packs)?

3) Catfights...you know (Pick me! No, pick me!)?

4) Is there a mod for you to have _MORE_ than 5 NPCs in your party?

5) Bodhi capture chapter 6?

6) There should be a giant Catfights mod, but that's just my wishful thinking...

Archived