Updates?

coaster

David

Is there any update regarding v6 of SCS, or how the beta of SCSII is progressing?

Apologies for my impatience :)

cheers

coaster

v6 of SCS is mostly ready, but it's not going to have very much of interest in it, at least for TUTU players (it's basically a few bugfixes plus BGT compatibility). I can't remember if you're BGT or TUTU.

SCSII: I'll release it once two or three people have played through - otherwise I'm risking critical bugs. It seems to be pretty stable so far though. If you want to join beta testing, feel free!

SCS2? Ok, I missed that one. Are there any spoilers/preview around for that one?

Thanks.

It's finished and in closed beta testing. It'll probably release next month. It basically does what SCS does but for BG2 (you'd never have guessed...)

SCS2? Ok, I missed that one. Are there any spoilers/preview around for that one?

Thanks.

It's finished and in closed beta testing. It'll probably release next month. It basically does what SCS does but for BG2 (you'd never have guessed...)

Interesting. Will it be compatible with other mods which improves the general AI or gameplay like the PPG's Quest Pack, Tactics or Improved Battles?

Interesting. Will it be compatible with other mods which improves the general AI or gameplay like the PPG's Quest Pack, Tactics or Improved Battles?

Complicated question. "As much as possible", is the short answer. Structurally SCS II looks a lot like Tactics: it's broken into a lot of components and tends to improve particular sorts of creature more than it does individual fights. So fairly obviously, (e.g.) the Beholders component of Tactics isn't going to be compatible with the Beholders component of SCS II. On the other hand, if you like my Beholders but Tactics Mind Flayers, then that's fine. Ditto Quest Pack. I'm not really familiar with Improved Battles but I think they should be fine except in relatively rare cases where SCS II and IB are trying to do the same thing, in which case again choose your favourite.

Really looking forward to the release DavidW!

One question: am I correct in thinking starting a new game is not required?

Basically correct. (I take it you mean for II, though it's the same answer for SCS). A few components require you to start a new game, but most (including basically all the tactical ones) don't. (Obviously you'll miss content if you start in the middle, though.)

SCSII: I'll release it once two or three people have played through

Hello David, any progress with testing v1 ?

I feel tired of tactics, and have doubts about IA (especially after all this dramas), so your upcoming mod is main object of my attention :(

SCSII: I'll release it once two or three people have played through

Hello David, any progress with testing v1 ?

I feel tired of tactics, and have doubts about IA (especially after all this dramas), so your upcoming mod is main object of my attention ;)

I'm flattered...

I'm aiming for a release date in the first week of October. That release might be an open beta release, though, depending on the next couple of weeks of playtesting.

Aug 23 2007, 03:08 PM' post='95561']

We're in the month after next, any news? :)

Aug 23 2007, 03:08 PM' post='95561']

We're in the month after next, any news? :)

I'm aiming for a release date in the first week of October.

We're still in that. (We might even make it; if not, soon after.)

Sorry, i missed that post. Sounds good. I'm eagerly awaiting this mod. A quick question, where in the install should this go, generally speaking? Can it go anywhere or is it best at the end? Just trying to plan my install.

Sorry, i missed that post. Sounds good. I'm eagerly awaiting this mod. A quick question, where in the install should this go, generally speaking? Can it go anywhere or is it best at the end? Just trying to plan my install.

At or near the end is good. (Before tweakpack and Virtue; after pretty much anything else.)

Archived