Weird TRA behavour

Domi

I trafied my mod, and what happens everything is correct for D-files, and the cutscenes - the appropriate strings show up. But on the baf files that have the DisplayMessage command, the strings are pulled from setup.tra. Does anyone know what's up?

The relevant pieces:

from TP2:

AUTO_TRA ~IWD2NPC/%s~

LANGUAGE ~English~   ~English~ ~IWD2NPC/English/Setup-IWD2NPC.tra~

From P#MATCH.BAF file (unique name):

DisplayMessage(@3 /* ~Salomeya seems to be falling in love with you.~ */)

the P#MATCH.TRA has the appropriate line 3 (the same as displayed as a comment), but in the game, a line that shows up is the one from setup.tra.

All tra files are in the "English" folder.

DOes anyone know how to fix it?

The cutscenes work with DisplayMessage? They wouldn't in BG2 with DisplayStringHead() -

On BG2/Tutu, all BAFs need USING. So for compiling D, this is perfectly fine:

COMPILE EVALUATE_BUFFER ~BG1NPC/Phase1/DLG/X#AJANTIS.D~

(or just regular COMPILE)

where X#AJANTIS.D has a matching X#AJANTIS.TRA

but if there is a DisplayStringHead or other tra reference in the .baf to be compiled, you have to use

EXTEND_TOP ~%CORAN_BCS%.bcs~   ~BG1NPC/Phase1/BAF/X#CORAN1.BAF~
	EVALUATE_BUFFER
	USING ~BG1NPC/TRA/%LANGUAGE%/X#CORAN1.TRA~

(again, you can take out the EVALUATE_BUFFER or switch it to a straight compile, as they all work the same way).

If your cutscenes are using the same command and working, but the .baf stuff isn't, then I would definitely get the bigg involved directly.

Actually, my cutscene uses:

DisplayString(Myself,@0 /* ~Hildury is reincarnated as a gnome.~ */)

not DisplayMessage. Hmm, maybe if I do all of them as DisplayString.... otherwise, I'll switch to USING. Thank you!

Domi, I don't understand something, though - the bigg helped me out understanding this, and DSH was operating exactly as you described (without USING, your Dynaheir's Romance cutscene played with lines from setup.tra). If DSH is actually working (and that means the BAFs are picking up the AUTO_TRA), as far as I understand, that is Not Expected Behavior . As far as I understood (and have gotten to work).

IWD2 difference?

I trafied my mod, and what happens everything is correct for D-files, and the cutscenes - the appropriate strings show up. But on the baf files that have the DisplayMessage command, the strings are pulled from setup.tra.
In BG1 I had this problem for a normal script, using "USING", since the .d and the .baf had the same name. The USING was ignored and strings were taken from the setup.tra. I had to switch to a unique .baf name to prevent this from happening. It's stranke that for you, it's the other way round. :)
IWD2 difference?

Probbaly, because I saw this behavoir just yesterday when I was fixing Hildury and checking out which was the right thing - the script with DisplayMessage (got set up lines) or the cutscenes with DisplayString (which showed correct lines). I will replace DisplayMessage to DisplayString in the MATH and see if it helps.

Archived