Install order

Cashews

Does SCSII has to be installed last, even after the Tweak Pack, as is SCS?

Thanks.

I believe DavidW said that SCSII should be installed after most mods but before Tweak pack and Virtue. The Readme gives more specifics.

Most mods should be installed before SCS II, but tweakpack is probably an exception. Basically SCS II is pretty careful about working around whatever install you've got, so it's safer to install it late - but so is tweakpack, and tweakpack mucks with some stuff that SCS II installs.

(This is all guesswork and theorising, we haven't really tested it!)

... is joke again? Judging by the readme, it's hard to find a mod(from Romantic Encounters to Quest Pack to the Longer Road) SCS II hasn't been tested with.

But, seriously, is there a possibility of conflict between SCS II and Tweakpack? Where?

There should be no incompatibilities between SCS II and BG2 Tweak Pack.

DavidW has been extremely thorough about compatibility even with other AI enhancing Mods (very good job, DavidW).

I might just suggest to make clear in the Ascension compatibility section of the Read me that Ascension should be installed before SCS II (since in the future SCS II might even bother to correct some of the known Ascension bugs just like it does for Quest Pack).

... is joke again? Judging by the readme, it's hard to find a mod(from Romantic Encounters to Quest Pack to the Longer Road) SCS II hasn't been tested with.

But, seriously, is there a possibility of conflict between SCS II and Tweakpack? Where?

Well, there's testing and testing. I've done install tests with lots of things, but not playthrough tests.

But no, I was being cautious: there's no incompatibility possibility with Tweakpack that I'm aware of.

Hi David

Congratulations on the public release!

A couple of questions re: installation order, Tactics & the various Irenicuses (Irenici?):

-You say in the readme that WK dragons haven't been touched. If I therefore install Tactics smarter dragons and then SCS smarter dragons, will this give smarter AI to all dragons in the game, with your AI overwriting the Tactics AI where they overlap? Or will it give a huge crash to desktop?

-Similar point with Improved Irenicus, if I install Tactics Irenicus first, then SCSII Spellcasters components, will Tactics Irenicus use SCSII AI? Or does he have his own unique AI package which SCSII doesn't touch?

cheers

coaster

PS still slowly playing through with my F/M/C in BG1/SCS - unfortunately I've been sidetracked into replaying NWN1 with TonyK's AI mod!

-You say in the readme that WK dragons haven't been touched. If I therefore install Tactics smarter dragons and then SCS smarter dragons, will this give smarter AI to all dragons in the game, with your AI overwriting the Tactics AI where they overlap? Or will it give a huge crash to desktop?

I'm pretty sure my AI will overwrite Tactics if you install SCS II second. Having said which, I don't think Tactics modifies the WK dragons either - the only dragon Tactics modifies and SCS II doesn't is Adalon.

-Similar point with Improved Irenicus, if I install Tactics Irenicus first, then SCSII Spellcasters components, will Tactics Irenicus use SCSII AI? Or does he have his own unique AI package which SCSII doesn't touch?

As I recall, you can install them in either order; either way, Tactics Irenicus gets precedence.

Archived