So tell us what you want!

Sister Vigilante

Thing of the future. Thing of the future. Thing of the future.  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ABSOLUTELY. I already have plans for a fresh install so I can playtest updated Angelo and see Xan's newest friendship content at the same time.

I agree about the Tree of Life, btw. The current talk seems a bit indifferent, and after having that truly lovely PID about comrades/lovers, it just doesn't fit.

7. I also add my voice to those asking for some play on the Bodhi-abduction piece. But I can see from previous posts that you're looking into it, so, say no more.

Yeah, right. Just leave it to Kulyok to be coding it. Grumble, grumble.

If I weren't going to be in the same spot myself in a few months, I might be able to generate a little more sympathy... :)

Anyway, here's my question to YOU, playtesters: now that you've played the game with Angelo, will you be playtesting him again, if the abduction and other materials are added?

Darn right I will :) Just try and stop me...

I will also take the opportunity to add my 'yes please!' vote to the different Tree of Life romance dialogue and to the Bodhi abduction episode. I remember thinking, as I was playing, that there were certain points where it felt like what he was saying/interjecting was 'standard' dialogue (i.e. not expressly from the romance path) -- it might just have been at the Tree of Life, but I think there was maybe one or two other bits -- and it'd be awesome if some of the more important events had him saying something more PC specific, especially in ToB where he's a bit more inclined to not hide away his worries and concerns as much.

Will I play it again? Hell yeah. But it might be a while. I'm on a writing kick again, so it will be a while before I do another BG2 run. Hopefully, by then there will be some Amber/Angelo crossmod, because I'd really like to play in multiplayer with the partner, romancing Angelo with the PC and Amber with Player2.

Hey! Now there's a thought! I want crossmod!

In particular, I would like:

Amber

Hubelpot

Kivan

I imagine that Kivan wouldn't be too crazy about the PC taking up with Angelo, but them's the breaks. Besides, it makes for good crossmod.

spoilers continue

[big spoilers ahead]

I finished TOB with him yesterday as well, and here are a few points:

1. Overall, I thought it was fantastic - the character is very well developed and believable. I think he's a great addition to the party, regardless of whether the player is or isn't romancing him.

;) Thanks!

2. From technical point of view, I had no problems, so, no bugs to report. Big kudos to Kulyok!

Yes, big-time kudos. I was thinking it's kind of a shame--with writing, one sort of notices things that stick out (for being unusually good), but with coding the best code (such as Angelo has) doesn't stick out--because things work just as they should...

But kudos are certainly in order!

3. I would have liked to see a different talk at the tree of life for an active romance, as having one which didn't mention the relationship at all felt discordant. If they're about to face their possible deaths, then surely he'd have something to say to his lover?

This is a very good point. The "tree of life" talk was written pretty early, before the romance was fleshed out; and there should certainly be a "romance" one. With some of the talks (such as the "tactics" talks in ToB) I think one can imagine him transitioning to a sort of professional mode even with his lover, but this is a crucial moment.

6. Is there another talk between Sarevok and Angelo after the grudging truce? If so, I didn't discover one. I'm not sure if I think there should be one more or not - it works well as is, but I can't help wishing there was another one. Even if it was Sarevok telling Angelo he's sorry and Angelo telling him it was too soon for a reconciliation, and leaving it at that.

That is the last extant talk, yes. One more might work. In general, though, I think it has that kind of "guy talk" vibe--where rather than saying one's sorry, one says "well, do you want to go get some beers or what?" :)

But something more along those lines might work well...

8. Lastly, I was very impressed with the writing in general. I went in with no expectations, and was blown away. I can't thank you enough for bringing out such a wonderful addition to the game. :)

Again, thank you, and thanks for all your comments! ;)

--SV

Where's the choice for "zigazig ha"?

;) [Kurtz]The horror...the horror...[/Kurtz]

and it'd be awesome if some of the more important events had him saying something more PC specific, especially in ToB where he's a bit more inclined to not hide away his worries and concerns as much.

This might touch on a broader issue, even, since I feel like at times Angelo is kind of separated from the events of the game. The whole thing with Irenicus kind of doesn't interest him (?) I was for example, thinking about more discussion of the PC losing his/her soul (which at present he just brushes off with a joke)...anyway, definitely something I'll keep in mind...

Hey! Now there's a thought! I want crossmod!

:) I'm certainly up for it. At the moment I have some in mind with a certain NPC over at SHS, and I'm open to (pretty much) anything else. I'm not very hip to the modding world yet, so advice/requests are appreciated...

In particular, I would like:

Amber

It's sort of a funny quirk I noticed that Angelo is terrified of dragons and the undead but doesn't especially seem to mind demons (or their like). I imagine he would warm to Amber quickly--although whether the reverse would be true, I could hardly say...

Hubelpot

All I know about this guy is that someone told me he looks like Lenin?

Kivan

There might indeed be an angle here since Angelo knew (and did not especially like) Tazok, something that's been developed a bit in recent versions. Tazok is one of the few game villains who doesn't appear in Fury, my long-ish fanfic, so it would be interesting to tap him a bit more (and I imagine Kivan has something to "say" when you re-encounter him, too...)

But, thanks all! And all comments, as always, have been registered :)

I would advise against making Angelo and Kivan friendly. I doubt Kivan is capable of seeing any difference between Angelo and Tazok. After all, Angelo just as much of a bully, as far as Kivan is concerned, killing one of his, Kivan's friends, in an offhanded way to teach PC a lesson. He also threw the PC's party in a human jail and sentenced them all to death, which was likely an unforgettable experience. So, it might be another case, where Kivan's rigidity and unability to forget or forgive might come to the forefront. Just my two cents. Cheers.

I would advise against making Angelo and Kivan friendly. I doubt Kivan is capable of seeing any difference between Angelo and Tazok. After all, Angelo just as much of a bully, as far as Kivan is concerned, killing one of his, Kivan's friends, in an offhanded way to teach PC a lesson. He also threw the PC's party in a human jail and sentenced them all to death, which was likely an unforgettable experience. So, it might be another case, where Kivan's rigidity and unability to forget or forgive might come to the forefront. Just my two cents. Cheers.

:) Noted.

For that matter--Angelo doesn't yet have any conflicts with party members that result in irreconcilable hostility, but that could well change...

Thanks to everyone for submitting your wishes!

A complete, final beta will be available for the select few(our valued playtesters, that is) in a moment.

Hint: *Rest in Amkethran tavern!*

But please, feel free to continue voting, discussing and in general eagerly awaiting. :)

In an ideal world, where things always seem a lot easier in than they really are...

I would like to see cross mod content for -

1. Nathaniel - He used to work at the Fist and mentions Angelo by name in his banters/love talks.

2. Kivan - 'nough said. Though, I would imagine that Kivan would treat him the same way as he treats Sarevok.

3. Reactions to RE - though I'm pretty sure Angelo wouldn't be that bothered to begin with, even if the romance is active. If not in a romance with a female PC I would imagine he'd be encouraging her - with a 'live a little' kind of attitude. If it was a male PC I would think he would cheer him on as well.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'll post more as I think of them...

(Edit: please disregard this post)

Hang on... why would somebody put NPC reactions to RE in Crossmod Banter Pack? That kind of thing should go in the NPC mod who reacts to it. Xan's reactions didn't go into CBP.

But I would like some Angelo RE reactions, yes.

Hang on... why would somebody put NPC reactions to RE in Crossmod Banter Pack?

Because it's easier to put an additional small banter into CBP, rather than update an entire mod; we've had this discussion before in "Calling all modders" already. Say, Jason decides he really, really wants Kelsey to react to some hot lesbian action. What would make more sense, submitting a couple of lines to Crossmod Banter Pack, or to update the entire mod(which has been stable for quite a while, too)?

The only exception would be reactions via player-initiated dialogue, such as the ones I employ in Xan: I'm not sure it's advisable to meddle with these via a third party mod, due to bugs and all.

(Edit: please disregard this post)

We're talking about a banter between the PC and an NPC. I don't see any reason why this has to go in CBP. If it were between one mod NPC and an RE NPC, sure, stick it in CBP, because that's where it belongs, as more than one writer will have to sign off on it, but something solely between the PC and NPC, no... unless they were coded already.

Edit: Actually, I'd go along with it with perfect serenity if they arrived coded and tested. I wouldn't mind testing Angelo reactions, but I could conceive of NPCs whose reactions I would be far less eager to test.

We were talking about that in the first place to accomodate already released mods, for which there have been zero takers.

Archived