Proficiencies

WizWom

http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?t...23&forum=20

Touches of the choice in Tutu to assign Kivan's Polearm proficiency to Halberd, instead of the obvious spear.

Another is Ajantis, who is carrying a Bastard sword in BG1, but who tutu gives two-handed sword proficiency to.

Coran, Long sword carried in BG1, two-handed sword proficiency.

Eldoth, carried Darts in BG1, short bow proficiency in Tutu

etc...

At the least, correcting these would be cool. It would give more variety.

Guest jastey*
http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?t...23&forum=20

Another is Ajantis, who is carrying a Bastard sword in BG1, but who tutu gives two-handed sword proficiency to.

Ajantis gets a sword and a shield from BG1NPC.

I never understood why Tutu makes him two-handed, though. Is there a choice upon installing? I have a faint trecall fpr Tutuv4 there was, or was it only the kit choice.

This discussion might be better placed in the Tutu / Easytutu section, instead of here.

Guest jastey*
never understood why Tutu makes him two-handed, though. Is there a choice upon installing? I have a faint trecall fpr T
Notes to herself: One good reason not to post as guest is that posts can be edited.

Yeah, I just commented on this before even looking at this. I've long thought to make some sort of "sensible weapon proficiencies" mod for Tutu (and maybe even BGT). Possibly it'd be an add-on or default choice for Level 1 NPCs, so you wouldn't have to slog through that mod's selection to do it all manually (and have to think about it all). Tutu may have just used some messy algorithm that converted BG1 "large sword" proficiencies to BG2 two-handed sword across the board. Unfortunately, EasyTutu inherited these too. And even more unfortunately, I don't forsee having much time to make such a mod any time soon :).

Notes to herself: One good reason not to post as guest is that posts can be edited.
But if you're the original poster and made a horrible typo in your post's title, you should really think about fixing it...
Porficiencies

Good points, but yes - EasyTutu, or perhaps Tutufix (though I would love it dearly if someone would update that with Macready's work), or something - unfortunately, whille adding some minor repairs to BG1 NPC installs to support stable code and expected behaviors are cool, there is way too much angst on the proficiencies front to add this as an option. But it certainly should be addrssed by either Tutu, EasyTutu, or Tutufix. We won't mind :)

But it certainly should be addrssed by either Tutu, EasyTutu, or Tutufix.
Except for:

a) No one's maintaining Tutu

b) Macready isn't putting it in EasyTutu (said so on PPG a while back)

c) No one's maintaining TutuFix

So the best bet is to write an independent mod or try to peddle it to someone like Nythrun for Level 1 NPCs v2: Level 2 NPCs (if v1 ever makes it out... :)).

Level 1 NPCs takes care of this, what else do you want?

BG1 takes 25+ hours to play. Level 1 NPCs takes 2- minutes to install.

Incidentally, I'm surprised to see that no one has mentioned Level 1 NPCs in the topic above. Let me correct that... done.

Level 1 NPCs takes care of this, what else do you want? Incidentally, I'm surprised to see that no one has mentioned Level 1 NPCs in the topic above.
Reading is your friend :).
or default choice for Level 1 NPCs, so you wouldn't have to slog through that mod's selection to do it all manually (and have to think about it all).

A lot of Bioware posters aren't even aware of modding sites, though it makes you wonder where they got Tutu. Some that are aware don't want much to do with mods (though again, makes you wonder why they installed Tutu). When I was first looking around for BG mods, it took me a while to discover G3, though there were plenty of hits to GameBanshee and the like.

Exactly. Which is why I posted the link on Bioware forums in the first place, in the thread mentioned by the original poster.
Yeah, I've done so before too, in response to the same old questions. Though at the time, there was no L1NPCs, but there was SCS's Allow player to choose NPC proficiencies component (and I'm surprised no one's mentioned that either).

Still, neither mod is very user-friendly to the new moddee, unless you know exactly what you want to do with the NPCs and have it written down somewhere or scripted.

Archived