running two different BG2 mod setups on two different hard drives

Lemernis

I have BG2 installed on C drive, but now also have added an E drive that has a different BG2 mod installation setup with another game I never finished. I'd like to be able to complete both games, i.e., the one on C drive and the one on E drive. But when I start up the game it defaults to the C drive installation. How can I tell the game to open the games stored on E drive instead? And then to switch back to the C drive game? Etc. Thanks in advance.

I have BG2 installed on C drive, but now also have added an E drive that has a different BG2 mod installation setup with another game I never finished. I'd like to be able to complete both games, i.e., the one on C drive and the one on E drive. But when I start up the game it defaults to the C drive installation. How can I tell the game to open the games stored on E drive instead? And then to switch back to the C drive game? Etc. Thanks in advance.

Try just double-clicking "bgmain.exe" in the E-drive game.

You also need to check that the baldur.ini inside the E drive, point's to the right direction in the [Alias] header.

So it looks something like this for example:

[Alias]
HD0:=E:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\
CD1:=E:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD1\
CD2:=E:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\;E:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\
CD3:=E:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD3\
CD4:=E:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD4\
CD5:=E:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD5\

-----------E, important. And don't put it to the \Program Files\ if you use Windows Vista, and also turn off the UAC... so you can mod the game. :laugh:

No, UAC leaves you alone modding if it isn't in the program files. the only trouble I have had was a reluctance to unpack the exe of several G3 mods.

So, when it came to the instant installation, it fails.

Icen

No, UAC leaves you alone modding if it isn't in the program files. the only trouble I have had was a reluctance to unpack the exe of several G3 mods.

So, when it came to the instant installation, it fails.

Icen

Just right-click on the exe and run as administrator.

No, I don't have to. I am the admin and it had the little shield icon next to it, and I give it full access. (I trust you lot regarding viruses).

Still not there, so I simply rename an older installer and switch back afterwards.

Icen

Archived