Bugs and typos for v3 and above

Guest Guest

Hee, hee...if I recall, the talk is supposed to happen for male PCs. I can't recall if I meant to give them the option to hit on him--thought I probably did, given that a sober male PC can try hitting on Angelo at least once--but "m'lady"is a mistake. I like your explanation for it, though

I'm not sure if the getting drunk talk is meant to happen for a male PC, but it did and my rather drunken PC hit on Angelo. He said no, but then called him m'lady. I guess this could just be Angelo being drunk too? But thought I should report it just in case.

"Another strike against Esim, he was a solider, and a mercenary at that."

In the love talk when Angelo asks if you're feelings for him haven't changed.

btw, I'm new to this whole mod playing business (and this means I'll probably be playing the BG series for some time again and again... oh boy) and I'm enjoying Angelo very much. Nice work in making a solid NPC =) and a decent romance for female PCs. Laughed my ass off a few times too ???

Gotcha. Thanks for the report, and glad you're enjoying it :p

"Another strike against Esim, he was a solider, and a mercenary at that."

In the love talk when Angelo asks if you're feelings for him haven't changed.

btw, I'm new to this whole mod playing business (and this means I'll probably be playing the BG series for some time again and again... oh boy) and I'm enjoying Angelo very much. Nice work in making a solid NPC =) and a decent romance for female PCs. Laughed my ass off a few times too ???

Well, just found another one.

In ToB, when you ask Angelo about what he'd think if he had Bhaal's blood and he tells you about the oath with Sarevok:

"I made me feel like I could do anything..."

A 't' short ???

EDIT: Also, a small issue with the bathing sequence. Not only it was an instant rest (no 8 hours passing) but Angelo also didn't rest. He was still fatigated and didn't recover his spells.

??? Thanks for the report.

As for Angelo's still being fatigued, I'm fairly sure this was unintentional; but nonetheless, I can think of a few reasons why he might be...

[Parenthetically, one of my favorite lines in the mod has to be the PC's "don't lie to me, you'd just wet your hair and say you were done, wouldn't you?"...I crack up every time I read that]

Well, just found another one.

In ToB, when you ask Angelo about what he'd think if he had Bhaal's blood and he tells you about the oath with Sarevok:

"I made me feel like I could do anything..."

A 't' short :p

EDIT: Also, a small issue with the bathing sequence. Not only it was an instant rest (no 8 hours passing) but Angelo also didn't rest. He was still fatigated and didn't recover his spells.

Heya ???

It looks like there's a missing item called ADClub according to Angelo\Scripts\ADSawara.baf. Was wondering whether this is something that's missing from the package or just something leftover from a previous version :down: Thanks!

I'm thinking this is a morning star called The Tyrant, which should be found in a chest in Sawara's house. But since the Sawara loot was changed around a bit, I can't swear it actually is there in the current version. The "flavor text" talks about it having belonged to a pirate? Other than that I'm not sure what it might be :p

Thanks for the reply :down:

I'm looking at the files and saw an ADTyrant.itm in the Angelo\Items\ folder. It isn't copied by the .tp2 and looks like it's some kinda unfinished business thing :p (doesn't have a description and stuff in the .tra's either ???)

Hmm yes, I can't find it either; I guess it was cut in the final version after all. For the curious: it was a +3 morning star with fire damage, but required 18/00 strength to wield, the rationale being it was really, really big. It had belonged to a pirate lord from whichever country is the China analogue (like Wa and Kozakura are Japan)(Shou Lung?) and modeled on those two-handed clubs you see in Dynasty Warriors.

I always wanted to redress what I saw as underrepresented weapon groups in the game. Then I remembered that morning stars and flails are in the same group; so anyone with dots there will probably use the Flail of the Ages

Thanks for the reply :down:

I'm looking at the files and saw an ADTyrant.itm in the Angelo\Items\ folder. It isn't copied by the .tp2 and looks like it's some kinda unfinished business thing :p (doesn't have a description and stuff in the .tra's either ???)

Hey, I'm going to be updating mods for WeiDU 216. You wants I should fix some of the typos/borked stuff? I seem to recall you asking me to do this a while ago... and me telling you that I didn't have the time at the moment. I'm willing to version up for you now, if you'd like that.

Also, if you want to reinstate that flail and put it in the chest, I can do that.

Hey, I'm going to be updating mods for WeiDU 216. You wants I should fix some of the typos/borked stuff? I seem to recall you asking me to do this a while ago... and me telling you that I didn't have the time at the moment. I'm willing to version up for you now, if you'd like that.

The funny thing is, Berelinde, you hate me, and you've been disliking me for years. Is that your revenge or what, tinkering with mods I spent months on, considering there are numerous other modders out there, and that fixing typos takes about three hours? I'm just curious.

And, no, I don't trust you to do it right, either: Angelo has no serious or game-breaking or mod-breaking bugs now, yet, your own mod, Gavin BG2, got real problems: you had to release ten versions in a few days, and bug reports keep coming. You'll introduce new serious bugs to Angelo v4, and everyone will blame me, who coded a playable mod from the start.

On-topic: CamDawg did the G3-ifying of Angelo v3. I can fix typos, but I cannot do the G3-ifying, and CamDawg, unfortunately, is not around anymore - I don't know who else to turn to with that.

If it's possible to do Angelo_v4 as self-extracting mod which finds Baldur's Gate II path automatically(just like PPG mods), I could easily do the update and ask theacefes/cmorgan to put it on to the site within days, if you want me to.

Or ask another modder to do the update. Just. Not. Berelinde.

Cool! :D Though even from the description I'm not entirely sure what it does. It looks relatively innocuous though. Does it change the ninja's script?
There's a small fix for Angelo here :p The first attachment in that post (spell_fixes.txt) has details of exactly what got modified and why... please feel free to bash for any wrong changes :)

That change incorporates BG2Fixpack's changes in line 31555-31560 (in the bg2fixpack.tp2) into Angelo :D... Miloch found the original bug in WeiDU-Ascension and I just made a search for the same bug in ALL THE MODS :)

To the player, they might see the creature that uses ADNinja.bcs cast a new spell to prep itself :D (tougher fights ftw!)

Archived