Jan missing his bonus spells

Certain versions of Jan--definitely JAN8 and JAN10, I haven't checked all of them--are missing his illusionist bonus daily spell slots. This gets rectified at his next level up, but it would seem easy enough to fix.

It would also have to be decided whether or not to have him come with spells memorized in those slots, and if so, which spells. I don't think this is a big deal whatever is decided.

It's all of them; I'm not sure why this didn't make it into one of the previous releases. Suggest away for memorizations.

COPY_EXISTING jan8.cre	 override
		  jan10.cre	override
		  jan11.cre	override
		  jan12.cre	override
		  jan15.cre	override
 PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE > 0x2d3 BEGIN
READ_BYTE   0x234 l
READ_LONG   0x2a8 m
WRITE_SHORT m + 0x72 l < 0xd ? 0x5 : 0x6
WRITE_SHORT m + 0x74 l < 0xd ? 0x5 : 0x6
WRITE_SHORT m + 0x82 l < 0xa ? 0x4 : l < 0xd ? 0x5 : 0x6
WRITE_SHORT m + 0x84 l < 0xa ? 0x4 : l < 0xd ? 0x5 : 0x6
WRITE_SHORT m + 0x92 l < 0x8 ? 0x3 : l < 0xb ? 0x4 : 0x5
WRITE_SHORT m + 0x94 l < 0x8 ? 0x3 : l < 0xb ? 0x4 : 0x5
WRITE_SHORT m + 0xa2 l < 0x7 ? 0x0 : l < 0x8 ? 0x2 : l < 0xb ? 0x3 : 0x4
WRITE_SHORT m + 0xa4 l < 0x7 ? 0x0 : l < 0x8 ? 0x2 : l < 0xb ? 0x3 : 0x4
WRITE_SHORT m + 0xb2 l < 0x9 ? 0x0 : l < 0xa ? 0x2 : l < 0xb ? 0x3 : 0x4
WRITE_SHORT m + 0xb4 l < 0x9 ? 0x0 : l < 0xa ? 0x2 : l < 0xb ? 0x3 : 0x4
 END
BUT_ONLY

Suggest away for memorizations.

Since Jan's an Illusionist, spells from the Illusion school would be most appropriate according to PnP rules:

Through the course of his studies, the illusionist has become adept at memorizing illusion spells (though it is still an arduous process). He can memorize an extra illusion spell at each spell level. Thus, as a 1st-level caster he can memorize two spells, although at least one of these must be an illusion spell.

Thanks for the code Nythrun, and for the reply, aVENGER.

Since Jan's an Illusionist, spells from the Illusion school would be most appropriate according to PnP rules:

Agreed.

We probably shouldn't monkey around with his spellbook, so that gives us precious little choice, except at spell level 2.

For all versions:

Spell Level 1: Reflected Image is the only Illusion spell in his spellbook.

Spell Level 2: I'd go with Blur; he comes with Invisibility and Mirror Image memorized already.

Spell Level 3: Invisibility 10' Radius is the only Illusion spell in his spellbook.

Spell Level 4: Improved Invisibility is the only Illusion spell in his spellbook.

For all of them except JAN8:

Spell Level 5: Shadow Door is the only Illusion spell in his spellbook.

That's a lot of new ways to go unseen, but it fits his personality, I guess.

We needn't worry about spell levels above that. JAN12 is a 11th level illusionist/12th level thief, and so still doesn't have 6th level spells. So is JAN15: he just has enough XP to level up further.

Guest Guest
Spell Level 5: Shadow Door is the only Illusion spell in his spellbook.

Is shadow door different from dimension door - if not, i remember reading in d0tweak, which reintroduces dimension door, that the spell (dd) can actually break the game, the reason why it wasn't a player castable spell...but i haven't played in a while, they probably are different spells...

Is shadow door different from dimension door - if not, i remember reading in d0tweak, which reintroduces dimension door, that the spell (dd) can actually break the game, the reason why it wasn't a player castable spell...

If you're silly with it, at least. It's not an admission that the mod breaks the game or anything like that. Dimension Door gives you the ability to skip over plot-crucial ground triggers. Don't do that.

Archived