Things you always wanted to ask

Domi

We pulled together a standard short PC initiated dialogues for all 25 NPC's The list of standard options are below - and you get the "charmed" sbippet or some biographical infor from an NPC depending on your luck. What I'd like to ask you - if you can think of a good question to ask NPC please, write it down in this thread, so we might customize a bit the sets for different NPCs if the respective Czar/Czarina thinks that she can come up with a good short answer and it is not covered in the standard PC talks. Please, specify which NPC that would be, and keep in mind that it is not a flirt pack :groucho: - just a quick exchange initiated by a PC.

1) You proceed with asking inquisitive questions about Ajantis’ past. (favors PC with high intelligence)

2) You talk about the Ajantis ' problems and hopes, in a friendly and kind manner, in hopes of making Ajantis to confide in you. (favors PC with high Wis)

3) You are used to hearing things from the bottom of people’s hearts...so you try to charm Ajantis into telling you more about himself. (favors PC with high CHARISMA)

4) You ask Ajantis lots of personal questions.

5) You decide that you cannot be bothered; lest you learn the things you do not want to know about Ajantis.

To Ajantis:

Good squire, I met only a few knights in my time in Candlekeep, though of course I used to read many tales of chivalry and grand adventure. Could you perhaps favor me with a tale or two of the Radiant Hart?

To Khalid:

Khalid, would you be willing to answer a question? Your elvish blood gives you a natural tallent for magic, and you have a keen mind. The elves are famous for their heroic Battle-Singers. Have you never considered following the path of the fighter-mage?

To Skie:

Your clothes are so pretty Skie, and so stylish! What are the latest fashions in Baldur's Gate?

To Monty:

So Monteron, I've always wondered, how do you halflings keep such a sunny, happy disposition? From your sweet tiny fingers to your funny, fuzzy feet, you little bitty people are just as cute as anything! You are happy bubbly snugliness personified! How do you do it?

To Khalid:

Khalid, would you be willing to answer a question? Your elvish blood gives you a natural tallent for magic, and you have a keen mind. The elves are famous for their heroic Battle-Singers. Have you never considered following the path of the fighter-mage?

I think that Khalid would answer that you should blame those fickle game designers for changing their minds at the last moment...

BG pre-release character bio's

:groucho:

his pre-rerlease bio-bio and Arian's sketch can be tied in and it can be that he took some lessons in sorcery in his youth, but after his abduction/torture/rescue his resulting stutter impeded his mage skills, so he is not casting any more.

Unlikely that Khalid's father would have encouraged or sponsored his studies in magic (those would cost a great lot), as he obviously despised his half-breed son. It would make more sense if Khalid's contact with magery would occur only when he had joined the Harper ranks - perhaps they would test his capabilities, as sort of career counsellors.

I'd like to be able to ask all the NPCs about their family. I believe Viconia is the only NPC who mentions brothers or sisters in the original game, and most don't talk about their parents either.

Come to think of it, the same is true of BG2 as well :groucho:.

I would like to see Skie complain when the party go into the sewers...or refuse to go in ???

She complains enough about her hair and nails :groucho:

And Amazing had foreseen it - she already DOES! in Phase II :(

I'd like to be able to ask all the NPCs about their family.  I believe Viconia is the only NPC who mentions brothers or sisters in the original game, and most don't talk about their parents either.

Come to think of it, the same is true of BG2 as well :groucho:.

Well, in their PC dialogues at least Kivan, Xan and Skie talk about their families. Montaron, Yeslick, Khalid, Jaheira, Tiax, Shar-Teel and Safana tell of their family a bit in the standard PC-initiated dialogues. Seifer promissed a PC dialogue about Ajantis family and I am co-authoring one about Edwin with Merja. Dynaheir will talk of her family in one of her lovetalks. I think you were going to incorporate a fair bit of Alora's family history in her quest. So I think it is more or less covered.

*Spoiler*

***Minsc's family history will be discussed in Dynaheir's romance if PC has sufficient intelligence. he well be revealed as the boy that was given to Dynaheir's parents when she was taken away to become a Hathran. Minsc does not know about it.***

Archived