Ajantis turns hostile

Guest Mimic

Guest -ZeBee-
Leaves hope v16 is really bugfixed as it should. Phew!

Erm, I just came to talk about this very subject... eh-heh, sorry, Jastey, but I've got this problem... Accidently clicked on Ajantis, and he spouts his evil speach: "Associating myself with you was beneath my honor. I must end your evil ways now!" then he dissapears.

My PC is a female elf, mage/thief, chaotic good, reputation of 13 (since I've only just started a new game. I'm hopeing the rep. will actually get higher over time.) and I have Jaheira, Khalid and Imoen in the party.

Nothing evil here, but he seems to think so, as his 'oh-so-righteous-butt-kicking' speach proves right before he heads for the nearest exit...

Oh, I am playing with v16, just to make that clear... I had v14 originally, and Ajantis was fine (could talk to him with no problems, etc) then I had to wipe my computor because of a silly bug, and when it was up and running again I downloaded v15 which had this problem. I just recently uninstalled v15, downloaded v16 and installed it, and now this...

Now I'm just left wondering why it couldn't happen to Coran instead of Ajantis? I'd happily trade them! :)

Back on subject; I don't mind playing the game like this (as I said, I didn't actually mean to click on him, and I have a saved game prior to his leaving, so it's no problem), I just thought you should know that the bug is still present... in my case anyway.

Ciao, and thanks for the great mod everyone who worked on it! ;) - ZeBee

Guest jastey*

Thanks for letting us know. Last time I checked, the patching was correct for v 16. I suspect it's the updating from v15 to v16 that doesn't work, for some obscure reason. I will check again, but until then, do you know how to deal with it? There is a bugfix description somewhere.

Guest -ZeBee-

Yes, thankyou, I found the bugfix and I will sort that all out when I have time. :) Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

- ZeBee

Reconfirmed on prerelease v17, 11/25/2008 - Ajantis has the following patching to modify his "Leaving Forever" state:

bg1npc-v17\bg1npc\core\dlg\x#jfix_tutu.d

/* Cleaning J's of not conditionals */
REPLACE_STATE_TRIGGER ~_AJANTJ~ 0 ~Global("AjantisLeave","GLOBAL",0) HappinessLT(Myself,-290)~

bg1npc-v17\bg1npc\core\dlg\x#jfix_bgt.d

ADD_STATE_TRIGGER AJANTJ 0 ~Global("AjantisLeave","GLOBAL",0) HappinessLT(Myself,-290)~

so extremely evil folks will still get this line playing, but it really will never trigger - Jastey's internal checks for reputation and action will trigger long before this particular response will.

Yea I get the whole associating with you is beneath my honor thing when i try to talk to him and I've tried uninstalling it or re-installing it and it say error this version is to new or old get latest version and retry or something like that. I just don't know what to do I haven't romanced any of the other guys and my rep is always at least 13 because I've tried starting over a couple times it's very distressing if anyone could help me out I'd be most appreciative.

The error message I get when trying to uninstall the previous version is "This mod is too old (or too new) to uninstall that compoonent for you. Upgrade to the newest verison and try again." Then I get the same error message when trying to re-install or uninstall version 16.

Archived