Bad Pool Header BSOD

Guest Kristal

Guest Kristal

I get the same crash whenever I enter an underground brothel in Baldur's Gate. Have other people had the same experience, and is there a fix?

I've never heard of this. From what I googled, it looks like a hardware or driver issue. I guess it won't hurt to have your WeiDU.log, but I think someone already asked for that in another thread, so no need to post it twice if so.

Is this for BG1, Tutu or BGT?

Guest Kristal
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Loadscreens

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Totemic Druid Spirit Summons are Balanced

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1 Summoning Spells

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #7 // Walking Speeds

~SETUP-BBSCARDR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBSCARDR - Scimitar of the Arch-Druid

~SETUP-BBSCCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBSCCS1, BBSCCS2, BBSCCS3, BBSCCS4, BBSCCS5, BBSCCS6, BBSCCS7, BBSCCS8, BBSCCS9 - Scroll Case

~SETUP-BBQUIVB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBQUIVB1, BBQUIVB2, BBQUIVB3, BBQUIVB4, BBQUIVB5, BBQUIVB6, BBQUIVB7, BBQUIVB8, BBQUIVB9 - Bolt Quiver

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Angelo Notices Shar-teel

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // Coran and the Wyverns

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kivan and Tazok

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Branwen and Tranzig

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Safana the Flirt

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Audio Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Area Corrections and Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Permanent Corpses

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // Elven Charm and Sleep Racial Resistance

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #27 // Sarevok's Diary Corrections

~SETUP-BBQUIVC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBQUIVC1, BBQUIVC2, BBQUIVC3, BBQUIVC4, BBQUIVC5, BBQUIVC6, BBQUIVC7, BBQUIVC8, BBQUIVC9 - Ammunition Belt

~SETUP-BBBKBG.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBBKBG1, BBBKBG2, BBBKBG3, BBBKBG4, BBBKBG5, BBBKBG6, BBBKBG7, BBBKBG8, BBBKBG9 - Book Bag

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Edwin his BG2 portrait.: v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait.: v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #5 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Minsc his BG2 portrait.: v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.: v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's "Kivan and Deheriana Companions" portrait: v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location -> Alora Starts in the Hall of Wonders.: v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #19 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location -> Eldoth Starts in the Cloakwood Forest.: v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location -> Quayle Starts at the Nashkel Carnival.: v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #24 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location -> Tiax Starts in Beregost.: v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.: v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // The BG1 NPC Project: Make Shar-Teel Unkillable until In Party: v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #28 // The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One -> Open Cloakwood Lodge (first Cloakwood area only): v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v16

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Edwin his BG2 portrait.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #5 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Minsc his BG2 portrait.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's "Kivan and Deheriana Companions" portrait: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location -> Alora Starts in the Hall of Wonders.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #19 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location -> Eldoth Starts in the Cloakwood Forest.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location -> Quayle Starts at the Nashkel Carnival.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #24 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location -> Tiax Starts in Beregost.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // The BG1 NPC Project: Make Shar-Teel Unkillable until In Party: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #28 // The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One -> Open Cloakwood Lodge (first Cloakwood area only): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v16

~BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK/BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Copy all portraits for use by player characters: v2

~BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK/BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Replace all NPC portraits (AMOK): v2

~BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK/BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternate Branwen portrait: BioWare edit by XVIII: v2

~BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK/BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Alternate Coran Portrait -> Alternate by Amok: v2

~BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK/BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Alternate Dynaheir Portrait -> Alternate #2 by Amok: v2

~BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK/BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // Alternate Faldorn Portrait: by XVIII: v2

~BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK/BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK.TP2~ #0 #23 // Alternate Safana Portrait: BioWare edit by XVIII: v2

~BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK/BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK.TP2~ #0 #27 // Alternate Viconia Portrait: BioWare edit by XVIII: v2

~BG1NPCMUSIC/BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install All Audio: v5

~CORANBGFRIEND/CORANBGFRIEND.TP2~ #0 #0 // Coran's Extended BG Friendship Talks, v1, October 20, 2007: v2

~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Higher (500 items) stacks for gems/missiles/potions/scrolls

~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #1 // Bag of holding and improved Erdane store

~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #2 // Higher stacks for normal missiles in stores

~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved spell learning for bards and mages

~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #6 // Happy dual-classing

~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #10 // Xp level cap remover

~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Mini-Quests and Encounters Mod: 3

~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #10 // Xp level cap remover

~SETUP-DISC255.TP2~ #0 #0 // Disc 255 Fix v2.0 (BG: TotSC)

~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Higher (500 items) stacks for gems/missiles/potions/scrolls

~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #1 // Bag of holding and improved Erdane store

~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #2 // Higher stacks for normal missiles in stores

~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved spell learning for bards and mages

~SETUP-BG1-EASE-V2.1.TP2~ #0 #6 // Happy dual-classing

It seems like it does not like some of the items I put in override (by process of elimination) like book bag, gem bag and scroll case, for example. I restored these via SK to my reinstalled game. It could also be some of the items I restored that were in them too... I hope not, as some were quest items. I can explore the area without these items, in any case, and the game crashed immediately after I put them back in that area,

Is there are good, tutu compatible tweak pack? I am looking for organisation items, like bag of holding, etc, but also to shut off cloak and helmet animations, as well as the amazingly annoying "you must gather your party before venturing forth" noise.

thanks

See if you can decompress AR1012.biff into the override, which will clog it up a little, but it might get rid of your problem.

Icen

Well, it seems to have been renamed by tutu... but more importantly, how would I decompress a it? I've got an .are a .wed and a .bcs by the name 0112.

I am not sure, folks - on EasyTutu, it might be safer at this point to go back and start over. EasyTutu drops a bugfixed and stable version of everything into the override. It may not directly match those found in the .bif files - you would need to check with Macready.

I would recheck everything is fine with your BG1 install, then run out another copy of EasyTutu. Then use BG2 Tweaks to get all that Ease-Of-Use stuff, and drop the older containers (which are for BG1, I think, not BG2/EasyTutu/Tutuv4 - and that could cause all sorts of oddities). Tweaks adds all of that, as does (I think) parts of Unfinished Business.

Searching D:\program files\BaldursGateTutu, there is no file of that name.. In fact, I do not have area specific files in data, by the looks of the names of the files in that dir. Also, if I search the whole dir and subdirs, I can't find a file of that name. It's not in the SOA dir either.

I used easy tutu with soa and selected minimum space, so it moved everything into a BaldursGateTutu installation dir... and gave new names, presumably.

~SETUP-BBSCCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBSCCS1, BBSCCS2, BBSCCS3, BBSCCS4, BBSCCS5, BBSCCS6, BBSCCS7, BBSCCS8, BBSCCS9 - Scroll Case

~SETUP-BBQUIVB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBQUIVB1, BBQUIVB2, BBQUIVB3, BBQUIVB4, BBQUIVB5, BBQUIVB6, BBQUIVB7, BBQUIVB8, BBQUIVB9 - Bolt Quiver

I'm not sure these Bellina downloads are absolutely compatible with Tutu, I'll have to look at them. As cmorgan says, install BG2 Tweaks (available here) instead of Ease-of-Use. Don't be fooled by the name - it's also compatible with Tutu and contains everything in Ease-of-Use and more. If you want even more containers, you can try Lost Items too.

Also, if you go into your options (as when you save or load) and Graphics, are any of the "BLT" buttons on? If so, you probably want them off. And get the latest drivers for your video card. If you do go for a reinstall of BG1 and EasyTutu, make sure your disks are clean and do a "Custom" and "Full" install.

I did do a full install both times... So I dunno what's up with that biff, but I am curious.

No BLT buttons. I had to look to see what you are talking about.

It is a relatively new (old) video card, so I got the drivers recently, and it is not top -of-the-line, ergo probably already troubleshot, but I could look to see if there are driver updates just the same... It's a geforce fx 5500.

I suppose you mean this:

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/index.php

?

Finally, for the purposes of the archives, if you are seeking a solution to this problem too, you may find useful info in this crosspost: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...mp;#entry128856

I could look to see if there are driver updates just the same... It's a geforce fx 5500.
Always a good idea. Here is a post about issues with older nVidia cards and here's one about newer ones. I guess yours is probably somewhere in between. Given this seems to be applicable just to one small area though, it's probably an install glitch.
Yes.

As I said, make sure your media is clean and scratch-free if you do a reinstall and also that both BG1 and BG2 have the latest Bioware patches for your versions before adding Tutu or any mods.

Gawd, I hate updating drivers sometimes. It took about an hour just to fix what it broke vis a vis my display preferences... windows doesn't help either... It is as quirky as any code out there.

Anywho, no scratches as I am using disk images. I have to since I am rough on CDs, being as generally disorganised as I am.

Archived