Bassilus

Guest PetrusOctavianus

Guest PetrusOctavianus

Just met Bassilus, and with the "no BG2 spells" section installed he didn't pre-buff the arrow turning spell (can't remember the name). At least the text didn't mention it.

Anyway, my guys shot him down to Badly Wounded, interrupting every spell he tried to cast, when suddenly missiles didn't do damage anymore, despite the text saying "hit". So I had to finish him off with MM and Minor Drain.

He did have a spell effect round him that I guess looks like "arrow deflect" or whatitsname.

Unfortunately I've lost my WeiduLog, so I can't post it. Guess one of my clean up programs was a bit overzealous.

Anyone else had this problem with Bassilus? I started shooting him *after* his buffs came up, so it's weird that missiles should suddenly stop working...

Unfortunately I've lost my WeiduLog, so I can't post it. Guess one of my clean up programs was a bit overzealous.
Eh... well this is definitely a Bad Thing. It's what WeiDU uses to keep track of what to install and uninstall. If you don't plan on ever changing or adding to your installed mods, maybe it's not a huge concern, but I'd be worried about what else might've been "accidently" deleted.
Guest PetrusOctavianus
Eh... well this is definitely a Bad Thing. It's what WeiDU uses to keep track of what to install and uninstall. If you don't plan on ever changing or adding to your installed mods, maybe it's not a huge concern, but I'd be worried about what else might've been "accidently" deleted.

Fortunately I was able to retrieve it. :-)

"No BG2 spells" won't stop him using the arrow-deflect (it's restricted to L1-5 spells), so I'd guess that's the reason. I'm unsure why you managed to get some hits in before it started working, though.

I normally too get in a few hits on Bassy when the conversation is over...

Guest PetrusOctavianus
"No BG2 spells" won't stop him using the arrow-deflect (it's restricted to L1-5 spells), so I'd guess that's the reason.

Ehem...Vocalize?

Got a nasty susprise against the Red Wizards when I managed to Silence two of them (they didn't cast Globe as part of buffing) and one of them (the other was killed by a Cloud Kill cast from a scroll) cast Vocalize, a lvl 2 spell.

Or does "No BG2 spells" only apply to the player?

"No BG2 spells" won't stop him using the arrow-deflect (it's restricted to L1-5 spells), so I'd guess that's the reason.

Ehem...Vocalize?

Got a nasty susprise against the Red Wizards when I managed to Silence two of them (they didn't cast Globe as part of buffing) and one of them (the other was killed by a Cloud Kill cast from a scroll) cast Vocalize, a lvl 2 spell.

Vocalise is in BG1.

Guest PetrusOctavianus

Ehem...Vocalize?

Vocalise is in BG1.

Are you sure?

I can't remember ever seeing a Vocalize scroll.

Guest PetrusOctavianus
Vocalise is in BG1.
Are you sure? I can't remember ever seeing a Vocalize scroll.
It's not exactly common, but there's one in the Candlekeep library and one on a guy at the Baldur's Gate docks.

Ah, yes, I remember the Vocalize scroll from the Candlekeep library now. My bad. :-(

Weird that it's not part of the random loot, though, since just about every other scroll will drop.

Weird that it's not part of the random loot, though, since just about every other scroll will drop.
Well, rndscrol.2da is hardcoded to drop certain scrolls - with 4 rows * 20 columns, that accounts for about 70 100 80 scrolls, though there may be some duplicates. Some scrolls should not be randomly droppable though IMO.

Archived