Coran, you bastard!

PetrusOctavianus

Near the end of the battle against the Iron Throne in Baldur's Gate Coran is backstabbed to less then 10 HP. First he says the standard "it's only a flesh wound, then right after he says "I can't stay with this group any longer. I have to call it quits". Then his portrait disappears, his avatar turns blue and he leaves. Ajantis with his Boots of Speed runs after him, but he's gone, taking with him the Longbow of Markmanship, Bracers of Archery, Boots of Stealth, Cloak of Non-Detection all specialty arrows, among them 8 Arrows of Dispelling. :-(

But he left his baby, her milk bottle and (thankfully) the Potion Bag.

I've never seen this behaviour before, usually people turn yellow when the going gets tough.

I assume Coran is gone for good?

Yes, that's again, correct. Coran will return to Briel to initiate his quest. When he has the baby along, if his HP drop below 5% or 1% or whatever, he should flee the party carrying the baby (he tries to save Namarra).

Yes, that's again, correct. Coran will return to Briel to initiate his quest. When he has the baby along, if his HP drop below 5% or 1% or whatever, he should flee the party carrying the baby (he tries to save Namarra).

OK, it makes sense for him to save his baby.

I guess Namarra and her accessories are dropped because they are Quest Items?

Where does Coran go? Does he just disappear for good? Or will he turn up again?

Would be nice (and more immersive/realistic) to be able to catch up with him again to either punish, forgive or voice my disappointment with him.

Yeah, there is a thinggie that needs to be unflagged on the items, so Coran takes them with him; the rest he should probably drop to the players' inventory. Once he wanders off, he wanders off. Probably takes Briel on a holiday. I dunno, if the folks will have time to look at this, it would be nice to fix the items bug, but adding another layer of compexity to Coran's code in particular is a bad idea :) .

Guest jastey*

Maybe he could say something like "I have to protect [name of baby], this is getting too dangerous", too? I recall reading about player questions concerning Coran's disappearance in a fight (and your explanation) before. The current comment doesn't make his intentions clear, imho.

Are you using v16? We supposedy fixed this flagging for all his items in v16... if it isn't working in v16, we are going to want to recheck the flagging of the items and do some more testing.

I'd rather not add on lines if we can avoid it, but if push comes to shove we can contact the French, Spanish, and (lone Italian valiantly battling the wall of text armed only with a word processor and an immense amount of selfless devotion) add a DSH (if Domi writes it and posts it here).

Archived