After killing Sarevok

Guest Sheepish_Lion

Guest Sheepish_Lion

Spoilers

I finished killing Sarevok at the end of the game. I have two questions:

1) I killed Tazok with Kivan in my party back in Chapter 3, yet he is still in the final battle. Is this normal since he's suppose to be dead?

2) After killing Sarevok I was taken to a new area where a stranger ambushed my party. He kidnapped Dynaheir and I jumped through the portal after her. Is that the end of the game or is this a bug? It just seemed like an abrupt ending. Thanks.

1) I killed Tazok with Kivan in my party back in Chapter 3, yet he is still in the final battle. Is this normal since he's suppose to be dead?

This is normal for both the vanilla game and Easytutu. I don't know about BGT.

Yes, Tazok's reappearance even if he was killed is normal BG behavoir.

2) After killing Sarevok I was taken to a new area where a stranger ambushed my party. He kidnapped Dynaheir and I jumped through the portal after her. Is that the end of the game or is this a bug? It just seemed like an abrupt ending. Thanks.

It's part of Dynaheir's romance, and it should have a bit of dialogue after you came to that area, and then the game-end sequence should play as normal. Did it happen? If not, what V of BG1NPC you are running?

Guest Sheepish_Lion
It's part of Dynaheir's romance, and it should have a bit of dialogue after you came to that area, and then the game-end sequence should play as normal. Did it happen? If not, what V of BG1NPC you are running?

I am using v. 14 of BG1NPC. Basically what happens is I am taken to a new map and a stranger ambushes us and says he needs me and Dynaheir alive. After Dynaheir tells me to run and I say no, that we should fight, the dialogue ends and the party and bad guys just stand around and I have no control over them. There's no ending credits or anything. Is this normal?

Guest Sheepish_Lion
For versions below v16, yes :)

Your game is all over, so it is ok just to go on to your BG2 game. Before you start a new Tutu game, though, you can avoid this by installing v16.

What happens differently in v16? Does it have more story to it? Is it too late to download it or would I have to start a whole new game?

Well, unfortunately, it is probably best to start over with a new game.

For what happens, it is straightforward - you have seen most of it - there is an attempt to shield you by Dy, and she gets toasted. Then the baddies knock you all out and steal you away (because that is what the game starting video in BG2 infers, Domi wrote it that way). The end credits for BG roll (after a gentle DisplayStringHead lets you know that it the game is over, and you can now import your savegame into BG2 and continue your character there).

Archived