Minor incompatibilities?

Silverstar

I had a chance to play with my mega mod install today and came across a few bugs. I am not sure if SCS II is the culprit but I wanted them to be reported:

1)In the G3 Anniversary mod, the bardess in the Java House in Promenade, she was supposed to cast a spell and transform java beans I gave to her into Vibrissa. However, I gave her the beans as usual, and nothing happened. I talked her again and she asked me if I have the beans again? But since I have already given them, I don't, and the quest is stucked. I can CLUAConsole the Vibrissa to get on with the quest, but I dunno if this has something to do with the SCS II's AI scripts somehow overriding the bard's scripted special spell?

2)Improved Battle's Improved Lord Roenall fight. I kill his goons fast, and he was supposed to teleport a new bunch of elite minions after than. He is unkillable until last of his men fall. But he did not teleport in new reinforcements and was totally unkillable. I am not sure again, but maybe SCS II script interferring with his script to summon final troops? Since he was unkillable (always staying at near death) I spent the time limit and lost the keep. Agh. I could not think of a CLUA console command to trigger his final troops and make him mortal.

3)I had this a long time ago and still could not find a cure:The troll shamannes in druid stronghold, she is normally unkillable, and will create a horde of diseased rats when badly injured and then only die. However she always stays in near death and uses her SCS II script very well. (unholy blights that tear my good party, and sanctuary+heal combo when wounded) but her script to summon rats never triggers...I again think SCS II is to blame?

All of thesehave worked without these bugs in my other, non-SCS II games. However this is the first time I try these with SCS II and I run into these bugs. Any ideas and/or solutions are welcomed?

Thanks for these.

1)In the G3 Anniversary mod, the bardess in the Java House in Promenade, she was supposed to cast a spell and transform java beans I gave to her into Vibrissa. However, I gave her the beans as usual, and nothing happened. I talked her again and she asked me if I have the beans again? But since I have already given them, I don't, and the quest is stucked. I can CLUAConsole the Vibrissa to get on with the quest, but I dunno if this has something to do with the SCS II's AI scripts somehow overriding the bard's scripted special spell?

Yes, I've heard of that one before - almost certainly an SCSII compatibility issue. Will try to sort.

2)Improved Battle's Improved Lord Roenall fight. I kill his goons fast, and he was supposed to teleport a new bunch of elite minions after than. He is unkillable until last of his men fall. But he did not teleport in new reinforcements and was totally unkillable. I am not sure again, but maybe SCS II script interferring with his script to summon final troops? Since he was unkillable (always staying at near death) I spent the time limit and lost the keep. Agh. I could not think of a CLUA console command to trigger his final troops and make him mortal.

No idea about that one. I'll have a look sometime. CTRL-Y is probably the easiest workaround!

3)I had this a long time ago and still could not find a cure:The troll shamannes in druid stronghold, she is normally unkillable, and will create a horde of diseased rats when badly injured and then only die. However she always stays in near death and uses her SCS II script very well. (unholy blights that tear my good party, and sanctuary+heal combo when wounded) but her script to summon rats never triggers...I again think SCS II is to blame?

I'm more surprised by that one, as I thought I allowed for it. I'll chase.

@ 2)

The problem is (was in my case), that some of his goons storm the bridge and start killing De'Arnise soldiers. Naturally you wipe them out. After stepping off the bridge and when you can see Roenall, he starts his dialogue. Unfortunately the corresponding variable resets to zero during his speech, which results in the abovementioned problem.

CTRL+Y won't help, because he wears a minhp ring. A quick and dirty fix (for future runthroughs) would be to edit his scriptblock which initiates dialogue and erase See([PC]) from it (script to edit is kproen01.bcs). Another option would be to manually set the required variable (b#roen) to the desired value (6 for the reinforcements, 16 for him to become vulnerable) by using CLUAConsole.

10th

@ 2)

The problem is (was in my case), that some of his goons storm the bridge and start killing De'Arnise soldiers. Naturally you wipe them out. After stepping off the bridge and when you can see Roenall, he starts his dialogue. Unfortunately the corresponding variable resets to zero during his speech, which results in the abovementioned problem.

CTRL+Y won't help, because he wears a minhp ring. A quick and dirty fix (for future runthroughs) would be to edit his scriptblock which initiates dialogue and erase See([PC]) from it (script to edit is kproen01.bcs). Another option would be to manually set the required variable (b#roen) to the desired value (6 for the reinforcements, 16 for him to become vulnerable) by using CLUAConsole.

10th

That sounds like an original "Improved Battles" bug. I'll take a look at that one and see if something needs changing in Revised Battles.

@DavidW

Hmm, you know, I have Improved Battle's tougher Elder Brain installed too. IIRC, he was unkillable until some golems were destroyed too, in the original battles mod...I have postponed the ilithid lair for now, but is there a chance that it would be affected and become unkillable too? That would really make me stucked, though I guess I can always use CLUAconsole to teleport out as a last resort...aah, the price of loving so many mods at the same time!

EDIT:Defeated Elder Brain without problems, but that was the most difficult battle I had up to now. Adamantite Golems kept spawning and there even was an Alhoon there! Plus Elder Brain was untouchable by melee attacks, and kept detonating my party in to oblivion:had to reload once when my PC was literally chunked! We had to lower its resistance and resort to fire/heaven wands to knock its HPs off (even then, it fully healed itself once) but ultimately, my wild mage finished it off dramatically with Rhialto's Random Missiles spells. (wild mage additions, coolest spell mod ever!) That was fun! Is the alhoon added by SCS II, I can not remember its presence in a former Improved Battles game, though maybe it's because only now it managed to give me quite a headache thanks to improved SCS II script? (kudos on that as well)

@10thlich

Err, I would rather not touch or change any complex scripts or such, I have a feeling I would cause more trouble than good. I have already passed the battle and lost the keep though.

@erebusant

I don't know if it is original IB bug, Roenall bug has never happened before, in my non-SCS II games.

EDIT:Defeated Elder Brain without problems, but that was the most difficult battle I had up to now. Adamantite Golems kept spawning and there even was an Alhoon there! Plus Elder Brain was untouchable by melee attacks, and kept detonating my party in to oblivion:had to reload once when my PC was literally chunked! We had to lower its resistance and resort to fire/heaven wands to knock its HPs off (even then, it fully healed itself once) but ultimately, my wild mage finished it off dramatically with Rhialto's Random Missiles spells. (wild mage additions, coolest spell mod ever!) That was fun! Is the alhoon added by SCS II, I can not remember its presence in a former Improved Battles game, though maybe it's because only now it managed to give me quite a headache thanks to improved SCS II script? (kudos on that as well)

Revised Battles adds the Alhoons (yes, plural if your difficulty is set high enough... :laugh: ) however those scripts will only be installed if SCSII is installed after Revised Battles.

Revised Battles adds the Alhoons (yes, plural if your difficulty is set high enough... ) however those scripts will only be installed if SCSII is installed after Revised Battles.

And that's what I have exactly done. I am glad to see two mods merging together seamlessly.

The alhoon in the sewers was particularly tough too, killing Immy with a Wail of the Banshee. (ofcourse it payed dearly for that later) I am impressed!

Archived