bug with dynaheir's quest

lac

I'm playing BG Tutu and went to the gnoll stronghold to rescue dynaheir. She mentions that she

is looking for her journal. But the note I received says that I just met Drizzt and maybe we

shall meet again .... this is clearly the wrong note .

Need any more information?

Laura

I went and talked to Drizzt, after we killed a lot of gnolls. Kivan had a long

chat with him. Ajantis recognized him. Dynaheir was in the party but nothing

about her quest was mentioned. Drizzt was curious about the bandits, and

said we might meet again some time ....

I received no new notes for my quest, and clearly this is where the note I got

when I met Dynaheir belongs

The wrong journal entry is a known issue, an update is currently prepared but this always takes a while (checking, testing, RL, and so on..)

Your party should meet Drizzt again now on some other map, from there the quest will continue (someone else with more knowledge please correct me).

The wrong journal entry is a known issue, an update is currently prepared but this always takes a while (checking, testing, RL, and so on..)

Your party should meet Drizzt again now on some other map, from there the quest will continue (someone else with more knowledge please correct me).

You're right, Jastey.

I've the same problem with the journal entry, but this is not a real problem for the quest.

lac, go on, you will meet Drizzt again elsewhere at the Sword Coast.

Greetings Leomar

You're right, Jastey.

I've the same problem with the journal entry, but this is not a real problem for the quest.

lac, go on, you will meet Drizzt again elsewhere at the Sword Coast.

Greetings Leomar

Hello, i got this problem, I met Drizzt in the wilds, he told me to meet him again in a day after the search for the lost pages, i found a Gnoll,killed him and retrieved the lost page. Then i wait for a day but Drizzt didn't show up, I searched the area but with no result...

sorry for my english :)

Anna

Sorry, I can't help you. I've met Drizzt in the wilds too, then the Good Gnolls. I've not fight against them and after 24 hours Drizzt shows up at the same place, where he spawned the first time. Perhaps someone else could help you.

Greetings Leomar

Confirmed: Journal repaired 11/22/2008, prerelease v17.

The other issues are user understanding/documentation checks; BG1NPC spawns an alternate Drizzt if the quest is triggered, and the cloned creature shows up on several other portions of the Sword Coast to continue the quest, but does not spawn or appear in the initial quest area. If you meet a Drizzt in the original area, it is FlySoup's mod.

After the quest is given, regardless of which of the two pathways meeting with Drizzt for the third and final time for BG1NPC, Drizzt will only respawn and approach the player in the expected areas:

/* All Conditions Except Party Alone, Reactivate Drizzt */
IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",5)
Global("X#DrzztReappears","GLOBAL",0)
Global("X#DrzztReappearsSpawn","GLOBAL",0)
Global("X#DyQuPartyAlone","GLOBAL",0)
GlobalTimerExpired("X#DztSearch","GLOBAL")
!Dead("drizzt")
OR(8)
AreaCheck("%RedCanyons%")
AreaCheck("%SouthBeregostRoad%")
AreaCheck("%ArchaeologicalSite%")
AreaCheck("%NorthNashkelRoad%")
AreaCheck("%BearRiver%")
AreaCheck("%XvartVillage%")
AreaCheck("%DryadFalls%")
AreaCheck("%FireLeafForest%")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#DrzztReappearsSpawn","GLOBAL",1)
SetGlobal("X#DrzztReappears","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreatureObjectOffset("X#DRIZZT",Player1,[100.100])
END

Archived