CLUA Console question

kiwidoc

I've got a problem trying to activate the CLUA Console. I've used both the "CHEATERSDOPROSPER" and "GETYOURCHEATON" codes but in both cases I get the "NICE TRY CHEATER" reply

I'm running IWD, HoW, ToTL with G3 IWD tweaks & IWD UFB mods as well as the IWD NPC mod from Pocket Plane. I've had no problems using the console with the combination of IWD, HoW and ToTL - so i guess it must be one of the mods.

I'm not sure which is causing the hassles, so I am asking at Pocket Plane as well as in both mod forums here.

I understand IWD without HoW had disabled the CLUA console. But it was restored with both the patch and the expansion.

Just to cover all bases...

Open the Icewind.ini file in Notepad, Wordpad or other text editor, find the [Game Options] section, and add the line:

Cheats=1

Save and exit the text editor.

When in the game, hit [CTRL]+[TAB] to open the console window.

For vanilla Icewind Dale, type the following:

CLUAConsole:CHEATERSDOPROSPER

For Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster, type the following:

CLUAConsole:GETYOURCHEATON

The lines above must be entered exactly as shown.

None of the mods you list alter the game's .exe file, so if this doesn't clear it up, I really don't know what else to do.

None of the mods you list alter the game's .exe file, so if this doesn't clear it up, I really don't know what else to do.
As I said in the other thread, the most probable cause is the Xp->Vista Operation System change.

By the way, you should have said that you also used the Icewind Dale NPCs and whatelse...

Hurray I found the problem!! I needed to put it into debug mode as well as cheat mode. All thanks to Kulyuk for the advice.

Here's the answer, in case anyone else needs it.

SOLUTION (from Kulyok)

Check your .ini file - check that both Cheats and Debug Mode options are on. It's Debug Mode=1 in Program Options, and Cheats=1 in Game Options.

Hurray I found the problem!! I needed to put it into debug mode as well as cheat mode. All thanks to Kulyuk for the advice.

Here's the answer, in case anyone else needs it.

SOLUTION (from Kulyok)

Check your .ini file - check that both Cheats and Debug Mode options are on. It's Debug Mode=1 in Program Options, and Cheats=1 in Game Options.

I have all three version (basic, HoW, TotLM) installed on my machine. All I need is "Cheats=1" in the [Game Options] section of the icewind.ini file. I just checked this.

I do need to correct my previous post, however. CLUAConsole is for the BG games only. It's CHEATERSDOPROSPER (basic) or GETYOURCHEATON (HoW, TotLM) followed by the console command... :)

I have the Baldur's Gate 4-in-1 pack. After a full install, the tweakpack and BGT and adding the Cheats=1 to the .ini file i tried to access the console. It doesn't appear. If i press Alt+Tab, all clickable objects light up an my party's hp are displayed. Can anybody help with this?

I have the Baldur's Gate 4-in-1 pack. After a full install, the tweakpack and BGT and adding the Cheats=1 to the .ini file i tried to access the console. It doesn't appear. If i press Alt+Tab, all clickable objects light up an my party's hp are displayed. Can anybody help with this?
If you have Vista(or perhaps W7, this is yet to be confirmed) as your OS, do not install the game into the default Program Files sub-directory, as if you do, your baldur.ini's edit's won't be taken into account if you start the game normally.

Check the IESDP for instructions on how to use the BG2 console. The different IE games all have slightly different ways of accessing the console, so the IWD instructions in this thread won't really help you.

Archived