So How Long After doing drizzit does it take

LadyRolePlay

Okay, I have Big World Project installed, it has drizzit saga and this mod installed.

I know there is a conflict with the two, went to the BGI npc project and fixed the global as per the readme, and proceeded on with Drizzit.

I have wandered up and down the west part of the Sword Coast and still no Drizzit appears anywhere. I have been in every area, except to the North, and am coming upon time to finish out Cloakwood.

Maybe I am not being patient enough? I got no conversation from it, cept he's IWD bound, nothing about meeting later, but from what I can tell this is normal, especially with drizzit saga installed.

I am wondering if this messed up even with the change in the global. If so would it be possible to clua in the two items needed so I can just go on with the quest, my guy is romancing Dyahnier, and it'd be fun.

I also have a save right before we meet Drizzit and would be willing to replay that also, but I need some suggestions and what to do.

Researching it here on the boards, I guess when one talks to her upon rescuing her, that global should be set to one, but on all three of my characters that is set on two. But then, I have set the other global to three as per the read me.

I don't care about going back to the save where I meet Drizzit, or using the console to get the two plot items.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks so very much

Drizzit.
Sorry, but there is no such a character in the game... there is Drizzt, but that's without the I between the double Z and the T. :D

Now, as I have said in another one of these threads, is it 5 or what you have already made, about this mysterious Drizzit char :) , you'll get the (Saga)Drizzt in the Ulgoth's Beard if you talk to him in the Wilderness Lake map like it was in the original game, so he leaves for the Icewind Dale, so that's in the far future... after you have killed Sarevok, as I said in the same thread. :)

Now that's besides the fact that the Drizzts coming back has absolutly nothing to do with the BG1NPC Project. :)

Drizzit.
Sorry, but there is no such a character in the game... there is Drizzt, but that's without the I between the double Z and the T. :D

Now, as I have said in another one of these threads, is it 5 or what you have already made, about this mysterious Drizzit char :) , you'll get the (Saga)Drizzt in the Ulgoth's Beard if you talk to him in the Wilderness Lake map like it was in the original game, so he leaves for the Icewind Dale, so that's in the far future... after you have killed Sarevok, as I said in the same thread. :)

Now that's besides the fact that the Drizzts coming back has absolutly nothing to do with the BG1NPC Project. :)

Drizzit.

For Dyanheir's quest in the BG1 NPC project, she has a lost journal, after one meets Drizzt the first time in the wilderness, one is supposed to meet him soon, on the south west sword coast and some stuff happens with him, where he helps you and dyan find her journal. There is a known conflict with this and drizzt saga, I entered the global given in the read me, and he's not showing for dyan's journal quest. Yes I DO understand that for the saga he'll show later for that one. But the guys here after the drizzt encounter in the wilderness made another drizzt spawn elsewhere so as not to conflict with other mods.

Hence I am asking them how long it takes for the other spawn or what the global values might be. For example the DYQJOURNAL global from what I can gather on these boards doing research SHOULD BE set at 1 but doing a GetGlobal, mine is set at two, so I THINK something is off, hence asking the folks here.

Go to their readme.. I THINK this is all supposed to happen before Tales of the Sword Coast and Ulgroth's Beard kick in, then again I could be wrong.

I will look this afternoon, but if you have not had Drizzt appear and talk about a scrap of paper, then you are right, something is holding up the works. The initial meeting is set (and you have probably fixed this from the older thread) but doublecheck - you set

Global("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",1)

right?

There is no timer, and now runs directly from Dynaheir's script.

The code that is run is something along the lines of

/* Drizzt finds the party and initiates Dynaheir's Quest */
IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("X#DQDrizztSpawn","GLOBAL",0)
!Dead("drizzt")
!AreaCheck("%FishermansLake%")
OR(8)
AreaCheck("%RedCanyons%")
AreaCheck("%SouthBeregostRoad%")
AreaCheck("%ArchaeologicalSite%")
AreaCheck("%NorthNashkelRoad%")
AreaCheck("%BearRiver%")
AreaCheck("%XvartVillage%")
AreaCheck("%DryadFalls%")
AreaCheck("%FireLeafForest%")
InParty(Myself)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
InMyArea(Player1)
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#DQDrizztSpawn","GLOBAL",1)
SetGlobal("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",2)
END

so to test this is not messed up, go to any of the following areas on the Sword Coast

Red Canyons

South Beregost Road

Archaeological Site

North Nashkel Road

Bear River

Xvart Village

Dryad Falls

FireLeaf Forest

and check on the status of

X#DQDrizztSpawn

X#DynaJournal

and if you have NI or DLCEPT open up the save and see if Drizzt is not dead.

if X#DQDrizztSpawn comes up as 1, he spawned and then something messed it all up - if it is 0, then the block has not run yet.

I'll be back this afternoon after looking at code when I get home :)

I will look this afternoon, but if you have not had Drizzt appear and talk about a scrap of paper, then you are right, something is holding up the works. The initial meeting is set (and you have probably fixed this from the older thread) but doublecheck - you set

right?

IF %BGT_VAR%
!Dead("drizzt")
OR(8)
AreaCheck("%BearRiver%")
InParty(Myself)
InMyArea(Player1)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
THEN
RESPONSE #100
END

so to test this is not messed up, go to any of the following areas on the Sword Coast

Red Canyons

South Beregost Road

Archaeological Site

North Nashkel Road

Bear River

Xvart Village

Dryad Falls

FireLeaf Forest

X#DQDrizztSpawn

X#DynaJournal

if X#DQDrizztSpawn comes up as 1, he spawned and then something messed it all up - if it is 0, then the block has not run yet.

TY so very much, this is the information I need. And yes that global you first mentioned, was still set to two in my game, which is what lead me to believe that the quest was still messed up, as per that old thread. Drizzt should not be dead LOL....at least not by my hand. I Have to go into work now, but I will do this this evening. You are a wonder and deep thanks.

I am pretty sure, that for what ever reason, that first Global is not setting to one, on any of the characters I have run this on, and I am pretty confident once I change that the rest will follow. That should have been set when I first get Dyna right? Because a check on it shows it at two before and after the encounter with drizzt, the number never changes

Confirming:

in Drizzt's original dialog,

I_C_T ~%tutu_var%DRIZZT~ 10 X#DynaheirQuestAvailable
== ~%tutu_var%DRIZZT~ IF ~Global("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN @0 DO ~SetGlobal("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",1) AddJournalEntry(@225,QUEST)~
END

is the only pathway that sets the quest active, and it can be blocked by the Drizzt mod. Setting X#DynaJournal to 1 will allow the quest to be activated.

This is picked up by Dynaheir's script, as above, so the block fires. In a classic case of overprotectiveness, that opens the spawning block,

IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("X#DQDrizztSpawn","GLOBAL",1)
InParty(Myself)
InMyArea(Player1)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#DQDrizztSpawn","GLOBAL",2)
SetGlobal("X#DQDrizztStart","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreatureObjectOffset("X#DRIZZT",Player1,[100.100])
END

which then triggers the dialog

IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("X#DQDrizztStart","GLOBAL",1)
Global("X#DQDrizztApproaches","GLOBAL",0)
InParty(Myself)
InMyArea(Player1)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#DQDrizztApproaches","GLOBAL",1)
ActionOverride("x#drizzt",Dialogue(Player1))
END

Checking through the entire dialog, v16 (and 17internalbeta) has no other block setting X#DynaJournal to two. Perhaps you set it via console?

Also, check carefully - the "meet dynaheir and say hello" addition we did uses a similar global. It uses X#DYQJournalTalk.

It might be an upgrade problem, too, if you were using an old v15 savegame; we changed the triggers in v16 to make sure everything had unique identifier globals for troubleshooting. You can check to see if Drizzt spawned and somehow things didn't work by checking X#DQDrizztSpawn (should be at 2 after he spawns) and X#DQDrizztStart (should be at 1 when he exists and was trying to get to the party).

Let me know how it turns out, please :)

right?

IF %BGT_VAR%
!Dead("drizzt")
OR(8)
AreaCheck("%BearRiver%")
InParty(Myself)
InMyArea(Player1)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
THEN
RESPONSE #100
END

Red Canyons

South Beregost Road

Archaeological Site

North Nashkel Road

Bear River

Xvart Village

Dryad Falls

FireLeaf Forest

X#DQDrizztSpawn

X#DynaJournal

*Bows to CMorgan* I salute you!

First decided to do the simplest fix, and changed the first global, and it worked like a charm.

I don't know why that global doesn't set to one. I know I have three pc's, this one romancing dyna and one with Edwin and her in the same party. The two that have her and have met and accepted her quest, that global stays set at two for some reason. The one hasn't met her is also two, but is supposed to be :).

I also did the fix in the readme that Hoppy had pointed out to me, another saint IMHO :)

I'm playing Big World, and in this version the download is v 1.6. Always hard to say whether there is a personal glitch or what ever, but for those, where the first fix in the read me doesn't seem to work, perhaps you could suggest this also in the read me? Especially if they have drizzt and this mod installed.

All I want to say is a heart felt thanks. I like this lady, and she's in two of my parties.

Confirming:

in Drizzt's original dialog,

I_C_T ~%tutu_var%DRIZZT~ 10 X#DynaheirQuestAvailable
== ~%tutu_var%DRIZZT~ IF ~Global("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN @0 DO ~SetGlobal("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",1) AddJournalEntry(@225,QUEST)~
END

is the only pathway that sets the quest active, and it can be blocked by the Drizzt mod. Setting X#DynaJournal to 1 will allow the quest to be activated.

This is picked up by Dynaheir's script, as above, so the block fires. In a classic case of overprotectiveness, that opens the spawning block,

IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("X#DQDrizztSpawn","GLOBAL",1)
InParty(Myself)
InMyArea(Player1)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#DQDrizztSpawn","GLOBAL",2)
SetGlobal("X#DQDrizztStart","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreatureObjectOffset("X#DRIZZT",Player1,[100.100])
END

which then triggers the dialog

IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("X#DQDrizztStart","GLOBAL",1)
Global("X#DQDrizztApproaches","GLOBAL",0)
InParty(Myself)
InMyArea(Player1)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#DQDrizztApproaches","GLOBAL",1)
ActionOverride("x#drizzt",Dialogue(Player1))
END

Checking through the entire dialog, v16 (and 17internalbeta) has no other block setting X#DynaJournal to two. Perhaps you set it via console?

Also, check carefully - the "meet dynaheir and say hello" addition we did uses a similar global. It uses X#DYQJournalTalk.

It might be an upgrade problem, too, if you were using an old v15 savegame; we changed the triggers in v16 to make sure everything had unique identifier globals for troubleshooting. You can check to see if Drizzt spawned and somehow things didn't work by checking X#DQDrizztSpawn (should be at 2 after he spawns) and X#DQDrizztStart (should be at 1 when he exists and was trying to get to the party).

Let me know how it turns out, please :)

See above thread CMorgan! Been a long hard day at work, and I put the reply in the above thread. In short it works, it was cause the journal global is not setting to one on the two characters I have that have her. Thank you so very much for listening and responding!

It should work right after the Global("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",1) is set from Drizzt's dialog. But with Drizzy saga And BG1 NPC, that global will be lost in the abyss and must use a CLUA command to set. I just fixed the compatibility issue my own way in my game to let Drizzt have his original dialog scheme and go into the BG1NPC stuff and bypassing the Drizzt Saga JoinParty also in the same dialog. Then he will leave but I have the FlySoup Drizzt Saga CRE spawn later after Dyna's quest. This fix I cannot share publicly.

Also @LRP,

Are you sure that Drizzt shows up after Sarevok? There may be conflicting ideas or an update that I do not know about. I only see this from the Drizzt Saga readme:

Story

Drizzt is on his way back to Icewind Dale from an errand in the Sword Coast, what he doesn't know is that dark times are upon the Dale and his companions will lead him and you into an adventure of epic proportions.

Where to meet Drizzt

You meet Drizzt at his original area fighting some Gnolls. In the same area you will encounter Regis muttering something about a dark ranger. After joining Drizzt head back to Regis and the Drizzt Saga begins.

Can someone clarify this for me please? :)

@cmorgan,

Does it matter that some of these area names are named differently in a BGT install with the Worldmap 6>?

to to test this is not messed up, go to any of the following areas on the Sword Coast

Red Canyons

South Beregost Road

Archaeological Site

North Nashkel Road

Bear River

Xvart Village

Dryad Falls

FireLeaf Forest

South Beregost Road, Bear River, North Nashkel Road and Fireleaf Forest are named differently in Worldmap. The others are identical. Not a big deal, just wondering how that works as I keep forgetting to bring it up.

Cheers!

@LadyRolePlay - crossposting :) Glad it worked for you. I'll keep an eye out for reports of odd global settings.

Hoppy: It should work fine on both BGT and WMP and [/Easy]Tutu.

What happens is the variables for %RedCanyon% get turned into FW#### for Tutu, and AR#### for Not-Tutu. The name that counts is the one seen by the game scripts, not the name seen by the player.

It should work right after the Global("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",1) is set from Drizzt's dialog. But with Drizzy saga And BG1 NPC, that global will be lost in the abyss and must use a CLUA command to set. I just fixed the compatibility issue my own way in my game to let Drizzt have his original dialog scheme and go into the BG1NPC stuff and bypassing the Drizzt Saga JoinParty also in the same dialog. Then he will leave but I have the FlySoup Drizzt Saga CRE spawn later after Dyna's quest. This fix I cannot share publicly.

Also @LRP,

Are you sure that Drizzt shows up after Sarevok? There may be conflicting ideas or an update that I do not know about. I only see this from the Drizzt Saga readme:

Story

Drizzt is on his way back to Icewind Dale from an errand in the Sword Coast, what he doesn't know is that dark times are upon the Dale and his companions will lead him and you into an adventure of epic proportions.

Where to meet Drizzt

You meet Drizzt at his original area fighting some Gnolls. In the same area you will encounter Regis muttering something about a dark ranger. After joining Drizzt head back to Regis and the Drizzt Saga begins.

Can someone clarify this for me please? :)

I have not gotten to Savok yet Hoppy, but my male character is getting close. That is why I wanted to settle out how to fix the dyna journal quest, so I could go on. I am going to focus on him and getting to then end of BG 1, shelve the other two for now. If I run into that, I be posting, or I will let you know either way :)

The deal with Regis is this. He is in the docks area of the Wilderness area. When drizzt just kept taking off, I decided to try something to 'get the mod to work', not knowing he will show up in Urgoth. Instead of talking to Drizzt, I kept him in my party, and walked over to Regis, thinking surely he'd talk to me after Regis did? Well Regis bumps in talking to Drizzt, says there's trouble, and ports drizzt and the entire party to Nine Hells. Then Wulfgar shows up immediately. IF you turn and talk to drizzt, at any time in Nine Hells, he leaves saying he has to get back to IWD :) and Wulfgar goes with him, you and whatever is left of your party are standing there in Nine Hells and left to get through it on your own. Needless to say when your party is a lvl four or five and there are four of you, it ain't gonna happen.

The work around is just don't talk to Regis with drizzt in your party I suppose....I have no idea why in the world it is set up so that can happen. I think the origonal mod, from what I have researched on it, is set up to do that, where your party follows along in very much a secondary support role. I had no idea the mod had been changed so he shows up later. But I assumed you could talk to him, and one cannot or he leaves. Jarno's post was the first I heard that drizzt shows up later instead. Was this a change to the mod? IF so they probably need to take Regis somewhere else or fix it so he doesn't port you to Nine Hells? I guess that's your question right? Does Drizzt indeed, show up in Ulgroth's beard, I have no way to know yet, but I soon will. Regis is still out on the docks in my current game, and if drizzt is there, I guess that would be how we get to Nine Hells. I'll let you know either way

@cmorgan,

Does it matter that some of these area names are named differently in a BGT install with the Worldmap 6>?

to to test this is not messed up, go to any of the following areas on the Sword Coast

Red Canyons

South Beregost Road

Archaeological Site

North Nashkel Road

Bear River

Xvart Village

Dryad Falls

FireLeaf Forest

South Beregost Road, Bear River, North Nashkel Road and Fireleaf Forest are named differently in Worldmap. The others are identical. Not a big deal, just wondering how that works as I keep forgetting to bring it up.

Cheers!

I clicked the first of the areas, one at random, Red Canyon and he showed up right away. I took the we'll look with you, I rested cause it was dark, and the good gnolls showed right up, talked to me, and I rested again there, drizzt showed up without a problem. I got a save from there if you want me to try the other areas. Let me know and I'll give it a quick run. But the BG1 NPC drizzt showed up just fine. I went on to play the game and ported to another area and the other fellow in the dyna quest showed up with no problem. I really confident this mod at least will now play out. And I am close to getting to Bauldur's gate, and I'll let you know if drizzt shows up at the end of the game.

Archived