My First Post!

Gibberer

Gibberer: I didn't mean to confuse you, but if you write "BG1 NPC project, BG1 Romantic Encounters and a musical download" I take it you are referring to a separate mod called "BG1 Romantic Encounters" (in reference to Romantic Encounters, which is for BGII), which for BG1 doesn't exist.

BG1NPC Project is one mod, and it contains the NPC-banters, NPC-PC dialogues, NPC related quests for most NPCs, and romances for Dynaheir, Branwen, Shar-Teel, Coran, Xan and Ajantis. To play BG1NPC Project, you need a BGII-engine conversion, as it is not compatible on the original (vanilla) BG1.

The BG1NPC music pack indeed is a separate mod.

Hope it makes sense.

Well, here is EasyTuTu, here is BG1NPC and here we have the BG1NPC Music Pack (download link).

I would also check out BG2 Tweaks as it works for TuTu, as it uses the same engine, and Level One NPCs for NPC customization.

For a bit more immersion, Hard Times is a good mod, and Sword Coast Strategems for a collection of tweaks and more intelligent AI.

Aaaand, finally, it should be installed like this:

<Games>

<Patches>

<TuTu>

BG1NPC Project

BG1NPC Music

Hard Times

SCS

BG2 Tweaks

And that should get you a fun, stable install. Feel free to remove mods (SCS if you are a first time player) and install only what you see fit. :p

Have fun!

Icen

Ahhh, careful detailed instruction for the typical five year old game player...or me. Just what I needed.:p

I'll try it tonight, Icendoan, and let you know how it turned out!*

*Disclaimer: While smart money is on my being unable to do it properly even with detailed instructions and a map this won't stop me from coming back to cry for more help. :p

Naaah, it is WeiDU, it is easy. I'm sure you can do it right!

And I could have patronized you more, like "Click on Setup-BG1NPC.exe and press "i" or "n" depending on what you want. See, isn't that difficult after all..." :p

Icen

Ah, right.

The download isn't the issue. Basically, what we want to know is if you, at installation time of the games, chose to pick 'Custom' install and check every box.

If you don't know what we are talking about, I suggest you use this Guide written by BioWare for BG2, but just replace BG2 with BG1and add an extra disc, converting the guide should be straighforward.

Having a full install has more benefits than just TuTu, it increases loading speed, and allows you to play with one disc.

It is recommended you also use a full installation of BG2.

Icen

You can use your savegames of a BGII install in another BGII install. If the first one wasn't modded, they can be used safely without problems (even if the new install includes mods). If the first install where the savegames were made contained mods, the new install has to have the same mods in the same order, otherwise you'll encounter dialogue and text mix-up in the game.

Tutu-savegames are not useable from install to install, since due to the creation of the Tutugame the old saves will always show the text-mix-ups (people having descriptions of items as names and so on).

So, before new installation of BGII and BG1, save the folder with the savegames (named "save", or "multisave" for the multiplayer games) to some other place, also the mod-folders and their setup.exes and setup.tp2 (if it is in the main BGII-folder), then deinstall the game and delete the folder. After the new installation, you can shove the folder "save" into the main BGII-folder to be able to use those savegames again.

For the mods, make sure the backup folders of every mod is empty before trying to install it the first time. Otherwise, the modinstaller will detect the old backups and thinks it's a reinstall, leaving mixed-up files upon "uninstallation".

Hope this makes sense.

No, it will happen. I will go over what Jastey said. :)

You can continue your BG2 Game with a new BG2 game if your install (from which the saves were made) was unmodded.

If you use a save from a modded BG2, all new strings (text, in the game) default to string #1, which is something like "Haer-Dalis...".

Basically, what you need to do if you install is unmodded:

Uninstall the games.

Copy saves to a safe location

Delete all the game fies

Install the games fully!

Install any expansion packs

PATCH THE GAME!

Install TuTu

Install Mods

Place saves in the "save" and "mpsave" folders

Play!

If your install is modded, the above, but you need to start a new game. :)

If you don't want to reinstall, use that guide I posted to change your install to a full install, which can also be done for BG1.

Icen

Archived