install order

lac

I have spent the last 8 hours reading, reading, reading the BiG World v5.5.1 beta, english.pdf installation guide. It doesn't mention Item Restrictions.

So my current plan is to do the following:

a) install the main component of IR really, really, really early. As in install SoA, patch it,

install the bg2 fixpack, install item_revisions. Before Spell revisions, even.

then install all the rest of IR considerably later.

after SCS II. Only D0T Tweaks, Miloch's coloured containers, a bunch of kits, and level1NPCs would come after it in my install. RR, Refinements, and a bunch of NPCs would come before.

And I am not going to install 1PP at all this time, assuming that all I need, including

flaming swords you will already have. A question remains about Xan's sword. There is an option to load the flaming sword animations when you load Xan, and I think I can skip this as it already is there as part of the core components. Am I correct in this?

I just wanted to check this with you. I'm unhappy with installing IR this early, given

that I would really like to be able to apply Hot Fixes (hint hint) but I really cannot see

how I can manage to install the core later.

Am I thinking about this properly?

Laura

I have spent the last 8 hours reading, reading, reading the BiG World v5.5.1 beta, english.pdf installation guide. It doesn't mention Item Restrictions.
That's because it's too new mod, it hasn't been tested yet, with all the other mods... and as the mod is not even v2 yet, it's hard to really even test it, and say for sure.

lac,

if you manage to post me all the mods you would install I can try to sort out the install order for you. Anyway, in my last game IR and SR were flawlessly installed after all mods (including RR, Refinements, NPCs, ...) and followed only by SCS II.

That being said IR V2 shouldn't be too far...unfortunately quite a few things have delayed it, but tomorrow is the key day in which I should do most of the work. I do hope nothing will prevent it. :)

So my current plan is to do the following:

a) install the main component of IR really, really, really early. As in install SoA, patch it, install the bg2 fixpack, install item_revisions. Before Spell revisions, even.

then install all the rest of IR considerably later.

after SCS II. Only D0T Tweaks, Miloch's coloured containers, a bunch of kits, and level1NPCs would come after it in my install. RR, Refinements, and a bunch of NPCs would come before.

That sounds okay.

And I am not going to install 1PP at all this time, assuming that all I need, including flaming swords you will already have. A question remains about Xan's sword. There is an option to load the flaming sword animations when you load Xan, and I think I can skip this as it already is there as part of the core components. Am I correct in this?

Yes.

I just wanted to check this with you. I'm unhappy with installing IR this early, given that I would really like to be able to apply Hot Fixes (hint hint) but I really cannot see how I can manage to install the core later.

I'm not sure if I understand what you're getting at here. You would like to be able to reinstall IR when upcoming hotfixes are released? :) If so, I don't think I'll be of much help here - I generally don't mess with installs after I've started a game.

I'm not sure if I understand what you're getting at here. You would like to be able to reinstall IR when upcoming hotfixes are released? :) If so, I don't think I'll be of much help here - I generally don't mess with installs after I've started a game.

If I am working on something, I like to install it last, or as close to last as I can get.

Then I can just uninstall all the mods after it in reverse order, install the new version,

and reinstall the mods that came after it. But in this case, it looks hopeless to me.

IR's core components have to come first.

Thus if it turns out I need a hot fix, I am going to be better off to revert to a clean install, and then install everything from scratch all over. Which is a long a boring process. But I do not see any good way around it.

Laura

If I am working on something, I like to install it last, or as close to last as I can get.

Then I can just uninstall all the mods after it in reverse order, install the new version,

and reinstall the mods that came after it. But in this case, it looks hopeless to me.

IR's core components have to come first.

Thus if it turns out I need a hot fix, I am going to be better off to revert to a clean install, and then install everything from scratch all over. Which is a long a boring process. But I do not see any good way around it.

Laura

Generally speaking, you're right. Depending on what you deem 'critical', I might be able to make separate minimods to fix critical errors to be installed on top of everything like Icen mentioned, but of the current hotfixes, the only one likely to have received this kind of treatment would have been 'Druids Can't Wear Helmets'. It's a bit harder to patch things up afterwards than alter the installation files.

Archived