Wow.

Icendoan

Yeah, seems like a nice mod, that makes far more sense than the current settings!

I like the backstabbing in particular. To think, my Mage can cast Invisibility and backstab a Goblin!

Question Time:

Does this patch or overwrite?

Is it compatible with Item Revisions?

This seems like too easily exploitable, to become immune to all types of damage easily. It would take this and Hardiness to make you invincible. Have you got around this? If so, how?

Icen

:);)

And could we have an example of the armors... to the read me.

And could the "Stealth, thieving and casting in heavy armor is possible, but difficult." -thing be made optional, or at least give options to it... such as casting in armor not causing spell failure rate but slowing the casting down.

Congratulations erik - this looks really nice!

With regards to IR compatibility, it seems that a lot of effort has been put towards making this compatible, and I am very grateful for that. Specifically, aside from IR's Heavy Armor Encumbrance and Thieving Skills in Armor components (which Full Plate's readme mentions as incompatible) and our mutually exclusive multiple items of protection tweaks, I think everything else should work just fine.

'Grats again, and I look forward to trying this out. :)

Yeah, seems like a nice mod, that makes far more sense than the current settings!

I like the backstabbing in particular. To think, my Mage can cast Invisibility and backstab a Goblin!

Thanks. Whee, forum works!

Does this patch or overwrite?

Patch.

Is it compatible with Item Revisions?

Yup.

This seems like too easily exploitable, to become immune to all types of damage easily. It would take this and Hardiness to make you invincible. Have you got around this? If so, how?

Resistance to physical stuff is limited to 90% total for each kind, including any current spell effects etc. So you'll never be totally invincible. Playthroughs needed to tell whether my limiting is foolproof, though.

And could the "Stealth, thieving and casting in heavy armor is possible, but difficult." -thing be made optional, or at least give options to it... such as casting in armor not causing spell failure rate but slowing the casting down.

Casting in heavy armour checks whether you have any other casting in heavy armour tweaks installed already, and skips itself if so. So you can use one of Item Revisions' versions if you want.

Thieving etc. is a bit more of a pain to make optional, but I might.

Sounds nice, and I appreciate every mod for BG2. A question, though: Would you say that this mod overall makes the game easier or harder or would you say that even though the game experience changes, the difficulty doesn't?

Guest Guest_erik_*

Harder at low levels (Tutu/early IWD), since you don't have much of a hit point pool to draw on and ACs will generally be worse. SoA I think is about as difficult as it used to be, ToB I don't really know yet since I've never played it all that much.

Archived