Magic resistance in spells' description

Ardanis

Really sorry about the real life issues, Demi... :D

Sorry if we sound rude sometimes.

I am sure it's noone's intention, especially considering how much we all appreciate your work for us.

Said that, as I mentioned before, perhaps the real best is just to include in the spell description a reference only when a spell bypasses magic resistance (which should be a rather rare occasion).

If you instead go for having it listed in the spell properties, I think both your suggested solutions are good (I like the first one better though).

Peace&Love to you, pal... :D

Yes, I should be more apologetics, and so I would ask for forgiveness for thousands of things, but it's not for me to ask...

Now, what comes to the "you really need" -things, :D they are just suggestions, but they come from thinking that "If you are going to make something, why not make it great." -arrogance, mine. :angry:

Sometimes the arrogance comes from the unspoken, as at least I can't write everything that pops to my head. :D Other times it comes from wanting good things but not understanding the circumstances. Peace&Love. Yeah, right.

Which one would you prefer between the suggested ones? "Bypasses Magic Resistance: x" or "Blocked by MR: x"?
"Bypasses", because it would just be given to those spells that are not effected by the Magic Resistance. Of course... that might be as good, "Not effected by the Magic Resistance", but then it would say that the effect actually is per spell effect... and sometimes it is(Magic Missile)... *the little mind becomes confused*... "Help."... but not always. *Opening an editor helped the Imp a little.*

Is it Magic Resistance, Magic resistance or magic resistance? :D Erh, it doesn't matter, as I ran out of smilies.

Level: x

Components: ...

Casting Time: ...

Range: ...

Target or Area: ...

Duration: ...

Saving Throw: ...

Spell Resistance: Yes/No

That's exactly what I was thinking about.

Other than that "Bypasses Magic Resistance: x" seems fine as well.

2Demi:

Hint - if I were you and got a bad mood I'd just leave modding be for a while and torrent some new series to watch. Imo it's not good forcing yourself, we're all mature people and understand if you have troubles and need a break. Good luck anyway :D

2Demi:

Hint - if I were you and got a bad mood I'd just leave modding be for a while and torrent some new series to watch. Imo it's not good forcing yourself, we're all mature people and understand if you have troubles and need a break. Good luck anyway :D

yea, all of us support the modders of such an awesome series, and it's not like it's going away anytime soon, take your time, chill and do whatever.

Just so you know your work is appreciated even though not all of us care to comment always - i know i'm one who normally does not, but felt compelled to do so here!

As I mentioned before, perhaps the real best is just to include in the spell description a reference only when a spell bypasses magic resistance (which should be a rather rare occasion).
Yeah, on a second thought (and Mike convinced me very quickly :D ) I prefer this solution. I've slightly adjusted all the respective descriptions to make it more "visible" and "standardized". Spells which bypass magic resistance will have the following line at the end of their descriptions: The target's magic resistance, if any, does not affect this spell.

With the work I've done I may opt for this solution in a matter of minutes, but considering very few spells bypass magic resistance, and that I'm not sure harmless/friendly spell are well described by "Bypasses Magic Resistance: Yes" I think the other solution is better.

Yes, I think it's better and more logical to assume that a spell is affected by magic resistance unless otherwise stated.

And I've seen a few of Jarno Mikkola's posts that sound quite rude, but I think that's just because his English isn't too great. I'm sure he's quite harmless.

Archived