Maretha not showing up

Shaitan

If Andarthe is just standing there, try setting

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#JaheiraQuestAAttack","GLOBAL",1)

and see what happens. If it breaks, I think it might be the BGT resrefs mismatch Guest_Guest_* pointed out (I have notes saying BGWOLFDR.CRE is a valid BGT resource, but it looks like it really isn't...

if Andarthe is already toast, go into the TreeFort 1st level, and

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#AndSurrender","GLOBAL",8)

and see if she spawns.

Worst comes to worst, just CLUA her in directly, inside of the 1st level of the TreeFort,

CreateCreature("X#MARETH",[369.273],3)

and talk to her - she should be able to resolve (or at least give us a hint as to what is blocking the works up :p )

Lollorian and Nedrah, thanks for your reports and that you found this thread. :p

cmorgan, I've seen in the readme, that you fixed this problem with v17 and I think all is fine with that. The both gamers use the v16 and therefore they have the problems. I advise them here to ask about it, because I don't know about it before. Thanks.

Greetings Leomar

Guest Nedrah

Unfortunately those first two cluaconsole strings did nothing. The createcreature one resulted in an error message "last token read"[" at line 1 in file (dostring) +some more stuff I didn't feel like typing out :p

Looks like I'm basically boned then, right? Will this result in other things breaking further down the line? Any way to get the v17 fix into my game?

That last one i bet i messed up - I don't think CLUAConsole lets you specify the location - my bad :p

Try

CreateCreature("X#MARETH")

when you are in that bottom treehouse area and see what happens.

On a big install, I wouldn't replace bg1npc - unless you are starting a new game.

I think we can ficx this using NI, if you have it and are willing to learn how to use it. Can you open up Jaheira's BGT script that uses BG content (BGJHEIRA.BCS) in NI?

Guest temujin_
If it breaks, I think it might be the BGT resrefs mismatch Guest_Guest_* pointed out (I have notes saying BGWOLFDR.CRE is a valid BGT resource, but it looks like it really isn't...

"Guest_Guest_*" who else could that be, Mr. Morgan? :p doesn't the forum software show the ip?

anyway, as mentioned before, all i get in my install is bgwolf.cre, wolfdr.cre, wolfdr01.cre, and a whole bunch of wolf*.cre... but no bgwolfdr. perhaps other bgt players can confirm if bgwolfdr.cre exists in their game.

If anyone can test on EasyTutu and/or BGT on v17, it would be very appreciated - we need a check of what happens when someone goes

Jaheira in party:

- talked to Seniyad and started the quest > entered treehouse > left Jaheira and rest of the party downstairs > talked to Amarande > "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS"

- treehouse > killed Amarande > Beador > (Beador killed) > back to treehouse area > Andarthe's dialog keeps looping as soon as you enter the area (he initiates the "Who dares to intrude..." dialog all the way across the map over and over) > killed Andarthe > entered treehouse, Maretha spawns

- treehouse > killed Amarande > Beador > (Beador alive) > back to treehouse area > Andarthe still starts dialog from the other end of the map but does it only once > killed Andarthe > entered treehouse, Maretha spawns

- the other two options to leave Amarande alive are not possible unless Faldorn is also in the party or Jaheira is kicked out.

Jaheira + Faldorn in party:

- same "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS" message if everyone except the pc is left downstairs

- treehouse > Amarande left alive > Beador > (Beador alive) but Faldorn turns hostile (didn't give her a convincing response apparently) > back to treehouse area > killed Andarthe > entered treehouse > Maratha spawns > went upstairs > talked to Amarande and get another "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS"

- treehouse > decided to kill Amarande after the conversation > why doesn't Faldorn turn hostile or make any comment?

anyway, it seems Maretha always spawns as long as Jaheira is in the party AND in the same area (AR8401). she wouldn't spawn even if Jaheira was standing just outside the treehouse. i'll try the spoiler path later and report if anything unusual happens.

Hey, thank you!

Sorry if it was you, man - I'll update that report with your id. I don't look at ip's unless there's a problem - in general, I figure if someone want's to be anonymous, they get to do that.

Thank you very much for the detailed reporting. Looks like we still have a big loophole in that quest. We can't loosen up the condition on Jaheira being in the area, because Maretha's whole point of existing is to talk to her... but perhaps we can make the quest materials more clear so fiolks don't think that is a bug.

Plus, we need an "always true but at the bottom" dialog state if we are not doing that Escape Area() call on Amarande, and, as you say, a decent response from Faldorn if the party attacks and kills him.

(I wonder what she'd do - help kill him, then attack the party to try to take his place, or run off and regroup hurling curses at them?)

Looks like we need an extra line that says something like "I won't talk unless your party is present". If a PC sneaks up to kill him, then wanders back down to the party, I guess that would be fine (a good roleplay) even if it breaks all the quest stuff.

Guest Nedrah

Hey,

I think I'll need a bit of help using NI. I got the latest beta, however it asks me for an infinity keyfile at startup - what should I select? I assume afterwards it'll just be opening the file you mentioned - what then?

Just in case, this is a copy of NI that I think Taimon has worked on as well as devSin. Its "about" says it is v1.33 beta 19, but this one has some additional edits, I think.

Extract it to your desktop, and dump the .rar file, leaving a file called "NearInfinity.jar".

You can run it as administrator or not; works fine without admin priviledges under my Vistax64 side as well as XP boot.

It will ask you for the location of you .key file, which is the file named "chitin.key" found in whatever i.e. game you are running (for me, the current location is e:\TUTU_TEST\easytutu\chitin.key)

You can also get this by opening NI and tagging on the menu option "open game", second down on the far left menu option marked "game".

This should bring you a list of the full directory structure of the game install folder, and access to everything in the game.

Before you go any further, get rid of the possibility of accidentally working with vanilla (unchanged) files instead of existing override (changed) files. Under the menu option "Options", uncheck any of the boxes already checked, just to make sure you start with a clean slate. Now check the 2 boxes at the bottom of the upper half of the menu, "autocheck BCS" and "Autocheck for Overrides". Options on the lower half of the menu are up to you, but there are two you need to check to make sure that we are both on the same view and you don't get confused -

"Show ResourceRefs As" = Filename (name)

"Show Override Files" = In ? ? ? folders (SPL, CRE, etc.)

Now go back to the main menu, and look for the folder named

BCS.

Scroll down until you see the file named BGJHEIRA.BCS, and open it up.

Guest temujin_

hmm... it seems the reason Maretha doesn't show up is likely an incompatibility issue with SCS (DS + Smarter Priests). i was trying the quest with just BGT + BG1NPC at the time, and it worked with minor (barely noticeable) hiccups. installing SCS on top makes Andarthe give a "has nothing to say to you" response instead of starting his usual "Who dares to intrude..." dialog - which means the quest variable doesn't get set, and therefore no Maretha.

also, it's kind of strange the way SCS alters how some creatures' dialogs are triggered.

for example, at the start the quest once you finish talking with Aldeth, Seniyad walks up to you and automatically starts the conversation on his own (this is pre-SCS). with SCS installed, he walks up to you and stands and waits for the PC to click on him to start the convo (but not always though; seems random, only when his path is blocked or something). not sure if altering the AI would create this side effect...

Hmmmm... Not sure what is going on here - but for crosscheck, on the EasyTutu side -

WeiDU.log EasyTutu

\// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 //  -> : 
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG2 Ammo Stacks: v18
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Totemic Druid Spirit Summons are Balanced: v18
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1 Summoning Spells: v18
~SETUP-BW_HERBS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Herbs and Potions Add-in (BG1 / BG1Tutu / BGT) v1.0.1 by Baronius
~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Changes to trueclass bards and thieves, and unmodded game kits (required for other components)
~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add new bardic store and thief items
~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Acrobat bard kit
~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Chorister bard kit
~SETUP-LOSTITEMS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Lost Items: vR2
~IIITEMMOD/SETUP-IIITEMMOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Items [version 5]
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Mini-Quests and Encounters Mod: 3
~SETUP-TGC1E.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight, BG1TUTU edition v1.10 -> Normal edition
~SIRINESCALL/SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Lure of the Sirine's Call: v8 pre 10
~BG1NPCMUSIC/BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install All Audio: v5
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location -> Alora Starts in the Hall of Wonders.: v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #19 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location -> Eldoth Starts in the Cloakwood Forest.: v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location -> Quayle Starts at the Nashkel Carnival.: v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #24 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location -> Tiax Starts in Beregost.: v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.: v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // The BG1 NPC Project: Make Shar-Teel Unkillable until In Party: v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #29 // The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One -> Open four Cloakwood areas (everything but the Mines): v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v17beta
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v17beta
~XANBG2VOICE/SETUP-XANBG2VOICE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan's BG2 voice for BG1, v2
~CORANBGFRIEND/CORANBGFRIEND.TP2~ #0 #0 // Coran's Extended BG Friendship Talks, v1, October 20, 2007: v2
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: v6 [+posted forum repairs]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial: v6 [+posted forum repairs]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter: v6 [+posted forum repairs]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward: v6 [+posted forum repairs]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home: v6 [+posted forum repairs]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v6 [+posted forum repairs]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v6 [+posted forum repairs]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: v6 [+posted forum repairs]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v6 [+posted forum repairs]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements: v6 [+posted forum repairs]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v6 [+posted forum repairs]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v6 [+posted forum repairs]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v6 [+posted forum repairs]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v6 [+posted forum repairs]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v6 [+posted forum repairs]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v6 [+posted forum repairs]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Area Corrections and Restorations: v6 [+posted forum repairs]
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin NPC for Tutu and BGT, 14April2008: v3.1
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Gavin: Romance (mature content): v3.1
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #2 // Gavin: Flirts (adult content): v3.1
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #3 // Gavin: Check for Tutu-Fix Walking Speeds: v3.1
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gavin: Alternate Portraits -> Original portrait by berelinde (default): v3.1
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #10 // Gavin: Player Initiated Dialogue: v3.1
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // One Pixel Productions: v2 Everything but Potions (1): v2.5
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #1 // One Pixel Productions: v2 New Potion Graphics (2): v2.5
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #2 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flaming Swords (3): v2.5
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #3 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords (4): v2.5
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #4 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords item patches (5): v2.5
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #5 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords mod item patches (6): v2.5
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #6 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Paperdolls (human, half-orc, elven, halfling) (7): v2.5
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #7 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Legacy Shields - Bucklers (D1) (8): v2.5
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #8 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Legacy Shields - Small Shields (D2) (9): v2.5
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #9 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Colourable Quarterstaves core (10): v2.5
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #10 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Colourable Quarterstaves mod patches [caution advised.] (11): v2.5
~PLASMOBG1BG2/PLASMOBG1BG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Plasmocat's BG1 NPC Portraits in BG2 Style: v2
~PLASMOBG1BG2/PLASMOBG1BG2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Plasmocat's BG1 Imoen Portraits -> Plasmocat's BG1 NPC Choices: Imoen #1, BG2 (ruffles): v2
~PLASMOBG1BG2/PLASMOBG1BG2.TP2~ #0 #3 // Plasmocat's BG1 Xzar Portraits -> Plasmocat's BG1 NPC Choices: Xzar #1, BG2 (red): v2
~PICKS_OF_THE_LITTER/PICKS_OF_THE_LITTER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Plasmocat's Picks of the Litter Portrait Pack: v2
~SETUP-ASHESOFEMBERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Unique weapons (bolas and katars)
~SETUP-ASHESOFEMBERS.TP2~ #0 #12 // New Armour (Scale, Banded, and Field Plate)
~SETUP-ASHESOFEMBERS.TP2~ #0 #13 // Sensible weapon restrictions for BG1Tutu
~SETUP-ASHESOFEMBERS.TP2~ #0 #14 // Sensible weapon restrictions for SoA (non-mod weapons)
~SETUP-ASHESOFEMBERS.TP2~ #0 #15 // Sensible weapon restrictions for ToB (non-mod weapons)
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Divine Remix Core Components (Required for Everything)
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cleric Remix
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #103 // Install Silverstar of Selune Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #109 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #112 // Install Painbearer of Ilmater Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #115 // Install Firewalker of Kossuth Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #118 // Install Authlim of Iyachtu Xvim Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Install Lorekeeper of Oghma Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #124 // Install Heartwarder of Sune Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #127 // Install Feywarden of Corellon Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #130 // Install Strifeleader of Cyric Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #200 // Druid Remix
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #203 // Install Oozemaster Druid kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #403 // Install Bowslinger Ranger Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #406 // Install Feralan Ranger Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #409 // Install Forest Runner Ranger Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #412 // Install Justifier Ranger Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #415 // Install Wilderness Runner Ranger Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #605 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v3.91
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v3.91
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Bard kit revisions: v3.91
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v3.91
~SETUP-ASHESOFEMBERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sensible weapon restrictions for MODS
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any other components): v1.1
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tweak weapon proficiencies for some classes (a la Ashes of Embers and aVENGER's Rogue Rebalancing?: v1.1
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Joinable NPCs more closely match the player character's experience?: v1.1
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1218 // Ajantis Ilvastarr: v1.1
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Branwen: v1.1
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1221 // Coran: v1.1
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1222 // Dynaheir: v1.1
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1204 // Edwin Odessiron: v1.1
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1206 // Imoen: v1.1
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1226 // Kagain: v1.1
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1207 // Jaheira: v1.1
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1227 // Khalid: v1.1
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1228 // Kivan: v1.1
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1215 // Viconia De'Vir: v1.1
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1235 // Xan: v1.1
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1237 // Yeslick Orothiar: v1.1
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1110 // Add Map Notes
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not fight or complain about reputation) -> NPCs can be angry about reputation but never leave (Salk)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at  Mid-Range Reputation
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3210 // Minimum Stats Cheat
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Correct various errors on race, class etc: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Make elemental arrows more like their BG2 counterparts: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Faster Bears: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Smarter general AI: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Better calls for help: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Potions for NPCs: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #150 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #160 // Smarter mages: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #180 // Smarter priests: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Smarter deployment: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #210 // Harder giant and phase spiders: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #220 // Dark Side-based kobold upgrade: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #230 // Smarter sirines and dryads: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #240 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #250 // Smarter basilisks: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #260 // Improved doppelgangers: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #270 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #280 // Relocated bounty hunters: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #290 // Improved Ulcaster: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #300 // Improved Balduran's Isle: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #310 // Improved Durlag's Tower: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #320 // Improved Demon Cultists: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #330 // Improved miscellaneous encounters: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #400 // Skip Candlekeep: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #410 // Remove blur effect from displacer cloak: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #420 // Stackable ankheg shells and winterwolf pelts: Unofficial Hotfix
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #440 // Ease-of-use player AI: Unofficial Hotfix
~CONTAIN/SETUP-CONTAIN.TP2~ #0 #10 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names: Beta 2
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #1 // Worldmap for Baldur's Gate v7.0 - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons -> New Worldmap for use with TuTu/EasyTutu...
~SETUP-TUTUGUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurs Gate I GUI for Tutu
~SETUP-TUTUGUIFONT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurs Gate fonts for TutuGUI
// Recently Uninstalled: ~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ #0 #0 // generalized biffing

Checking in NI, X#ANDART.CRE has BEAST_FRIEND - 18 resolvd as the kit, has no class, race, or general script, and uses override script of XANDART.BCS

IF
Global("X#JaheiraHealsB","GLOBAL",5)
Detect([PC])
InMyArea("jaheira")
!StateCheck("jaheira",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
InMyArea(Player1)
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("X#JaheiraHealsB","GLOBAL",6)
END

IF
Global("X#JaheiraHealsB","GLOBAL",6)
InMyArea("jaheira")
InMyArea(Player1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	StartDialogueNoSet([PC])
END

IF
Global("X#JQBeadorDead","GLOBAL",2)
Detect([PC])
InMyArea("jaheira")
InMyArea(Player1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("X#JQBeadorDead","GLOBAL",3)
END

IF
Global("X#JQBeadorDead","GLOBAL",3)
InMyArea("jaheira")
InMyArea(Player1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

IF
Global("X#JaheiraQuestAAttack","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("X#JaheiraQuestAAttack","GLOBAL",2)
	ActionOverride("jadruid8a",Enemy())
	ActionOverride("takiyah",Enemy())
	JumpToPoint([874.2175])
	FaceObject(Player1)
	CreateCreature("_WOLFDR",[-1.-1],0) // Dread Wolf
	CreateCreature("_WOLFDR",[-1.-1],0) // Dread Wolf
	Enemy()
END

IF
GlobalGT("X#ASL","LOCALS",0)
HPPercentLT(Myself,50)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("X#ASL","LOCALS",0)
	Spell(Myself,3122)
END

IF
HasItem("X#ANSPER",Myself) // Flaming Spear +1
HPPercentLT(Myself,50)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	DropItem("X#ANSPER",[-1.-1]) // Flaming Spear +1
END

IF
Global("X#AndSurrender","GLOBAL",0)
HPPercentLT(Myself,50)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("X#AndSurrender","GLOBAL",1)
	ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,NEUTRAL)
	StartDialogueNoSet([PC])
END

IF
HaveSpell(CLERIC_HEAL)
!GlobalTimerNotExpired("X#ACA","LOCALS")
HPPercentLT(Myself,70)
!StateCheck(Myself,STATE_SILENCED)
!CheckStatGT(Myself,75,SPELLFAILUREPRIEST)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobalTimer("X#ACA","LOCALS",ONE_ROUND)
	Spell(Myself,CLERIC_HEAL)
END

IF
StateCheck(Myself,STATE_POISONED)
HasItem("_POTN20",Myself) // Antidote
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	UseItem("_POTN20",Myself) // Antidote
END

IF
StateCheck(Myself,STATE_POISONED)
HaveSpell(CLERIC_SLOW_POISON)
!HasItem("_POTN20",Myself) // Antidote
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(Myself,CLERIC_SLOW_POISON)
END

IF
HaveSpell(CLERIC_CURE_SERIOUS_WOUNDS)
HPPercentLT(Myself,80)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(Myself,CLERIC_CURE_SERIOUS_WOUNDS)
END

IF
HaveSpell(CLERIC_CURE_MEDIUM_WOUNDS)
HPPercentLT(Myself,85)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(Myself,CLERIC_CURE_MEDIUM_WOUNDS)
END

IF
HaveSpell(CLERIC_CURE_LIGHT_WOUNDS)
HPPercentLT(Myself,90)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(Myself,CLERIC_CURE_LIGHT_WOUNDS)
END

IF
!Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	NoAction()
END

IF
Detect([GOODCUTOFF])
HaveSpell(CLERIC_INVISIBILITY_PURGE)
!See(LastSeenBy(Myself))
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(Myself,CLERIC_INVISIBILITY_PURGE)
END

IF
!GlobalGT("X#ASF","LOCALS",0)
HasItem("X#ANSPER",Myself) // Flaming Spear +1
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	UseItem("X#ANSPER",Myself) // Flaming Spear +1
	SetGlobal("X#ASF","LOCALS",1)
END

IF
!See([GOODCUTOFF.0.0.FIGHTER_DRUID])
!See([GOODCUTOFF.0.0.DRUID_ALL])
!See([GOODCUTOFF.0.0.MAGE_ALL])
!See([GOODCUTOFF.0.0.CLERIC_ALL])
!See([GOODCUTOFF.0.0.BARD_ALL])
!See([GOODCUTOFF])
False()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Continue()
END

IF
HaveSpell(CLERIC_DISPEL_MAGIC)
!StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_SLEEPING)
!StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_HELPLESS)
!HasBounceEffects(LastSeenBy(Myself))
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_DISPEL_MAGIC)
END

IF
HaveSpell(CLERIC_INSECT_PLAGUE)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_INSECT_PLAGUE)
END

IF
HaveSpell(CLERIC_BARKSKIN)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(Myself,CLERIC_BARKSKIN)
END

IF
HaveSpell(WIZARD_WEB)
!CheckStatGT(Myself,75,SPELLFAILUREMAGE)
!Range(LastSeenBy(Myself),15)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),WIZARD_WEB)
END

IF
HaveSpell(CLERIC_RESIST_FIRE)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(Myself,CLERIC_RESIST_FIRE)
END

IF
HaveSpell(CLERIC_MISCAST_MAGIC)
CheckStatLT(LastSeenBy(Myself),80,SPELLFAILUREMAGE)
CheckStatLT(LastSeenBy(Myself),80,SPELLFAILUREPRIEST)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_MISCAST_MAGIC)
END

IF
HasItem("_POTN21",Myself) // Potion of Clarity
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	UseItem("_POTN21",Myself) // Potion of Clarity
END

IF
HaveSpell(CLERIC_CONJURE_FIRE_ELEMENTAL)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_CONJURE_FIRE_ELEMENTAL)
END

IF
HaveSpell(CLERIC_CHARM_PERSON)
!StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_CHARMED)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_CHARM_PERSON)
END

IF
HaveSpell(CLERIC_POISON)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_POISON)
END

IF
HaveSpell(WIZARD_CHROMATIC_ORB)
!CheckStatGT(Myself,75,SPELLFAILUREMAGE)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),WIZARD_CHROMATIC_ORB)
END

IF
HaveSpell(CLERIC_ANIMAL_SUMMONING_1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_ANIMAL_SUMMONING_1)
END

IF
HaveSpell(CLERIC_ENTANGLE)
!Range(LastSeenBy(Myself),15)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_ENTANGLE)
END

IF
HaveSpell(CLERIC_CLOAK_OF_FEAR)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(Myself,CLERIC_CLOAK_OF_FEAR)
END

IF
HaveSpell(CLERIC_SUMMON_INSECTS)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_SUMMON_INSECTS)
END

IF
HaveSpell(CLERIC_CAUSE_CRITICAL_WOUNDS)
AttackedBy([ANYONE],DEFAULT)
Range(LastAttackerOf(Myself),6)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_CAUSE_CRITICAL_WOUNDS)
	Attack(LastSeenBy(Myself))
END

IF
HaveSpell(CLERIC_FLAME_BLADE)
Range(LastAttackerOf(Myself),6)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(Myself,CLERIC_FLAME_BLADE)
END

IF
!GlobalGT("X#ASL","LOCALS",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("X#ASL","LOCALS",1)
	Spell(Myself,4634)
END

IF
HaveSpell(SALAMANDER_BREATHE_FIREBALL)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),SALAMANDER_BREATHE_FIREBALL)
END

IF
GlobalTimerNotExpired("X#ACA","LOCALS")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	AttackOneRound(LastSeenBy(Myself))
END

IF
THEN
RESPONSE #100
END

IF
AttackedBy([GOODCUTOFF],DEFAULT)
!Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Enemy()
END

IF
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Attack(LastAttackerOf(Myself))
END

the call to bring Andarthe over to the party is set on blocks 1 and 3, resolved in 2 and 4. I will check this versus an install without SCS and try to detect any differences - I will see about a crosscheck between the BGT version +/- SCS, too. I will aim for a test Monday am (spring break coming up).

I'll take a look at the Seniyad, thing, too. He uses the default WTASIGHT, and his script (unlike Andarthe's ) gets heavily modified by SCS. But his interaction is right at the very top -

IF

See([PC])

NumTimesTalkedTo(0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Wait(3)

Dialogue([PC])

END

is the second block.

I wonder what is happening to make this randomly fail?

Guest temujin_
Checking in NI, X#ANDART.CRE has BEAST_FRIEND - 18 resolvd as the kit, has no class, race, or general script, and uses override script of XANDART.BCS

i have the same, but that's only with BGT and BG1NPC installed. installing SCS sets his kit to "Unknown - 306184192". maybe it's because you're using an old version, and something major must've been changed in the Detectable Spells of the recent version.

if you take a look at scs/priest/priest.tph, David manually tries to reassign Amarande's and Andarthe's kit back to avenger (but a typo is preventing that; the correct number should be 0x2000 instead of 0x1240). there's another file in SCS (scs/priest/scripts/x#andart.baf) in SCS that's slightly different from the one in BG1NPC (bg1npc/phase2/baf/x#andart.baf). i guess either SCS overwrites the changes made by BG1NPC, or it's some intrinsic bug in SSL.

the call to bring Andarthe over to the party is set on blocks 1 and 3, resolved in 2 and 4.

in my case, the interaction blocks relating to the Jaheira quest are all the way at the bottom (even then they're still not identical to the one you quoted). the AI stuff seems to have priority (probably because of an EXTEND_TOP). but anyway, i don't want to confuse you or play guessing games, so you might want to look at those two files - priest.tph and x#andart.baf - in SCS (in the recent version). you'll obviously have a better idea.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.07

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v17

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v17

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Detectable Spells: v12

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5043 // Smarter priests -> Priests use spells from BG1 and BG2; priests pre-buff: v12

there's also another bug (unrelated to SCS) regarding the quest given by Izefia. he gives you the reward once you clear out the cave, but talking to him one more time resets his dialog and he delivers the same "Faldorn travels with you..." line that starts the quest.

@ Izzy - cool catch - got it. He is supposed to do an EscapeArea(), I assume, when the quest is finished - noted for addition to v18.

I'll take a look at the newest SCS. With your level of detail in analyzing and reporting, we should all be able to come up with a fix pretty quickly :blush:

Hello,

I have the same problem here. Andarthe is just standing outside doing nothing.

I tried SetGlobal("X#JaheiraSen","GLOBAL",20) but it doesn´t seem to work. What is the right Clua command? Thanks in advance.

Moon

Guest Major Jack

Same Bug, rescued the guy in the Wyvern area, talked to him, went back...

Andarthe didn't have anything to say, however the talk with almande (or whatever the guy on the top floor of the druid tower is called) worked just fine...

Maretha did not show up, when I spawned her by creature code, she had nothing to say.

Folks, I am just not able to replicate this on my EasyTutu install, v16 or v17. I tried this weekend. Nedrah, are you using BGT? Perhaps it is a mismatch I didn't catch between BGT and Tutu resources. It seems to be intermittent; and part of the scripting apparently calls for nonexistent wolves to be created, too.

I am going to try to run this through as soon as I can on my own install.

If anyone can test on EasyTutu and/or BGT on v17, it would be very appreciated - we need a check of what happens when someone goes

Jaheira in party:

Treefort > (kill Archdruid there) > Beador > (Beador Killed) > Back to Treehouse area for second Archdruid > Kill second Archdruid > Enter Treefort and Maretha spawns

Treefort > (kill Archdruid there) > Beador > (Beador alive) > Back to Treehouse area for second Archdruid > Kill second Archdruid > Enter Treefort and Maretha spawns

Treefort > (Archdruid there left alive) > Beador > (Beador Killed) > Back to Treehouse area for second Archdruid > Kill second Archdruid > Enter Treefort and Maretha spawns > upstairs to 1st Archdruid.

Treefort > (Archdruid there left alive) > Beador > (Beador alive) > Back to Treehouse area for second Archdruid > Kill second Archdruid > Enter Treefort and Maretha spawns > upstairs to 1st Archdruid.

The same pattern with Jaheira and Faldorn both in the party, with two variables: returning to the Treefort after Cloakwood Mines are cleared for Faldorn's reward, vs returning to the Treefort

Spoilers, of course:

"optimal run" from a reward standpoint rather than a roleplaying standpoint , getting Jahiera's reward from Seniyad, Andarthe's dropped Shadow Druid Flaming Spear, and Faldorn's reward from Amarande for clearing the Mines is Jaheira + Kahlid + Faldorn in party, PC *not* a druid self-identified through dialog as a Shadow Druid (ony allowed if PC is a druid - short-circuits quest), talking with the 1st ArchDruid, going on to second map, meeting Beador (saving him), going back to first map, clobbering Andarthe to within a few HP of death triggering a surrender (where he drops the spear), Reentering the treefort 1st level and rescuing Maretha, back to Seiyad for reward, going on to clear the Mines, and coming back to the Treefort top level to confront Amarande one last time for Faldorn's reward (then either killing him or leaving him standing there with [hopefully] "nothing to say".

It looks like I may get some time over spring break, so I expect if folks help out, I can get a v18 with any tested fixes set up by the end of March. I can also run out a patch very quickly.

Just ran through Jaheira's Quest using BGT & Coaster's_Beta v17. Amarande still alive and Faldorn in party. Everything worked fine except upon return to find Andarthe he didn't dialog. Force talking got no response. I manually set Global("X#JaheiraHealsB","GLOBAL") to 6, and Andarthe's bcs block did not fire causing him to intitiate dialog with [PC] automatically, however the PC could initiate dialog with him and initiate the battle. No helpers were spawned by Andarthe, and no surrender dialog, but Maretha spawned properly, and Amarande still wants us to go on to the mines before talking any further. One typo I came across - Amarande in upper level of Treehouse, but Faldorn says "Hear me Amaranthe!"....

Archived