Jansen/Keldorn/Valygar

DrAzTiK

No one find their equipment a bit too much powerfull ? :)

I think especially about :

- gantelets and glasses of Jan who give him more or less +5 thief level O_o, immunity to critical hits and an invisibility spell.

- Keldorn armor : Damn, very powerfull Imo. Free action seems a bit too much. ( paladin have already good saving trow)

- Valygar armor : his amor seems a bit too much powefull . no ? :)

- gantelets and glasses of Jan who give him more or less +5 thief level O_o, immunity to critical hits and an invisibility spell.

Yeah, but his stuff takes up a bunch of item slots, which I'm sure could be filled with better things. It's always been a nice trade-off, to my mind.

- Keldorn armor : Damn, very powerfull Imo. Free action seems a bit too much. ( paladin have already good saving trow)

I'm not sure if Item Revisions changes this armor... but in vanilla BG2, it's only a limited form of free action (immunity to web, IIRC). Though admittedly this is a bit boring. Definitely something to change.

- Valygar armor : his amor seems a bit too much powefull . no ? :)

This is true. Chainmail that a stalker can wear, with elemental resistance on top? Combined with how much his sword rocks... he puts everyone else to shame.

Judging from your posts you're not talking about their IR versions, as both Keldorn and Valygars armors in IR are not the ones you're describing.

If you want to know how they look like in the current version you should look in the Item Index topic, more precisely here.

I'm obviously open to any suggestion about them, as even their current version may be far from being perfect, and I'm not satisfied by some unchanged items too (e.g. Nalia and Edwin equipment).

No one find their equipment a bit too much powerful in the vanilla?
Kinda, but not too much and I like the changes made by Demivrgvs, but...
Corthala Family Armor +3

Usable By:

Valygar

Notes: I've replaced elemental resistances with non-detection. Should I change the look and the colors of this armor to reflect that it's actually a mithral chain mail and not a leather armor?

You should actually make it a Studded Leather armor. And make it wearable by Stalker&Wizard Slayer...

Alright, well to get back on the rails...

Notes: I've replaced elemental resistances with non-detection. Should I change the look and the colors of this armor to reflect that it's actually a mithral chain mail and not a leather armor?

It's not mithral chain. It's Valygar's ultra-unique-and-mithralish-but-certainly-not-elvish family armor. It's nifty purely for this uniqueness factor, and for the fact that it doesn't follow convention. It's also not studded leather. It's just special, okay? Leave it alone.

And yeah, the Retribution effect of Keldorn's armor is plenty by itself. There doesn't need to be any magic damage resistance. And I could have sworn it added a bonus to saves in vanilla... Is that still in there? Save bonuses + Retribution = plenty.

Jan's stuff is cool, and just fine the way it is.

[...] remain usable by "Valygar"

It can't remain something that it never was...

If you want to know how they look like in the current version you should look in the Item Index topic, more precisely here.

Corthala Family Armor +3

Equipped Abilities:

Non-Detection

Immunity to charm effects

Armor Class: 2

Usable By:

Valygar

..I don't get it? :)

..I don't get it? :)

It's not Valygar-only armor. It's anybody-who-has-Valygarlike-stats armor. Subtle difference. There's no field in the character file, no opcode, no anything like that, that will make it Valygar-only armor... So stat and class restrictions are used to fake the notion that only Valygar can wear the stuff. This is true of the vanilla game... and as far as my meager mind can tell, IR uses the same system.

Interesting, did not know that!

Oh, and as quid pro quo for your little tidbit I suggest that you might want to change "ero" in your sig to ergo :) And also, "Quod erat demonstrandum" doesn't really mean what you've translated it to mean... It's just good old Q.E.D - used, inter alia, for mathematical proof. Possibly you would want to use quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur, roughly "whatever you say in Latin sounds clever". :)

EDIT: I knew that one day I'd have good use for my faiblesse of latin during law studies :)

Oh, and as quid pro quo for your little tidbit I suggest that you might want to change "ero" in your sig to ergo :) And also, "Quod erat demonstrandum" doesn't really mean what you've translated it to mean... It's just good old Q.E.D - used, inter alia, for mathematical proof. Possibly you would want to use quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur, roughly "whatever you say in Latin sounds clever". :)

The translation is meant as a joke; it's always amused me that Latin means nothing more than English ever has, but somehow packs a little more clout... it implies a level of sophistication that isn't necessarily present, and tends to end arguments. You don't even have to use it properly and it still makes you look clever to anyone who doesn't speak the blasted language.

But, yes, "ero" would be a typo. Thanking you profusely I am.

Despite what that rude imp says, I'd rather Valygar's armor remain usable by "Valygar", as some people use Level One NPCs to change his class.
Well it would stay usable by "Valygar"... and that's why I and presumably jon-eli put the three dot's there. :)

By the way, is there any chance of making this(NPC items) optional separated component? Just thinking of my Mega-mod, and the Level 1 NPCs...

[...] and that's why I and presumably jon-eli put the three dot's

Not at all... I just insert them randomly to confuse people. Failing to make sense is my forte.

And I believe that everything should be a separate component. Even IR itself should be an optional component:

Would you like to install any of the many optional IR components? (y/n)

: y

Are you absolutely sure? The entire mod is optional. Don't think for a second that you're being pressured into installing it. What's your decision? (y/n)

The SETUP-ITEM_REV.TP2 mod has 7000 distinct optional components.

What should be done with all components that are NOT YET installed?

nstall them, kip them, [A]sk about each one?

: a

Install Component [Pink helmets for monks]?

nstall, [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

: n

Install Component [blue helmets for monks]?

[...]

Install Component [Orange-grey colored helmets for monks]?

Install Component [Yellow-brown colored helmets for monks]?

Firecam Full Plate

And yeah, the Retribution effect of Keldorn's armor is plenty by itself. There doesn't need to be any magic damage resistance. And I could have sworn it added a bonus to saves in vanilla... Is that still in there? Save bonuses + Retribution = plenty.
The save bonus isn't there anymore, and considering Keldorn already has a +2 bonus granted by his class I prefer to use a more unique effect for his suit. I think I'll reduce the Magic Damage Resistance to half.

Cothala Family Armor

Despite what that rude imp says, I'd rather Valygar's armor remain usable by "Valygar", as some people use Level One NPCs to change his class.
Well it would stay usable by "Valygar"... and that's why I and presumably jon-eli put the three dot's there. :)

By the way, is there any chance of making this(NPC items) optional separated component? Just thinking of my Mega-mod, and the Level 1 NPCs...

I can allow it to be usable by a Valygar turned into Wizard Slayer as it quite fits both the character and the armor very well. Anyway, I think Level 1 Npc mod handles items itself, patching items accordingly, am I wrong?

And I believe that everything should be a separate component. Even IR itself should be an optional component:
Would you like to install any of the many optional IR components? (y/n)

Are you absolutely sure? The entire mod is optional. Don't think for a second that you're being pressured into installing it. What's your decision? (y/n)

The SETUP-ITEM_REV.TP2 mod has 7000 distinct optional components.

What should be done with all components that are NOT YET installed?

nstall them, kip them, [A]sk about each one?

:)
Anyway, I think Level 1 Npc mod handles items itself, patching items accordingly, am I wrong?

The last time I looked at Nythrun's code, it gave me epilepsy. Nobody knows what her mod does.

/edit

Nobody. Unless her readme counts as someone:

Signature items are a little more complicated; in the case of, say, Haer'Dalis's Chaos and Entropy blades, he'll keep them, and the weapons themselves will be altered so that he can use them regardless of whatever class he is (Fighter/Mage? Fine, they're Fighter/Mage usable now. Cleric? Uh... okay, he can still use them, and he'll get his special bonus star in shortswords even though Clerics can't normally use this kind of weapon.)

Archived