Jansen/Keldorn/Valygar

DrAzTiK

I can allow it to be usable by a Valygar turned into Wizard Slayer as it quite fits both the character and the armor very well. Anyway, I think Level 1 Npc mod handles items itself, patching items accordingly, am I wrong?
Yeah, but the question comes, can it handle itself with patched items! So for example, and just for example, we make the Valygars weapon a Mace, give him the 1+1 extra star on Mace proffs etc. and install this with the main component, far before the Level 1 NPCs NPC components which go after the auto-.bat install... and then choose Valygars proficiencies to be with Flails and Shields.

Now as I think this, I wouldn't make an assumption that it actually can, so I requested this component, namely the NPC Items as a separated component so "it can be installed after the Level 1 NPCs", just like the "SCS Fiends Hot Fix: v2" goes/went after the SCSII.

Level 1 NPCs should and does appear to handle this properly as far as I can tell with our current changes. No additional components are needed.

If we decided to change Valygar into an amazing mace-wielder, then yeah, maybe the current system would require changing to account for his unusual proficiency point thing, but I don't think we're doing anything remotely like that. Likewise, if we adjusted a custom item so that it could be used by anyone, Level 1 NPCs wouldn't know about this and it would make the item only usable by the character again.

Anyway, I think Level 1 Npc mod handles items itself, patching items accordingly, am I wrong?

The last time I looked at Nythrun's code, it gave me epilepsy. Nobody knows what her mod does.

Speak for yourself. It's just massively long and complicated, it's not actually inexplicable.

And yes, it whacks items into shape to match their changed carrier. It should handle changed npc items just fine as well.

Speak for yourself. It's just massively long and complicated, it's not actually inexplicable.

On an objective level, "massively long and complicated" = "actually inexplicable."

I'm sorry, but if the context of the code you're reading scrolls miles off the page, if it's just one massive cascade of if-clauses that force you to maintain a mental push-down stack and individually pop something off the stack every time you hit an "END", then it's inexplicable. Nythrun wrote code in a language that wasn't designed for it, and anything you think you know about the code is just a guess. Period.

Regarding the Non-Detection part of Valygar's armor, how useful is it?
That depends, for a Stalker it can be pretty useful, especially if you're palying with AI enhancing mods where spellcasters tend to use Divination spells quite often preventing your stealth attacks.
I'm sorry, but if the context of the code you're reading scrolls miles off the page, if it's just one massive cascade of if-clauses that force you to maintain a mental push-down stack and individually pop something off the stack every time you hit an "END", then it's inexplicable. Nythrun wrote code in a language that wasn't designed for it, and anything you think you know about the code is just a guess. Period.

Nah. Color-code it as C in an editor, and it actually is pretty much readable. :) And about a third of it (four, five thousand lines) is handing out equipment based on class/level/strength - tedious code that could be reworked as a set of tables to good effect.

But this is massively off-topic, so I'll leave it.

Archived