TuTu Mods

CoM_Solaufein

AFAIK for BG1, just alter any deprecated scripting and change to BG2 resources.

BG2 mods for TuTu, as long as they don't alter specific BG2 content (like Irenicus or Bodhi) should be compatible anyway.

Then again, don't take just my word for it. This is all written hypothetically.

Icen

cmorgan has a tutorial called "Crossing the Great Divide" about cross-platform variables. It's very good. It makes my head spin, but that's just because it's very detailed, and therefore very easy to follow line-by-line. This enables you to write one mod that will work on both Tutu and BG1. It also explains the differences between the two when it comes to naming.

From a scripting point of view, it's a *lot* easier to convert from BG1 to BG Tutu. Essentially, if it worked in BG1, it will work in Tutu, as long as the resources are appropriately named. It isn't so easy to go from BG Tutu to BG1, since the BG2 engine allows things like OR() that the BG1 engine does not.

BG2 mods are going to work on Tutu, but you might want to check the "Crossing the Great Divide" thread for reference on the naming convetions, if you aren't all that familiar with them. Areas use FWxxxx, where xxxx is its BG1 area, e.g. Beregost is AR3300 in BG1, so in Tutu, it's FW3300. Creature dialogue files are usually, but not always, just the BG1 name with a _ in front of it. Coran's prejoining dialogue file is _coran.dlg. Ditto creature override scripts.

Since Tutu uses the BG2 engine, spawning creatures is *a lot* easier. You can do it via the area script.

If it's better for you to see this stuff working in a mod, the BG1 NPC Project, Ajantis' Friendship, BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters, and Gavin all use cross-platform variables.

Have a look at my tutorials "BG1 coding tutorial, for the BGII experienced" and "Zed Nocear's Trigger-Simulations for BG1, Enabling BGII engine features not available in BG1" to see the differences between the BG1 and the BGII engine.

You might not need the last one for making a BG1 mod BGII engine compatible, but I wrote both when making mods compatible for BG1 and Tutu/BGT. berelinde already listed the concerning mods: Ajantis BG1 Expansion and BGQE, although I learned they don't have the most efficient tp2-syntax. Maybe better have a look at BG1 UB.

Archived