%chance of spell casted at hit (FIXED)

yarpen

Ho there!

Currently I'm creating kit called Armiger, and got a little problem with one ability.

Counterattack: everytime someone hits Armiger, there's 10% +1%/level (max 30% at 20th level) chance that he will perform counterattack which inflict damage and stuns:

1st level: deals 1d4 non-lethal damage and stuns for 3 seconds (save vs. wands with +2 bonus negates)

10th level: deals 2d4 non-lethal damage and stuns for 1 round (save vs. wands negates)

20th level: deals 4d4 blunt damage and stuns for 3 rounds (save vs. wands with -2 penalty negates)

I've made one, base-spell which grants counterattack ability - with probability raised by 1% every level. Opcode "Spell effect: cast spell on condition" on hit. And it activates one from three simple spells damage/stun/sound.

And it doesn't work. :blush: Instead of, nearly everytime someone hits my character there's message that spell was failured. How can I fix it?

And also: when got this ability, I cannot also grant to this character additional ability which also works "on hit" but is usable once per day?

Thanks!

-Y

Yup, I've checked this spell - and also Keldorn's sword which have similiar effect. And only one difference is this 10% + 1%/lvl chance for effect occuring. Maybe I should give percent chance to counterattack effect - but that's a lot of work todo. Huh, I really don't know. :/

Within Y#ARM03.SPL (Defensive Stance) there's a Protection from Spell header used to make the character "immune" to Y#ARM04.SPL (Draining Defense). I think you should set its TargetType to 'TargetSelf(1)' instead of 'TargetPresetTarget(2). I've tried everything and this seems to be the small thing that makes the "You cannot use more than one Contingency spell at once" string not pop up anymore.

Let me know if it does work, else I try again to narrow it down, in one case or another I've locally removed the issue.

Hah, this removed the first message about You cannot use more than one Contingency spell at once". But there's still second one everytime my character gets struck - "One of spells was failed". hmm.

Yes! It's fixed - I've set Target parameter in the effects on Self (damages etc.) and it works! :rolleyes: Thanks for help, Demi :mwaha:

Guest MagicOPromotion

There is a 0 chance of being revealed by the spell if you have hiding/stealth.

Regardless if the caster has detect hiding, one of the many issues needed to be addressed.

94.142.128.140, please confirm you are a member and join up, sending me a pm - we have your ip currently listed as advertising/spam. We can unblock you if this is in error :)

( Guest_MagicOPromotion, Guest_CocoChanelle, etc. )

Archived