Amelia - Natan Issue

erebusant

A ran into a slight issue with Natan and Amelia. When Natan gives the powder the roses are not destroyed. Also, the 1st time into the dungeon, the party did not get the powder from Natan. I fixed it with the following .d:

ADD_TRANS_ACTION X#NATAN BEGIN 11 END BEGIN 0 END ~TakePartyItem("X#COFRRO")~
REPLACE_TRANS_ACTION X#NATAN BEGIN 11 END BEGIN 0 END ~GiveItem("X#CODYE1",Player1)~ ~GiveItemCreate("X#CODYE1",Player1,1,0,0)~

The only other things I noticed is in Amelia's initial dialogues she only mentions her "betrothed", but not his name. From there the party jumps to assuming his name of Natan. Regarding the roses, you get the gist of needing to restore them, but nothing in the dialog or the journal entry really directs you to Raschel at the temple of the Morning Lord. Other than that, it makes it worth taking Coran into your party just for the additional content.

Thank you!

in bg1npc_18_prerelease\phase2\dlg\x#cosqu.d

IF ~%BGT_VAR% Global("X#CoranSuccubus","GLOBAL",7)~ HelpedAmelia
SAY @16
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#CoranSuccubus","GLOBAL",11) DestroyItem("X#COFRRO") GiveItem("X#CODYE1",Player1)~ GOTO X#NAAmelia1
END

repaired to

SAY @16
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#CoranSuccubus","GLOBAL",11) TakePartyItem("X#COFRRO") DestroyItem("X#COFRRO") GiveItemCreate("X#CODYE1",Player1,1,0,0)~ GOTO X#NAAmelia1
END

For the eventual documentation,

<li> <a href="http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=17091&pid=146433&st=0entry146433">Erebusant's repairs to Coran's Rose Quest</a> </li>

Erebusant, do you think those

GiveItem("%tutu_var%POTN36",Player1) GiveItem("%tutu_var%POTN37",Player1) GiveItem("%tutu_var%POTN42",Player1) GiveItem("%tutu_var%POTN07",Player1) EscapeArea() AddexperienceParty(100)

materials should also be moved to GiveItemCreate? I am under the impression that GiveItem only works if the .cre in question has those items. I am not sure they do.

For updates to the .tra, I suggest changing the journal entry a little, but for that I would like to call on Domi, and let her adjust - then we can run it out to the translators.

Thank you!

in bg1npc_18_prerelease\phase2\dlg\x#cosqu.d

SAY @16
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#CoranSuccubus","GLOBAL",11) DestroyItem("X#COFRRO") GiveItem("X#CODYE1",Player1)~ GOTO X#NAAmelia1
END

repaired to

SAY @16
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#CoranSuccubus","GLOBAL",11) TakePartyItem("X#COFRRO") DestroyItem("X#COFRRO") GiveItemCreate("X#CODYE1",Player1,1,0,0)~ GOTO X#NAAmelia1
END

For the eventual documentation,

<li> <a href="http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=17091&pid=146433&st=0entry146433">Erebusant's repairs to Coran's Rose Quest</a> </li>

Erebusant, do you think those

GiveItem("%tutu_var%POTN36",Player1) GiveItem("%tutu_var%POTN37",Player1) GiveItem("%tutu_var%POTN42",Player1) GiveItem("%tutu_var%POTN07",Player1) EscapeArea() AddexperienceParty(100)

materials should also be moved to GiveItemCreate? I am under the impression that GiveItem only works if the .cre in question has those items. I am not sure they do.

For updates to the .tra, I suggest changing the journal entry a little, but for that I would like to call on Domi, and let her adjust - then we can run it out to the translators.

I just ran a test on Natan by deleting those potions and running through the sequence again, and the only potion he gave was the Potion of Master Thievery of which he had a duplicate. Probably the best course of action is to use GiveItemCreate whenever possible, and as long as the item exists in the game, you don't need to worry if the .cre has them or not. Should work fine even with unique items as well.

I'm really new to modding so if what I'm going to say is reeeeally stupid, disregard that. :blush:

If the GiveItem doesn't always fire reliably and GiveItemCreate makes it possible to see a duplicate of the item, what about using GiveItemCreate (to be sure the player gets the item) and immediately destroy via script the NPC's item? That way you bypass the unreliably CreateItem while being sure the player can't get two items.

Archived