Best Served Cold is Out!

Domi

Abercrombie (The First Law trilogy) is still hungry young author, so his first stand-alone novel is out! Can't wait till it's released in Canada, on August 1st. The reviews are pretty warm, it's a revenge novel (huh, you wouldn't have guessed!) and, boy, I hope our library gets it on time!!! I need a fix for one of my fav fantasy authors, and neither Martin, nor Lynch is anywhere near to completing their respective sequels....

Though, admittedly, I was completely astounded by getting Lindsey Davis latest Falco novel ahead of schedule! Now, that was a pleasent surprise!

I love it when there's an early release on something. :(

Also, for a moment, I was confused as I thought that you were referring to the clothing brand...I was about to jump in and talk about the new pair of pants I got.

They serve pants at requested temperatures now?

The book sounds like it might be iteresting, but oh, so many books, so little time. I'll stick this on my slate to add to the quadrillion other books I've not had the chance to read recently. :(

On another note, and something that may make either squeals of delight or dark mutterings, I thought I saw someone mentioning elsewhere that Martin's books were being looked at to be made into computer games. Little more info than that, but I thought it might be of interest.

Yeah, they talked about it for ages, ever since the box games were out. I don't want to play as one of the characters myself... if they could do something like Dunk and Egg stories, with the original char, in the world, in different time (ie what Bio did with the Star Wars...) I'd love that, I think :(

They serve pants at requested temperatures now?

Icy cold pants?? Oh gosh, that *can't* be comfy! :D

Anyway, thanks for the heads up, Domi! I just finished my last book, and didn't really know what to read next; so this one should do just great! :( Thanks a bunch!

And... enjoying the book tremendously. Call me silly, but ABercrombie hits the sweet spot for me with the tough female leads! Just the sort of gals I love to role-play! Cheesy? Maybe. But hells, they are kick-ass!!!

Archived