How do the new kits affect the stronghold quest?

Ieldra

Actually, I've never had a Priest stronghold because I've never played a Priest before. But how does playing, say, a Silverstar of Selune affect the Stronghold quest and the tasks you get after you have acquired it? BTW, having a temple at all seems somehow inappropriate for that particular faith, and if the tasks are alignment-based or based on the faith of Lathander, Helm or Talos, then probably none of them are appropriate either. So, how does it work?

They are decided by the alignment of your priest - some have a choice (e.g. a LG Cleric of Oghma or Ilmater can work for Helm or Lathander, and you choose which). :)

We've added new lines of dialogue so the temple staff realise you worship a particular deity, though the quests themselves proceed as before.

New strongholds for temples already in the game - Ilmater for example - are something we have thought about doing butnot yet implemented.

What do these strongholds do for you anyway?

Ilmater would be quite easy to implement as there are three IIRC in the game already. Just add a benefit to that temple and according dialogue. :)

Basically, once the assignments are completed, it just gives you a place to stash stuff and rest without having to go to an inn or find an outside area.

The alignment decides? Not good - that means if I have a CN Silverstar of Selune (this is the one I'd like to create) I get the Talos path. I don't know those tasks, but somehow this doesn't seem right.

The alignment decides? Not good - that means if I have a CN Silverstar of Selune (this is the one I'd like to create) I get the Talos path. I don't know those tasks, but somehow this doesn't seem right.

Talos's Destructive nature means CN, NE or CE, yes. :)

Bear in mind this is closer than Lathander, though, who is NG. So Lathander is alignment wise more of a stretch than Talos for a CN character. And Helm should be right out.

We should clarify--the alignment of your deity is the determinant. A CN Silverstar will only get an offer to help the Lathander temple, since Selune is a Chaotic Good deity. The reasoning behind this is that it's probably better not to piss off your deity than to do something that may be a bit of a personal stretch.

The exceptions are trueclass clerics (no deity) and worshippers of Oghma and Kossuth, as they allow clerics of any alignment. In these three cases, the alignments of the individual will determine the offer.

Since Lathander and Helm overlap at True Neutral and Lawful Good, in some situations the player will be allowed a choice between them, i.e. a Lawful Good Painbearer of Ilmater.

Archived