Newest hotfix

OneEyedPhoenix

Sorry, don't have it anymore. I reinstalled BWS without the hotfix (which worked perfectly).
You did know that the BWS uses it's own hot fixes to the mod, so it's probably just incompatibility between that and the real hot fix.
You did know that the BWS uses it's own hot fixes to the mod, so it's probably just incompatibility between that and the real hot fix.

Could well be. I'm just stating that replacing the relevant IRv2 files with the ones from the hotfix, before BWS started the installation procedure, made it impossible for the "Masterwork weapons" component to install.

I'm not having any trouble installing it here. Are you sure it was the masterwork component and not something else? That component hasn't had any modifications to it in any of the v2 hotfixes.

If someone can reproduce this, let me know (and post the actual error message), otherwise there's not much I can do.

I'm not having any trouble installing it here. Are you sure it was the masterwork component and not something else? That component hasn't had any modifications to it in any of the v2 hotfixes.

Positive. The first component (core) installed properly but the second component (masterwork) failed due to some parsing error.

Positive. The first component (core) installed properly but the second component (masterwork) failed due to some parsing error.

Okay, I've tracked it down. One of the patches in the Big World Fixpack is causing one of our library files to become malformed, and this component is the first one to use the file. If my understanding of the Fixpack is correct, you should just be able to open the BiG World Fixpack folder in your game directory before installing it and delete the folders of any mods that you've manually updated, and this will prevent the Fixpack from trying to install those fixes (which I'd recommend not just for IR, but for any mod that's been updated since the last version of the Fixpack came out).

That's particularly important for SR, since BWP tries to patch v3 as if it was v2.9, causing some patch errors and, I suppose, install errors. I know this is the IR forum but well. ???

Anyway, as Mike1072 said, it suffice to open the BWP fixpack folder and delete the folders spell_rev and item_rev - just be sure to apply fixes manually if needed!

Okay, I've tracked it down. One of the patches in the Big World Fixpack is causing one of our library files to become malformed, and this component is the first one to use the file. If my understanding of the Fixpack is correct, you should just be able to open the BiG World Fixpack folder in your game directory before installing it and delete the folders of any mods that you've manually updated, and this will prevent the Fixpack from trying to install those fixes (which I'd recommend not just for IR, but for any mod that's been updated since the last version of the Fixpack came out).

Nice call! ???

...which I'd recommend not just for IR, but for any mod that's been updated since the last version of the Fixpack came out
That's not recommended, but like kthxbye said, if you're prepared to manually fix it, go for it :p

The problem here is, the BWFixpack tries to fix bugs as well as making mods compatible ... so while mods like IR and SR get their bugs fixed (hence their folders can be deleted), quest/NPC mods like Amber get compatibilty fixes (and even though Amber was updated along with SR, it still needs those BWFixes to get along with the other mods ???)

Cheers,

Lol

...which I'd recommend not just for IR, but for any mod that's been updated since the last version of the Fixpack came out
That's not recommended, but like kthxbye said, if you're prepared to manually fix it, go for it ???
Erhm, actually if you go for the non supported(by BWS) mod version on BWS, you need to do that by default.
That's not recommended, but like kthxbye said, if you're prepared to manually fix it, go for it :p
Erhm, actually if you go for the non supported(by BWS) mod version on BWS, you need to do that by default.
I was referring to mods which have bugfixes AND compatibility fixes ... manually do the compatibility fixes ???

Cheers,

Lol

Mike1072, you told us in our BWP thread at SHS, that the hotfixes we use in the BW Fixpack are not correct at the moment. We use the hotfixes you posted here in this forum:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:: Item Revisions v2

:: Official hotfixes from 10 October 2009

:: Hotfixes http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=15698

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there something different between the hotfixes posted here and the ones in our BW Fixpack? Normally it should be the same or do you plan to update the hotfixes? I ask, because we want to release an updated BW Fixpack and need to know, what we must change. Idealy new hotfixes from you.

Greetings Leomar

Mike1072, you told us in our BWP thread at SHS, that the hotfixes we use in the BW Fixpack are not correct at the moment. We use the hotfixes you posted here in this forum:

Is there something different between the hotfixes posted here and the ones in our BW Fixpack? Normally it should be the same or do you plan to update the hotfixes? I ask, because we want to release an updated BW Fixpack and need to know, what we must change. Idealy new hotfixes from you.

Greetings Leomar

Ah, it looks like you already fixed this with the release of v8.1. Sorry about that. When I saw your message about the BW Fixpack not being updated but mentioned that it would (should) skip patches that shouldn't be applied, it reminded me of this thread.

Archived