Project Image

Duckfeet

I need the clone to be able to everything the original can do, including use potions etc. (It needs to be an exact copy of the creature - or as near as I can manage.)

As I've said elsewhere, if someone else does the detailed work to get Avenger's solution up and running on SCS then I'll consider using it, but I don't think I'll be doing it myself.

:suspect:

Ok then, I hope I can find some time to work on it myself.

Quickfix suggestion: Change the install options

With SCS option: allow spellcasters to cast clone spells: OFF, then use SR's version

With SCS option: allow spellcasters to cast clone spells: ON, then use SCS version or Vanilla's version

Bit of a compromise, allows players to have SCS installed but still use SR's spell version.

SCS mages using Simulacrum is not the problem, I suppose David use the spell to create copies (with 100% xp) of some creature in custom instances (e.g. Irenicus in Spellhold?).

Speaking of which...may I ask you (David) when and how you need to do this? I' like to understand "what's going on".

I need the clone to be able to everything the original can do, including use potions etc. (It needs to be an exact copy of the creature - or as near as I can manage.)
I'm 99,99% certain that script will use items whether the appropriate button is active or not.

How about replicate the affected spell(s) and disable the originals for the player? So the player-controlled characters use the SR versions of the spell while SCS AI uses the SCS version.
That was the first thing I've thought about, but sadly there can be only one SPL. Hardcoded.
I'm 99,99% certain that script will use items whether the appropriate button is active or not.
You're right, then I think removing the immunity to restoration is enough to allow full compatibility, right David?

Actually, I think I can achieve compatibility even without giving up any SR feature, by removing the immunity to restoration opcode (224). David, do you use an actual restoration spell such as Lesser Restoration or you simply use a restoration opcode?

Because I think it would be fine to have the image being immune to (Lesser) Restoration spells in case you use a direct restoration opcode (224) via script or custom spell. That would make sure players can't cheat while you can still restore the clone to 100% xp.

Deal?

To answer the earlier question first: I do this three times, once in SCS (Durlag's Tower), twice in SCSII (Spellhold Irenicus, Nyalee). In each case I'm using it to make identical, hostile copies of party members.

It's a bit of a hack: I add a bit of script to the top of the script that all simulacra run ("dw#image", in SCSII) that fires if a particular global variable is set and replaces the simulacrum's script with one that turns it hostile, restores its levels, and gives it a combat script. When I want to copy a party member, I set the variable, cast a custom simulacrum-making spell, and then reset the variable. Theoretically there's a small window where a party member's own Simulacrum spell might get hijacked, but it's fairly unlikely.

My override Simulacrum spell is the old one, with Fixpack's immunity to level drain removed and a script ("dw#image") added.

I restore lost levels with a custom spell ("dw#nyres") that's actually just a renamed version of Lesser Restoration. So if you restore susceptibility to the opcode but block spells individually, it shouldn't cause me problems. (Personally I don't really care about blocking deliberate exploits like Restoring clones, but you're welcome to do it if you feel like it, it shouldn't mess with SCS.)

I restore lost levels with a custom spell ("dw#nyres") that's actually just a renamed version of Lesser Restoration. So if you restore susceptibility to the opcode but block spells individually, it shouldn't cause me problems. (Personally I don't really care about blocking deliberate exploits like Restoring clones, but you're welcome to do it if you feel like it, it shouldn't mess with SCS.)
Cool, as I thought then. I'll update the hotfix tomorrow morning with this and the other compatibility issue regarding Protection from Fire/Cold.

I'll also provide a separate hotfix for SIMULACR.SPL to "install" over/after SCSII, but I'd be glad if your next version of SCS could skip overwriting such spell when SR is detected.

No spell loss due to level drain, no possibility for a legal simulacrum to turn hostile (as slim as it may be), no need to overwrite SIMULACR.SPL.

OK, then colour me impressed.

I've just done a minimal update packaging, but I'll test this out and try it for the one after that.

Archived