Looking for alpha testers

berelinde

Most of the SoA part of the mod is done, and I'm looking for alpha testers. Since the mod is an alpha, I cannot promise the mod will be bug free, so if you spent four days building your mega-install, this might not be the time to volunteer. Since you will probably be reinstalling the mod at some point, whether because of bugfixes or because of content additions, I'd like you to keep this close to the end of your install. The only thing that should go after this is Crossmod Banter Pack, if you're going to use it. If you'd like to test Gavin, please don't use Virtue, this time around, because I'd really like to keep Gavin as close to the end of the install as possible to minimize reinstallation issues.

What will be included in the alpa:

• All SoA PC dialogue.
  • Interjections for Athkatla
  • All SoA NPC banters
  • Bodhi abduction
  • Tree of Life
  • Some Anomen romance conflicts
  • Most Romantic Encounters reactions
  • Evil PC redemption
  • Preliminary PID (not a lot in the way of flirting)

What will be added over the next three weeks:

• Interjections for the rest of the game
  • Complete Anomen romance conflicts
  • NPC-initiated flirting
  • Complete PID

If you're intrested, please sign up here or shoot me a PM. I'm looking to have the alpha out tomorrow or Friday.

Thanks! I'll send you a link when I upload the files. It's still looking like tomorrow or Friday.

I don't know if you need to restrict your installation *that* thightly, though. I've been testing on an install that includes loads of mods, and everything seems to be working OK. I just want to keep Gavin close to the end so you won't have to back out a long line of other mods to reinstall.

Since all relationship paths use the same talk timers, test any you like. Possibilities are

B!GavRA=0 just friends

B!GavRA=1 Gavin is interested. It is possible to go from being engaged in BG1 to being RA1 in BG2. Things change.

B!GavRA=2 engaged

B!GavRA=3 romance is over

B!GavRA=4 "it's complicated," only available after you have been engaged at some point

It's going to be around midday tomorrow. I wanted to include the Anomen confrontation with this alpha, and I'm still tweaking that.

The Romantic Encounter reactions are going to have to go into one of the updates, though. My keyboard is acting up, so I'm clearly not going to get to it tonight.

The download links have been sent out.

Until we can get a testing forum set up someplace, please PM me any bug reports you might have. I'd rather keep potential spoilers off the public forums for as long as possible. When I receive a bug report, I'll forward them to all testers, and upload a fixed version within hours.

Sure, I'll send you the link and the instructions. Just keep in mind that this an alpha, so some of the content isn't there, like flirts or Romantic Encounters reactions, and keep in mind that you may be asked to reinstall the mod at some point.

Thanks!

Archived