Invisibility on goblins and hobgoblins

Vlar

Hello, I've experienced something strange in my installation (with a lot of mods actually), that is some creatures gained an invisibility effect (not from potions, an effect directly applied on the CRE file): some goblins, hobgoblin archers and maybe also some kobolds. Looking the backup-ed creatures I thought it could depend on SCS. Does anybody have the same or I'm the only one? I'm playing BGT, a BWP installation with most tactical and NPC mods, and I have also BP-AI, but I don't think this is the problem.

Thanks

I think SCS would not be applying invis on goblinoids as a direct effect, unless I'm much mistaken about it. Did you try --change-logging some of the suspect goblin .cre files and maybe seeing if other mods may be responsible?

I'm not familiar with "change-logging", what is it? I simply deleted the invisibility through NI. My suspicion fell on SCS because I found the CRE files in two backup dirs of SCS (5000 and 5024) and in one of them appeared this invisibility effect.

I'm not familiar with "change-logging", what is it?
Simple, the answer #6, you have to know the .cre's file name, so you can replace the "ard011.are" with it, and have a result(in that example).

At a guess, some other mod has introduced some goblins (or whatever) with the THIEF character class. (I think default BG2 goblins get this class; they get altered explicitly by SCSII). If they start out hostile, SCS gets them to hide in shadows, which gets implemented (crudely, to be sure) by putting an invisibility effect on them.

If someone gives me a specific list of creatures to flag as not really thieves, I can do so; the better fix is for the other mod to relabel the creatures to the actually-desired class.

Archived