Summoning spells

Ardanis

The genies make sense as a separate summon since they are casters and not physical meat shields like the other monster summoning X spells, so you gain something different when you have both them and a monster summoning spell in the same level. Do the elementals really function that differently from a regular monster summon, though, the warrant a separate spell slot at these levels?
You do have a point. Both solutions have their pro and their con.

I'd vote against the merging MS X with Conjure elemental series. Like the fiends and genies, the elementals should remain unique.

Summoning Cap Removal

I for one will remove the cap on all level summons no matter what, and I suspect the other gamers will do the same as well. So maybe it isn't worth the effort to make these separate caps ???

Summoning Cap Removal

Besides, whom can you choke? Any decent wizard worthy of such tactic should know Banishment anyway. Dragons? They can fend off quite effectively. ToB grunts? Equal fight, more or less. And those two dozens also need the same amount of slots wasted, and I think we can safely assume that loading those slots with disabling and offensive magic would yield the same result.

Translated: remove the cap and don't care? ???
Well, the choking comes from first casting the summons and then using appropriate magic freely to kill the enemy, not even 12 webs can block a passage way as effectively as 6 giants... from fighters, and leave the 6 magic users still in range to cast damage spells the blockers are immune to, and to deal with the opponents mages. :D

-Say, fire giant.

-Yes.

-I am going to fireball your a$$.

-Good, I could use the regeneration.

Personally RP wise I see no argument for removing the summon cap. Computer hardware wise I don't like it :hm: (I'll have to buy a new laptop sooner or later anyway).
Well, the summons don't actually take that much computers resources, when you don't use a 1 MB scripts to give them intelligence, like the SCS can do to the monsters. Now, what comes to the summon cap removal, I think it's not a bad idea, but better would be to adjust it like I have said, so that it doesn't block the mages power, just the over_use_of_the_power.

Summoning Cap Removal

I for one will remove the cap on all level summons no matter what, and I suspect the other gamers will do the same as well. So maybe it isn't worth the effort to make these separate caps :)

There already is 3 caps, There can be only one creature form the Gender - 5: Both(aka, Planetars, Deva's), one familiar(should be Gender - 4: Neither), and five from the Gender - 6: Summoned.
In my game with SCS, it seems that ennemy mage are able to summon a large number of creatures. Can someone confirm to me that AI is not restricted to summon only 5 cre ?

If that is really the case, I do vote to remove the summoning cap for players as optional component, although I'd rather have both AI and players be restricted in the numbers of summons.

If that is really the case...
Well, that is the case, see the computer is immune to all kinds of rules in this game. It can cast 100 Chain Contingencies on a creature while the player is able to cast and sustain only 1. It can cast "Protection from Magical Weapons" and the "Protection from Normal Weapons", "Mantle" etc. while the player is able to cast and sustain only one... etc. etc. ???

Umber Hulk vs Wolfweres

What a mess...
Precisely ???

Summoning Cap Removal

Compatibility wise it must not be within the main component, but installed as late as possible (right before SCS).

There already is 3 caps, There can be only one creature form the Gender - 5: Both(aka, Planetars, Deva's), one familiar(should be Gender - 4: Neither), and five from the Gender - 6: Summoned.
Celestials use filename resource for the capping, not their class. See Tweakpack's component for unlimited celestials.

Dunno about familiars.

Guest guest

While on the topic of summons - did you ever implement summons crossing area-transitions?

This came up in a topic here titled 'revised summons discussion', and someone mentioned g3minion does this or something? Nothing came of the discussion as it moved on, so I don't know.

Incidentally, even the vanilla game must have some useful code, since something like this (i guess) happens with the creatures you can buy in Ust Natha - they can follow you through SOME transitions, but not all...

Anyway, I think this is one thing I'd love to see, and sorry if it's in, haven't tried the latest version, yet!

Are animations and creatures from other IE games within the scope of this mod?
I don't think so... but one could make use of the old animations... and then make the Infinity Animations mod just update the creature if it's there... or you can make a combinable version too that uses the Infinity Animation slot and animation... but that's a lot of work, and space for a one creature.
While on the topic of summons - did you ever implement summons crossing area-transitions?

This came up in a topic here titled 'revised summons discussion', and someone mentioned g3minion does this or something? Nothing came of the discussion as it moved on, so I don't know.

Incidentally, even the vanilla game must have some useful code, since something like this (i guess) happens with the creatures you can buy in Ust Natha - they can follow you through SOME transitions, but not all...

Anyway, I think this is one thing I'd love to see, and sorry if it's in, haven't tried the latest version, yet!

It didn't make it into V3 but it's on my to-do list for V4.

Are animations and creatures from other IE games within the scope of this mod? If so a chimera, like the ones in IWD2 would make a good high level summon.
I'd prefer to avoid adding new animations via SR.

Archived