Version 14 released

DavidW

Version 14 of SCS II is out. No new content, just translation updates, bugfixes, and compatibility fixes. Thanks to everyone who gave bug reports - special thanks to Ardanis for very detailed information.

Changelog:

Updated French translation (courtesy Mornagest)

Updated German translation (courtesy Leonardo Watson)

Updated Italian translation (courtesy Stoneangel)

Updated Spanish translation (courtesy Ancalagon)

Kangaxx now has Protection from Fire in his Chain Contingency

The new dragons in Abazigal's lair all get ToB dragon immunities now

The fire creatures in the Fire Giant Temple are no longer affected by the lava pits (they weren't taking damage anyway, but it was messing with their spells)

Golems now get immunity to poison

Nevaziah's level is lowered to 18 (this makes the Edwin quest a little less frustratingly long)

Under-the-hood change: "Faster Bears" now edits Creature files, not scripts (thanks to Ardanis for the code)

"Dragons have more staying power" now improves hit points of dragons added by other components

We now use Acid Arrows and Flame Arrows against enemies protected by Stoneskin

Wanev et al are no longer made hostile by friendly fire in the Asylum

Spirit trolls no longer get/use potions

Added (well, documented) console override to make Joluv and Deirdre turn up if you're bored of waiting for them

The Watchers' Keep component no longer enforces the SoA experience cap

Fixed a minor problem where WEIDU functions were adding irrelevant data to creature files

Fixed a couple of typos that were preventing the Ghaunadan help script from working properly

Fixed a typo that prevented the Talosar priests from using their lightning power

Druids now shapeshift correctly even if Improved Shapeshifting isn't installed

Corrected a death variable error carried over from Tactics Improved Irenicus

The name of the "standardise dragon immunities" component wasn't displaying correctly

Blocked a bug that, in rather rare circumstances, would cause mages to recover their spells upon going out of sight

Both black dragons in Abazigal's lair now benefit from the "dragons cast instantly" component

Increased-golem-range works properly now

The pit fiends in Abazigal's ambush are now correctly improved by "Improved Fiends"

Tidied up various confusions between SCSI and SCSII version of global macro library ("scsii.tph")

Fixed a typo in the no-chunk code that was preventing it from working properly

Enemy-summoned Baalors weren't being improved by Improved Fiends

Samia no longer gets a help script (she doesn't need one, and it was causing her to go hostile too readily)

The mage component will no longer fail in the (unlikely) event that some other mod adds a lich who is also a fighter/mage

Removed an invisible "bug" in the Abazigal multi-dragon dialog (it wasn't causing in-game problems, but it was tripping bugfinding software)

Incorrect strings no longer display in some situations where creatures or characters are immune to spells (insect plague, protection from undead, invisible efreeti)

Fixed a glitch in the code controlling spawning of merchants, which meant Joluv sometimes didn't spawn

Under-the-hood fix: mages, priests and some miscellaneous creatures were still getting an (irrelevant) melee combat script, even though their core script includes melee. It's now stripped (the only visible effect is that possibly the game will run more smoothly)

Fixed vanilla-game issue whereby rakshasas cast spells as if 1st level

Demiliches are no longer immune to Breach

Tidied up component dependencies a bit

Fixed a few readme errors in the v13 changelog

Slightly reorganised "improved Irenicus in Hell" install order to avoid (harmless) confusion to WEIDU

Corrected (probably harmless) glitch in backstab code

Small improvements to Spell Revisions compatibility: efreet and death knights don't lose their weapons, simulacrum is no longer overwritten

If Item Remix is installed, Maevar no longer gets his shadow armour removed

If Item Remix is installed, Azamantes takes proper advantage of the Robe of Vecna

The golem component now recognises a golem from Wheels of Prophecy

Fiends in Wheels of Prophecy are now being improved by Improved Fiends

BG2 tweakpack bags are REALLY AND TRULY now correctly allowed for by "items taken in spellhold"

Feel free to delete this post, but I think Item Remix fixes (Maevar and Azamantes) refer to Item Revisions. :undecided: Great to see Maevar can wear again his armor! Thanks.

I didn't even knew about Efreet and Death Knights issues!Thanks again for the Simulacrum fix, I made it compatibile with SCS a few hotfixes update ago as we discussed, but it's good to not have to put my spl file again over SCS everytime (and most players probably don't know about this).

Amazing!

You're invisible for months and then all of sudden a new version is uploaded!

Why this makes me amazing, I've no idea - it just means I ignored BG for months and then dropped in to do a pretty belated bugfix.

(Actually, this is the first time I've done that and not had to fix some embarrassingly serious mod, so it's nice to know I'm basically converging on bugfreeness.)

One question:

I looked over the bugfixes and decided I want them, only I'm in the middle of a BWP game (still in the BG1 part). If I do a complete BWP re-install, changing SCSII to the new version, will this work with my old saved games? I'm willing to try risky things, but if it's clear that it won't work I needn't even start.

One question:

I looked over the bugfixes and decided I want them, only I'm in the middle of a BWP game (still in the BG1 part). If I do a complete BWP re-install, changing SCSII to the new version, will this work with my old saved games? I'm willing to try risky things, but if it's clear that it won't work I needn't even start.

Well, I don't use BWP (too little quality control), and don't understand it in any detail, so I hesitate to answer.

In general the following works to protect savegames:

(i) before uninstalling, make a copy of DIALOG.TLK (it lives in your BG2 directory)

(ii) after uninstalling but before reinstalling, replace the baseline DIALOG.TLK with the copy (in some cases they're identical anyway, it depends how thorough your reinstall was)

But as I say, I don't know how well that works in a BWP install.

Amazing!

You're invisible for months and then all of sudden a new version is uploaded!

Why this makes me amazing, I've no idea - it just means I ignored BG for months and then dropped in to do a pretty belated bugfix.

(Actually, this is the first time I've done that and not had to fix some embarrassingly serious mod, so it's nice to know I'm basically converging on bugfreeness.)

I am used to modders that either a) never leave but never update/complete their mods (despite saying several times a (new public) version would be out in a matter of days) or b) leave but never come back.

I got a few warnings when installing the new version in a BWP context:

[better Calls for Help]

WARNING: cannot find block matching [scsII/help/scripts/gpmage_asc.baf]

[Mages only cast only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC]

[Priests only cast only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC]

About 10 to 20 of this kind for different scripts:

SCS warning: I tried to swap the order of scripts MAGE4A and APPRENTI in MGAPPR03, but I couldn't find both of them

Don't know if any of these causes problems, this is to let you know.

I got a few warnings when installing the new version in a BWP context:

[better Calls for Help]

WARNING: cannot find block matching [scsII/help/scripts/gpmage_asc.baf]

[Mages only cast only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC]

[Priests only cast only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC]

About 10 to 20 of this kind for different scripts:

SCS warning: I tried to swap the order of scripts MAGE4A and APPRENTI in MGAPPR03, but I couldn't find both of them

Don't know if any of these causes problems, this is to let you know.

Keeping track of just what happens in a BWP install is beyond me, sorry. I suspect this is a compatibility issue with the BP version of Ascension, which for some reason the BWP people have chosen to use. I also suspect that it's harmless.

Keeping track of just what happens in a BWP install is beyond me, sorry. I suspect this is a compatibility issue with the BP version of Ascension, which for some reason the BWP people have chosen to use. I also suspect that it's harmless.

Yeah, I wish I could use an Ascension version without the tangled mod conglomerate that is BP. It took me some time to track down a bug that prevents BP-Ascension from installing if the BP AI is not installed and TDD or Secret of Bone Hill is.

Apart from that, I can report that my complete BWP re-install from scratch, switching the new SCS and SCSII versions (but not RE's) in for the old, seems to work perfectly with my old saved games, just in case anyone else wants the new version in a BWP Install.

Guest Guest_Loz_*

Thanks for updating the mod DW. A shame that the disruption immunity for superior undead still didn't make it though :undecided:.

Anyway, i'm not sure if you plan to add anymore to the mod but if by any chance you do it would be nice to see some more compatibility/features adopted from the "improved fiends" component of aTweaks. In particular the changing of the circle to green/red depending on what allegiance the summoner is as well as fiends of the same alignment working together is really cool. Other cool things include pit fiends using wish and all fiends dealing with protection from evil without being immune.

More about it here - http://www.shsforums.net/topic/45524-creat...ing-with-scsii/

DavidW,

the readme still includes "Improved Golem" from Tactics under the "Components with no overlap with SCS II:" voice. I suspect that since version 13 this is no longer true instead?

This question was asked in April here but never got answered.

Archived