Windows 7

n0class

Hey there.

Been trying to get Baldurs gate 2/Tutu working on Windows 7 64 bit and so far no dice. I was wondering if anyone here has got it running smoothly/can offer insight on how one would go about doing so.

Just Baldurs gate 2 ToB installed clean is giving me major lag issues right from the get-go. Same thing for tutu. I tried running them both on Windows XP service pack 2 compatibility, as well as using the widescreen mod, but I still get these lag issues/frame rate drops/whatever you wanna call them.

Basically, the game is intolerably choppy and I don't know what to do about it.

Any help, ideas, links et.c are greatly appreciated

Been trying to get Baldurs gate 2/Tutu working on Windows 7 64 bit and so far no dice. I was wondering if anyone here has got it running smoothly/can offer insight on how one would go about doing so.
Easy, install the game to anywhere else but the default "Program Files" folder or what ever that is in your OS language, after you have disabled the User Account Control and the PCA, the answer 2 here tells how, and then if you have NVidia card, look into here on the BG2 advice... It's been sometime that I installed the EasyTutu, it's defaults to the "Program Files" folder too, but you can either install it elsewhere or just move it out of there, the answer 8 in the FAQ tells how.

Easy.

Thanks for the suggestions. I intend to try them when I take another go at it.

I actually have another problem... yea. When I try to do a full install of BG1, under "space available" it says 2047 mb. Which isn't enough to do a full install. I've got 224 GB free space but for whatever reason BG1 only recognizes 2047 MBs of it. TotSC, SoA and ToB install without a hitch, though. Again, I'm very much baffled.

I think BG1 is hardcoded to only recognise 2GB or something (which for a while, was the world's largest hard drive). Just ignore it. That should be enough to do a full install anyway, shouldn't it?

I thought I could ignore it, but the installer stops at around 76% complete and plays the demo movie, gives the option to "finish" etc. At least acts as though everything is installed right. After the choppy-ness of the first install I figured it was a good idea to address it.

Looks like it needs 2303mbs for a full install and 2087 if I were to leave out all the movies.

Most things won't run properly unless you've done a full installation. For BG1, you have to manually tick the check-boxes for everything. And then you have to tell the computer to go ahead and install it anyway, since at the time BG1 was released, the concept of a HD as big as 2GB was unfathomable. This is where you may run into trouble with Windows 7. If you have not turned off UAC and if you have not done all the other garbage you need to do to satisfy Big Brother, and then restarted your computer, Windows 7 will not allow you to override the game telling you that your HD is not big enough to install.

Archived