The usual thing

Domi

What about this NPC idea? Not for development by obvious reasons, but would it be :blush: or :cry: with you?

Pretty much a spin-off from Martin's Brienne:

Brutally strong, loyal-hearted, well-skilled, slow-witted and very ugly (as in really ugly) female fighter (human or half-orc), found by that secret enterance to the mage-of-the sewers; apparently deeply and hoplessly in love with Haer, aspiring to be his sworn sword and protector. No 'functional' romance of any kind with anyone (not PC, and least of all Haer, who'd tolerate and allow her to adore him).

Personally, I dislike obvious take offs from characters found in popular literature. The character idea may be great, but I'd much prefer to have an original character in the story. It strikes me too much as having the same source as the "OMG DRIZT IZ 5O KOOOL!!!. 7ETS MAKE HIM JOIN THE P4RTY! THAT WOULD B SO KOOL!" mentality that I see far too often.

With that qualifier, the idea does have merits but it'd have to be written well to pull off the essence of the character. Otherwise, she'd seem almost soap-operaish tragic, or become comic relief because of the obvious disdain shown by Haer and her obliviousness in not seeing it. Basically, I'd take a wait-and-see approach, but admit a bias against the concept. I can be convinced otherwise though :blush:

definetly no disdain from Haer and definetly no obliviousness. I understand the spin-off concern, but I would lie if I said that she is not :cry: I am not sure that such a thing as 'completely original' character exists and I'd rather see a spinoff from an unusual character than Drizzt#101. Now, what does interest me is it a more interesting/unusual concept than Drizzt#101?

I doubt that any idea is so great that one can pull it off by writing shitty :blush:

Well, more info is tough to come by :blush: I'd go with this Amok's portrait, only it needs a few more scars, edits and stuff. Would make her Lawful Good, without doubt, and make her save Haer in a cutscene if the party refuses to go with her. Make her pretty much fearless, loyal and honorable which would be contrasted by CN Haer'Dalis. No jelousy dialogues, of course. I dunno. Stuff like that.

post-13-1097943533_thumb.jpg

Well, more info is tough to come by :blush: I'd go with this Amok's portrait, only it needs a few more scars, edits and stuff. Would make her Lawful Good, without doubt, and make her save Haer in a cutscene if the party refuses to go with her. Make her pretty much fearless, loyal and honorable which would be contrasted by CN Haer'Dalis. No jelousy dialogues, of course. I dunno. Stuff like that.

Wouldn't anyone lawful good be repelled by Haer's actions in the long run?

Or this 'developing romance' will evolve into a bitter end?

she is not a paladin LG, LG is stands for loyalty and her own actions. Her attraction for Haer was based on the fact that she considers him a great Bard, so I think she'd think it's admissible for him to be a bit nuts. But Haer really does not do anything exceptionally evil either. Unless I missed it :blush:

However, I think I'd borrow the altered version of her for a NWN module instead of sitting and idly chatting about never to be made BG2 mod. ;) I'd make him an adventorus noble with some dubious claim onto the throne of either Cormyr or Tethyr, waiting forhis poeples to tire of current rulers and invite him back :cry: Meanwhile he leads a chivalrious-adventuring lifestyle of a travelling knight. She'd be his squire and actualy affect him to the point of the two of them engaging in the rather noble enterprize in the course of which they'd run into PC. ;)

Archived