Version 5 Bug Reports

Can you confirm that you have the latest IWD-in-BG2 fixpack installed?

i believe so:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #15 // BIFF everything

'snip'...

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #5000 // BIFF misc files

~ICE_TUTU_FIX/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_FIX.TP2~ #0 #10 // Post-Install Fixpack v4 for Icewind Dale in BG2 v5 Beta: Fixpack v4 for IWD to BG2 v5 Beta

~ICE_TUTU_FIX/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_FIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System (the bigg) -> Rebalanced Proficiencies (CamDawg): Fixpack v4 for IWD to BG2 v5 Beta

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02

Great - many thanks for the reports in that case.

OK, I've had a chance to go through this last set of bugs. Note that v6 of the converter fixes a significant error in handling of secondary death variables, so where I can't reproduce something, it might be because it's been fixed en passant.

Ned's dialog going to the Isle of the Dead worked once. I restored and it was as if I was on the island. He would only return me to Lonelywood. Why I've no idea since it was a save before I left.

Can't reproduce in current version.

I cast Chant in the middle of a battle and it affected ally and enemy alike.

Intentional: chant affects both sides.

Wailing Virgin spell attacks seemed to not work.

Fixed in version 6.

Kossuth's Blood had the wrong name, though the rest of the description was correct.

Fixed in version 6.

When I returned to the Barbarian Encampment Angaar was at (2888,522) (near the entrance to the Mead Hall) rather than at the gate. I had to CLUA him in.

Alpheus was visible in the doorway of the Whistling Gallows. After the fight began with the mercenaries after Kiernen I talked to him. He ran his dialog with Vaarglan and the prebattle cutscene ran again (spells, gating of the others), Alpheus teleported away from the door, and a few moments later another Alpheus appeared in the doorway (this one remained blue).

One of the Ice Golem Sentries at the entrance to AR9601 was a real problem. Every round I'd get "Regenerates and fades from sight" and it was fully healed. I finally had to use the killsword on it.

Finally, when I entered Icasaracht's lair the game hung. The characters swayed but did not move forward. The cutscene failed to run beyond that. I'll try a few things tomorrow, see if it's one of the buffs that caused it to fail.

Whirlwind chrashes the game (have to kill djinn in luremaster before he can cast it)

Can't reproduce in current version

cloudburst chrashes game

Can reproduce; don't understand it, though. Watch this space.

alt+tab will sometimes break the font, saving and tabbing back will fix it

You'll have to live with this one, sorry.

Description of light crossbow of speed is wrong

It's fine in my install.

resistance symbols for. boots of grounding, boots of the north, boots of speed, winter kings plate does not appear in portrait (but they work)

This is standard IWD behaviour (I'm sympathetic to the idea that it's a bug, but fixing IWD bugs is low priority)

bardic horn of valhalla does not work

Fixed in version 6.

Dead god's dreaming (sword) spell abilities does not work.

I can reproduce this but I don't understand it. (Cam, any idea?)

Armor does not go into bag of holding?

Again, this is standard IWD behaviour.

Bard song affect only bard, not party?

Fixed in version 6.

The switches in the towers in luremaster are bogus, since you can go downstairs anyway.

Fixed in version 6.

The specters in luremaster are very hard (imo) compared to other monsters and xp reward. are their thaco and armorclass set correctly?

I don't think there's any way their AC and THAC0 can have been changed relative to IWD, though I admit I haven't checked them all.

when you finnish luremaster you get 0xp?

That's also true in IWD. (It might be a bug: You get XP_Level13_Hard, but actually that's set to zero.)

in luremaster when you acomplish something, your main char uses the ability "beetle" before you get the xp.

Fixed in version 6.

Trolls are allowed save vs spell against fire arrows?

That's also true in IWD.

Archived