Version 5 Bug Reports

Okay, the game finale went smoothly, so I can say that the IWD campaign (without the expansions) was okay. However: after I watched IWD credits(couldn't skip them, obviously) and ToB credits(clicked on the button to stop these), my mouse pointer has disappeared. I had to exit the game and run it again in order to play it again.

I think I can safely say that you're going to have to live with that one :thumbsup:

A couple of items for myself, just so I don't forget them:

ddeath, ddeath2 appear to be the Wylfdene-kills-Seer graphics.

cdiseah?

Cynicism lacks it's, uh, cynicism.

Mystery of the Dead does not protect against clerical Finger of Death (steal fix from Item Upgrade)

wvdeath appears to be the death sequence of Wailing Virgins.

However: after I watched IWD credits(couldn't skip them, obviously) and ToB credits(clicked on the button to stop these)
... I think I can safely say that you're going to have to live with that one :(
If you can extend the baldur.ini's content with a line after the [Movies] -header, which says "<filename>=1" without the quotes, you can make any movie a skip-able with the Esc -key. The <filename> of course doesn't have the extension, the .mve . Of course you might not like that and there's probably no need, but just so you know. :thumbsup:

Problems from Dragon's Eye...

As for trolls on level 2, I reran the final encounter (with the Talonite clerics). Think you could check the trolls? Between fire and acid arrows I was able to kill all the trolls, but some seemed immune to fire once down, or at least weren't killed by it. By the time the party reaches this level the only fire (14) and acid (9) arrows they have are from Erevain's body. There is little else in the way of acid or fire dealing equipment to be found.

The trolls are also really hard to put down sometimes, as if they were taking hits by dozens and then going down 6-10 second after that.

I never really saw them come up as I had to kill them when they were down or my squad got PWNed, especially when there was 6+ of them coming my way.

What comes to the team assignments, well, they never in IwD1 called out each others, so when one troll saw the party it immediately attacked a party member and went to them and got killed alone, now they call out their 8 friends and go rip the guts out of the party each time, the worst is that they never actually die quickly enough for the party to get out of their way before the next troll comes lurking. The only truthfully effective way to kill them is fireballs and healing spells, and a lot of both.

Also you probably should 'fix' the party reputation affecting the sale prices... yeah it was an original feature I think :thumbsup: , but in BGII games, it's really easy to fix the prices a lot this way... or at least put that in the Tweaks pack that comes within the install, when you have another update to the main package, or what ever.

ddeath, ddeath2 appear to be the Wylfdene-kills-Seer graphics.

Uh, no. Search continues.

Cynicism lacks it's, uh, cynicism.

Got this working.

Mystery of the Dead does not protect against clerical Finger of Death (steal fix from Item Upgrade)

Technically, cleric FoD is only added as one of the tweaks from the core, but this is added anyway.

wvdeath appears to be the death sequence of Wailing Virgins.

Confirmed, and now have it scripted so that once a WV dies it plays this animation. Still sub-optimal as there's a small gap between the death and visual (i.e. the WV disappears briefly). David, is there any way to formally move this animation in to their actual creature death animation?

Also, it appears that WV spells are currently doing nothing.

Confirmed, and now have it scripted so that once a WV dies it plays this animation. Still sub-optimal as there's a small gap between the death and visual (i.e. the WV disappears briefly). David, is there any way to formally move this animation in to their actual creature death animation?

Probably. I can have a go, anyway.

The death animation will look fugly because it doesn't blend like spell effects do.

Anyways: .cre carries a cast spell on condition (IIRC opcode 232) which is triggers when taking damage, and plays the death animation. To make sure the death animation is played only when the .cre is dead, externalize opcode 215 (play 3D) into an external .eff file that targets a GENERAL of 3 (DEAD). The engine internally sets dead creatures' GENERAL to 3.

-Galactygon

Dragon's Eye level 4 (hotfix 3 installed):

Once the battle started, several doors remained locked. As I recall only the door to Marchon and company should remain so. This kept the summoned creatures from coming after the party. Also, when the bard spoke to Albion the normal dialog options appeared, when the paladin did he had only one option. Nice to see those class-specific lines back... Trolls appear to fall properly now.

The death animation will look fugly because it doesn't blend like spell effects do.

Regrettably, that's a problem we have with spell animations anyway: the IWD graphics don't seem to be set up right to give the proper blending in BG2. This isn't my area of expertise, so if you know a fix (short of manually recolouring them all) I'd love to hear it. I've messed around with various vvc settings without success.

You could make them more bearable by darkening the palette (there's a setting in DLTCEP). But I think you're keener on mass patching animation files to make their palettes darker. Here's the formula, it works like the multiply mode in photoshop:

New RGB = ((old RGB)^2)/255

So it's going to change [150,150,150] to [88,88,88]

-Galactygon

So, HoW with fixpack 3: I wasn't able to complete it, unfortunately, because after going to barbarian camp from gloomfrost(which went well) and seeing the entire wylfdane/seer sequence(which went well) and slaughtering all red barbarians in camp and in the hall I still cannot exit the camp. Hjollder says "good luck, my friends" and says nothing else, and no one opens the gate(the healer guy wanders next to them, but does nothing). Bad. :thumbsup:

Other small things: as reported before, wights on the Burial isle sometimes drop wolfskins; right after arrival to Lonelywood, some evil party briefly flashes next to you and disappears. Also after Hjollder disappears from Burial Isle, an invisible party-aligned(green-aligned) creature remains there.

(Also, the ALT-TABS and messed font: I'm not sure it depends on the feedback window, actually - for me it only get fixed when I ALT-TAB repeatedly, with different size of the feedback window, sometimes it's small, sometimes medium, sometimes large).

You could make them more bearable by darkening the palette (there's a setting in DLTCEP). But I think you're keener on mass patching animation files to make their palettes darker. Here's the formula, it works like the multiply mode in photoshop:

New RGB = ((old RGB)^2)/255

So it's going to change [150,150,150] to [88,88,88]

-Galactygon

OK, that's interesting. I'll give it a try. (And you're right, I'm only interested in something that can be put into an automated mass-patcher.)

Problems from Dragon's Eye, level 3: only the undead lieutenants seem to be problematic. They don't seem to want to attack, just stand there and get turned into dust.

Yep, I can confirm this. They're assigned a script (gnundead) in their general script slot that, once they talk to you, has a block that's always true and it blocks all lower scripts (i.e. their combat script).

Archived