Version 5 Bug Reports

Yeti are faster than in vanilla. Hate to say it, but I like it. Makes them even more threatening. Slowing them down (along with vanilla XP grants and dialogs) might be an optional component, as an idea, in the next fixpack or IWDinBG2 update.

Nah, for the core conversion + fixpack we want things to be as close to the original as we can get. Faster should be the tweak.

Had a ghoul in AR3201 fail to attack even though enemy (red foot circle). Same for a lesser shadow outside Kresselack's tomb entrance.

Hmm, there are two ghouls in that area with identical scripts and creature files. I'm not sure why one would attack and the other not. Same deal with the shadows--each pack of shadows generally have the same scripts and creature files, so if one of them responds to stimulus than all should.

• Cutscene that reveals Hobart as a rakshasha needs a lot of work. Hobart transforms, but the replacement rakshasha immediately deactivates. One of the rakshashas has identical loot to Hobart.
  • Add movies to movidesc.2da. Get subtitles to work on movies.
  • Shorten the travel area from the first to second floor in Arundel's home. Since it's crescent-shaped, you can stand in the middle of the semicircle, not on the stairs at all, and move up.
  • Fix code loop in baldur.bcs: SPRITE_IS_DEADULIGAR
  • Hobart's not appearing in the Whistling Gallows.

These are now fixed, with the exception of movie subtitles. Files are there and identical to how BG2 movie subtitles work, but I'm starting to suspect that the name & location of the subtitle files are hardcoded.

• Paladin's immunity to disease does not suppress the diseased icon.

Removed from bug list. The 'diseased' icon is actually nauseated, which is set by a lot of non-disease effects. I'd much rather have a false positive portrait icon than a missing one for legitimate effects.

Found you could walk through walls and ignore doors in ar9105 and ar9106; both are now fixed.

Removed from bug list. The 'diseased' icon is actually nauseated, which is set by a lot of non-disease effects. I'd much rather have a false positive portrait icon than a missing one for legitimate effects.

Any way we can work around this? Is there another icon we don't use or something?

Found you could walk through walls and ignore doors in ar9105 and ar9106; both are now fixed.

Is this my algorithm being over-enthusiastic again?

Also, maybe that's an odd little issue, but when I used Tab to highlight all items in the Lonelywood tavern, there was an odd item highlighted in the upper-left corner of the Lonelywood tavern map(not available by walking). Same thing with the upper right corner of the Lonelywood map - lots of highlighted objects(but my party can't approach them).

Will check.

Lonelywood was easy; there are three spurious doors (GRAVE_1-3) tucked in the upper right corner causing the issue.

Whistling Gallows was a bit harder to track down. Every door has an active area for open and closed; once the secret door is opened the active close area is way up in the upper left corner.

Any way we can work around this? Is there another icon we don't use or something?

Looking again at this, it might be worth it. In BG2 nauseated is used as a catch-all for all sorts of creature effects (slow, attribute drains, THAC0 penalties, etc.) whereas in IWD it's only used (non-disease) for a ghast's THAC0 penalty. It might be easier to change the ghast weapon to a different icon (decaying?).

Is this my algorithm being over-enthusiastic again?

Sure, but I've had to touch up, what, maybe seven out of how many hundreds of transitions? It's doing just fine. :thumbsup:

@ CamDawg: You have the fix for the Seer/Wylfdene cutscene. Would you kindly post it or e-mail me the files? I'd like to check the final few transition points.

Second walkthrough bug noted in Kresselack's Tomb.

Spectral Knights move too fast, and when they fall there is a momentary animation of a golem.

Some creatures initially attack, but then return to their positions if you move too far away and they can't see you, or they begin wandering about. After some time they will attack again, but the period between the wandering and attacking states is rather long...

My bard, when checking special abilities, has no enchanted items and should have only bard songs available. She has buttons/icons for Larloch's Minor Drain, Cure Light Wounds, Ghoul Touch (2), Draw Upon Holy Might (with Cure Moderate Wounds icon), Vampiric Touch, Ballad of the Three Heros, Tale of Curran Strongheart, and Tymora's Luck Melody.

Paladin Lay on Hands works, but Cure Disease doesn't. Don't know about the other special abilities.

Now on to the Temple of the Forgotten God.

Edit: With my first walkthrough I also noticed that the Three White Doves mace is missing from the Temple of Waukeen. Very handy to have for the Burial Isle.

@ CamDawg: You have the fix for the Seer/Wylfdene cutscene. Would you kindly post it or e-mail me the files? I'd like to check the final few transition points.

Spectral Knights move too fast, and when they fall there is a momentary animation of a golem.

Is anyone else seeing these momentary animation bugs. Please say if so. I've just been through the animation files for Animated Plate, which is overlaid on a golem, and on my system I can't find any trace of the golem, so I'm wondering whether something worked imperfectly for you at install time.

Some creatures initially attack, but then return to their positions if you move too far away and they can't see you, or they begin wandering about. After some time they will attack again, but the period between the wandering and attacking states is rather long...

Is that definitely a bug in the converter, rather than suboptimal AI in the original?

My bard, when checking special abilities, has no enchanted items and should have only bard songs available. She has buttons/icons for Larloch's Minor Drain, Cure Light Wounds, Ghoul Touch (2), Draw Upon Holy Might (with Cure Moderate Wounds icon), Vampiric Touch, Ballad of the Three Heros, Tale of Curran Strongheart, and Tymora's Luck Melody.

Looks to me like the Bhaalspawn innate powers aren't being suppressed. Open up abstart.2da in Near Infinity and tell me what it looks like.

Edit: With my first walkthrough I also noticed that the Three White Doves mace is missing from the Temple of Waukeen. Very handy to have for the Burial Isle.

That's a known issue (see the list of "things I can't do"). I couldn't see a straightforward way to convert it (I don't at this stage recall what the problem was.)

Looks to me like the Bhaalspawn innate powers aren't being suppressed. Open up abstart.2da in Near Infinity and tell me what it looks like.

ABSTART.2da isn't used. Which abilities you receive is coded right into the executable. I think both Tutu and BGT use some script+spell setup to remove them right after you've started your game.

I'm hoping to have v3 posted within a day or two; for now just open up bcseetlk.bcs and find CutSceneId("SEERTALK"). Change SEERTALK to just SEER.

edit: That should fix the hang, but not the missing animation of Icasaracht fleeing.

ABSTART.2da isn't used. Which abilities you receive is coded right into the executable. I think both Tutu and BGT use some script+spell setup to remove them right after you've started your game.

That's odd; I could have sworn I tested that. Doubtless you're right, though. I'll remind myself how TUTU works.

Is anyone else seeing these momentary animation bugs. Please say if so. I've just been through the animation files for Animated Plate, which is overlaid on a golem, and on my system I can't find any trace of the golem, so I'm wondering whether something worked imperfectly for you at install time.

I've only experienced two animation bugs. One is the yetis using the cat soundset (this is not an animation issue per se, it's the yeti soundset not getting mapped to the cat's sound 2da file) and the other if Wylfdene himself. It looks like his attack animation (never used) and his death animation are still the old BG2 (Lavok) ones.

@ CamDawg: Thanks for the fix. I've now managed to get to the end of HoW. There were no problems with area transitions.

Now for the bad news.

AR9603 - I had two Angaar's in the camp. One near the entrance to the Great Hall, one outside the gate. The gate remained closed, though all dialogs worked fine. (This may have been a result of an increment not setting right since the killsword was used in the barbarian battle.)

AR9100 - CTD outside the mayor's house. Suspect it's because of the Purvis animation, since I hear him go invisible and when I reveal where he should be the game crashed. Also the cutscene with Vaarglan and company hung. Dialog ran full, everyone appeared, Vaarglan put up his protection spell, and then the cutscene hung.

AR9602 - The random treasure (EXTRES5) did not appear on the altar behind Xactile.

AR9603 - The three waterkin elementals behind the ice golems were out of place, appearing over the stone of the floor instead of the pools.

AR9604 - When Icasaract was beaten, the cutscene began. She did not fall, the "camera" panned over to the soul gem, but only part of it was visible on the edge of the screen, and the cutscene hung.

Hope this helps before you release hotfix 3.

That's a known issue (see the list of "things I can't do"). I couldn't see a straightforward way to convert it (I don't at this stage recall what the problem was.)

It looks like it can be converted, but manually and with a metric ton of EFF files. I'll put it on my list.

Archived