Version 5 Bug Reports

I set up parallel parties in both IWD and IWD-in-BG2 friday night and noticed a couple of differences. I just followed up on them.

Mage generation (elf with 18 INT):

Start with 2 spells in IWD.

Start with 7 spells in IWD-in-BG2.

Thief generation (halfling with 19 DEX):

Start with 130 skill points plus 30 to distribute in IWD.

Start with 175 skill points plus 40 to distribute in IWD-in-BG2.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned earlier in testing, and it would be good if someone else sees if they get the same thing.

Mage generation (elf with 18 INT):

Start with 2 spells in IWD.

Start with 7 spells in IWD-in-BG2.

Needs to be fixed.

Given that there's a lot more thieving skills in which to distribute these points, I'd say this is fine.

Given that there's a lot more thieving skills in which to distribute these points, I'd say this is fine.

Perhaps on the initial 175, but the 40 to distribute should probably be brought into line with IWD. I'll check if level progression is different later.

Going through Severed Hand, I've found a couple things.

AR5003 - near the elevator to AR5002 is a section of the gap and a section of the wall that is passable. They are on the north side.

AR5002 - Shattered Souls have to close to attack. It should be a ranged attack. I think it's the difference between the spell and the innate in IWD.

AR5003 - near the elevator to AR5002 is a section of the gap and a section of the wall that is passable. They are on the north side.

Yeah, I just finished the Hand myself. Curvy stairways near walls = a lot of search maps to touch up. On the smaller towers you'll be able to walk through the railings near every stairway, and a few of the barriers in Kaylessa's tower.

AR5002 - Shattered Souls have to close to attack. It should be a ranged attack. I think it's the difference between the spell and the innate in IWD.
I'll take a look. They did attack from range (about 10, 15 feet or so) when I was there, so it may be a targeting issue or they're closing so they can get around walls.
Re Evade: OK, I'll check it out when I have a chance. (If the whole thing ends up deprecated or shifted to Optional, I wouldn't shed too many tears, though.)

You'll have to enlighten me on this. I've played the game numerous times, looked at the configuration options, even looked at the manuals, and I see no such thief ability. Such may exist in IWD2, but not in IWD1 that I'm aware of. If such is the case, it would be more appropriate as a Tweaks component.

Re Evade: OK, I'll check it out when I have a chance. (If the whole thing ends up deprecated or shifted to Optional, I wouldn't shed too many tears, though.)

You'll have to enlighten me on this. I've played the game numerous times, looked at the configuration options, even looked at the manuals, and I see no such thief ability. Such may exist in IWD2, but not in IWD1 that I'm aware of. If such is the case, it would be more appropriate as a Tweaks component.

HoW manual, page 12:

Evasion. At 7th level, thieves gain the power to evade effects that would normally hurt other characters. Whenever a thief is hit by a spell that can be evaded (Fireball, Lightning Bolt, etc.), the thief is allowed a saving throw vs. breath to completely avoid the effects of the spell. If the saving throw is failed, then the spell works normally, including a save for halfdamage if the spell allows for it. Evasion improves as the thief goes up in level, giving him bonuses to the saving throw vs. breath (for Evasion purposes only). Keep in mind that thieves cannot evade their own effects, so mage/thieves should think twice before throwing a fireball at their feet.
OK, knocked out some of the easy stuff.

• Protagonist mapped to LastTalkedToBy in dialogues.

OK, this needs a bit more work. Associated strings in dialogues need to have their tokens changed, i.e. from to . Had my paladin (player3) speaking to Lehland at the Hand and one of the responses was essentially "Hi, I'm (name of Player1)."

@ CamDawg: Thanks for the clarification.

Still in the Severed Hand, doing the towers now.

AR5004 - Wall fails at (1798, 560) and (2115,1334). (763,1268) also fails, but not critically since a floor torch blocks transit.

Animate Dead scroll, though memorized, does not appear in my mage's spell book.

AR5004 - Wall fails at (1798, 560) and (2115,1334). (763,1268) also fails, but not critically since a floor torch blocks transit.
Erhm, it might be more effective if you take screen shots with the PrtScr key, and then upload the image from the game folders "ScrnShot" folder to a site like this and copy paste the Direct Link it gives you into these:
[img=http://--address]

You should edit the image with Paint and save it as .jpg ...

OK, this needs a bit more work. Associated strings in dialogues need to have their tokens changed, i.e. from <CHARNAME> to <GABBER>. Had my paladin (player3) speaking to Lehland at the Hand and one of the responses was essentially "Hi, I'm (name of Player1)."

That can presumably be a systematic remap.

Wouldn't this fail if the WV was killed via spell (i.e. a kill opcode) or do those count as 'hits' too?

The following count as "to hits":

1.) any successful attack roll.

2.) any damage suffered through item or spell

3.) if the creature is hit by a spell with the hostile flag

The only problem with #1 (but not #2&3) is with launchers: the shell spell fires off the moment the hit roll is calculated (the projectile leaves the launcher). So you will have to place another condition, which is damage suffered (it's in the list of conditions).

-Galactygon

Cheers.

And I've got this working; tested under a variety of conditions and it's slicker than grease. Thanks Galactygon!

Probably because in opcode 146/148 parameter2 is set to 0 (cast manually like ForceSpell()) instead of 1 (cast automatically).

-Galactygon

This is part 1; the -w subspells also have a projectile that needs to be removed. I've got both of these working dandy. Thanks again.

LMD is fine, but they were not using Shadow Pact--this is fixed.

Yeah, I just finished the Hand myself. Curvy stairways near walls = a lot of search maps to touch up. On the smaller towers you'll be able to walk through the railings near every stairway, and a few of the barriers in Kaylessa's tower.

Search maps throughout the Hand are touched up and will be in fixpack 4.

Animate Dead scroll, though memorized, does not appear in my mage's spell book.

Yep, I caught this one myself--look a bit upthread. If you click on the blank space in your spell book where it should be you'll get a CTD.

OK, this needs a bit more work. Associated strings in dialogues need to have their tokens changed, i.e. from to . Had my paladin (player3) speaking to Lehland at the Hand and one of the responses was essentially "Hi, I'm (name of Player1)."

That can presumably be a systematic remap.

Sweet, how many people can say they've had a legitimate modding use for ALTER_TLK_RANGE? This is fixed locally (though, does anyone know how many strings are in an IWD-TotL game by default?).

Caught another bug in fixpack 3--due to a bad variable name the proficiency line for scimitars will be something like "Scimitar/Wakizashi/%cdname_nanjato%".

Still need to fix Angaar and the gate.

OK, tracked down the Angaar issue--basically, the variable to indicate the battle in camp is over is not getting set because some of the barbarians have incorrect DVs, so the area script thinks the battle never ends.

David, it looks like the converter is not completely overwriting DVs for some of the cloned creatures. bar2hmr.cre is being cloned and the original gets a new DV. The clones' DVs are fine, but with the original we're writing a new, shorter DV without a forced length--i.e. in this case, the original bar2hmr is being partially overwritten with gob_3, resulting in gob_3mr (we just need a #32 after any DV write). There's also a bug with the fake Pomab images, as the %i% in the DV is not being set since it's not an evaluated write.

I think this is also what was causing all of the issues with the final Icasaracht battle and the hanging cutscenes. "DLSgem" is being partially overwritten to "gemgem" and all of the scripts are looking for "gem".

edit: looks like the Pomab stuff is line 4189 and the rest is 4566 in setup-iwd_in_bg2.tp2.

Archived