Version 5 Bug Reports

Almost. I definitely want to put out a v4 and let grogerson break it first before we put out a new core version. I suspect there's another core converter bug we need to track down as well--the fire salamanders had their innate fire aura changed to a new file, but their script wasn't updated to point to it. The same thing also happened with the Shadow Pact innate for the shattered souls. I haven't had a chance to follow up and see if this is a broader issue yet.

I also want to take a look at kit abilities first.

Almost. I definitely want to put out a v4 and let grogerson break it first before we put out a new core version. I suspect there's another core converter bug we need to track down as well--the fire salamanders had their innate fire aura changed to a new file, but their script wasn't updated to point to it. The same thing also happened with the Shadow Pact innate for the shattered souls. I haven't had a chance to follow up and see if this is a broader issue yet.

I also want to take a look at kit abilities first.

Fine by me, I'm not in a rush. (I'd like to get a new version of SCS(II) out first.)

grogerson or Kulyok, if you've a save game handy, could you head back to the barbarian camp post-battle and set:

SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADGOB_3","GLOBAL",1)

SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADGOB_5","GLOBAL",1)

This should immediately get you some XP, a note about "The tribe of the Elk is victorious over the tribe of the Great Wyrm," and Angaar finally opening the gate.

I suspect there's another core converter bug we need to track down as well--the fire salamanders had their innate fire aura changed to a new file, but their script wasn't updated to point to it. The same thing also happened with the Shadow Pact innate for the shattered souls. I haven't had a chance to follow up and see if this is a broader issue yet.

Problem here was that IWD had duplicate spell.ids entries and that was muddling the conversion. It affected fire salamander auras, shadow pact, and a couple of abilities of the Eldathyn and their yuan-ti allies (animal affinity and chameleon power).

Almost. I definitely want to put out a v4 and let grogerson break it first before we put out a new core version...

Now how do I take that?! :D

Have it up by friday and I'll have most of next week to try... ???

Sounds good. :D

I suspect there's another core converter bug we need to track down as well--the fire salamanders had their innate fire aura changed to a new file, but their script wasn't updated to point to it. The same thing also happened with the Shadow Pact innate for the shattered souls. I haven't had a chance to follow up and see if this is a broader issue yet.

Problem here was that IWD had duplicate spell.ids entries and that was muddling the conversion.

Oh joy. Presumably the simplest thing is for me to strip them out at the start of the converter run. Do you have a list of the duplicates to strip handy?

grogerson or Kulyok, if you've a save game handy, could you head back to the barbarian camp post-battle and set:

This should immediately get you some XP, a note about "The tribe of the Elk is victorious over the tribe of the Great Wyrm," and Angaar finally opening the gate.

Ran through a quick barbarian camp battle and Angaar now opens the gate.

Problem here was that IWD had duplicate spell.ids entries and that was muddling the conversion.

Oh joy. Presumably the simplest thing is for me to strip them out at the start of the converter run. Do you have a list of the duplicates to strip handy?

1610 CLERIC_BLADE_BARRIER
1610 CLERIC_PHYSICAL_MIRROR
2423 CLERIC_WALL_OF_MOONLIGHT
2423 WIZARD_SHOUT
3996 INNATE_SALAMANDER_AURA_FIRE
3996 TANARI_DEATH_GAZE
3997 INNATE_SHADOW_PACT
3997 TANARI_VAMPIRIC_TOUCH
3998 INNATE_CHAMELEON_POWER
3998 TANARI_SILENCE
3999 INNATE_ANIMAL_AFFINITY
3999 TANARI_PARALYZE

I only checked for numerical duplicates, not duplicate INNATE_CAN_OF_WHOOP_ASS entries. Only the 399x values cause issues.

CLERIC_WALL_OF_MOONLIGHT is obviously wrong (should be 1423) but since 2423 is only scripted in two places, and for arcane casters, it doesn't cause any actual bugs.

Affected scripts are:

• Animal affinity, chameleon power: d4eldg.bcs, d4yuang.bcs
  • Salamander fire aura: safire.bcs
  • Shadow pact: 5001sha1.bcs, 5001sha2.bcs, 5001sha3.bc, 5002sha1.bcs, 5002sha2.bcs, 5002sha3.bcs, 5002sha4.bcs, shsevhl1.bcs, shshthl1.bcs

Also tracked down kit ability issues. A handful of the paladin innates were set to level 0 (detect evil, protection from evil, smite evil, cure disease), preventing their use. I had previously reported that set snare was not working, but I guess I was wrong--in all my testing it was setting properly.

Fallen paladins and rangers were also getting some kit abilities, which has also been fixed.

I think that's the last of the outstanding issues.

It worked, though I had to CreateCreature Angaar to get in to see Wylfdene, and it took him some time to get to the gate to open it. Then I had two Angaar's to look at... (I'll check this with the next update and a clean run.)

Alright, someone help me out with my rusty scripting knowledge. After tracking down the kit ability problems and the wailing virgin spells, I've noticed a lot of innates in IWD are classed as level 0.

This poses a problem for the conversion. As I recall HaveSpell() on an innate will crash BG2 if the innate is not level one. However, the various Spell() actions will fail if the level does not match the file name (i.e. spin5xx needs to be a level 5 spell, spin3xx level 3, etc.). My memory working here?

Installed fixpack 4 and all my saves are post-Seer's death(where all hostile barbarians are dead, and naturally the gates are shut, because these are old saves). Sigh. I'll have to test HoW all the way from the beginning. (Dear other testers(=grogerson), I hope you've been smarter than me in this regard ??? ).

Installed fixpack 4 and all my saves are post-Seer's death(where all hostile barbarians are dead, and naturally the gates are shut, because these are old saves). Sigh. I'll have to test HoW all the way from the beginning. (Dear other testers(=grogerson), I hope you've been smarter than me in this regard ??? ).

Sorry, Kulyok. I make a habit of keeping a save at the start of every key area (Vale, DE, SH, UD...). I've an install in Wyrm's Tooth on my current game. However, my old install was just deleted and reinstalled... Not all is lost, however, since my current party is leveled enough to enter HoW (and there's always the CLUA for help...)

@DavidW: I still get those animation converter errors. I tried [Print Screen] when they appeared, but I've no idea if it worked or where they might be found if it did. Any idea where I'd look?

@DavidW: I still get those animation converter errors. I tried [Print Screen] when they appeared, but I've no idea if it worked or where they might be found if it did. Any idea where I'd look?

In general, PrintScreen copies an image of the screen to the clipboard, so you'd have to open a graphics program and paste (ctrl-v).

Archived