Stray feedback

Wisp

I jotted down these notes a long time ago, definitely far enough back that it was on a different version of SCSII. Apologies if you've already fixed one or more of these issues.

If you install the illithid component with vanilla resistances, it actually removes their vanilla resistance to fire, and possibly more.

The Sahuagin mage/cleric priestess (Cloak of Reflection) makes a bee-line for Player1 if she can't see any enemies. E.g. if Player1 is invisible, she'll track him/her indefinitely.

Drow06 are plain mages but are equipped with elven chain.

Have you considered including Deirex in the lot who get HLAs in SoA? If not, I think he should be included. He's even got a lore-related excuse ("founder of Ust Natha" etc).

If you use better Ust Natha defences and trade Adalon's eggs for safe passage out of the city, you do not get the epic blood bath a sick, twisted person would look forward to. In fact, since the demon only kills vanilla drow and moves at a rate of knots, it's a right crummy deal.

Dragons lack immunity to the string "Blinded".

Thanks - that's great. (I'm not sure I care about the drow elven chain - put it down to an NPC kit of some kind, it certainly doesn't feel out of place... but the rest is very helpful.)

I jotted down these notes a long time ago, definitely far enough back that it was on a different version of SCSII. Apologies if you've already fixed one or more of these issues.

If you install the illithid component with vanilla resistances, it actually removes their vanilla resistance to fire, and possibly more.

The Sahuagin mage/cleric priestess (Cloak of Reflection) makes a bee-line for Player1 if she can't see any enemies. E.g. if Player1 is invisible, she'll track him/her indefinitely.

Drow06 are plain mages but are equipped with elven chain.

Have you considered including Deirex in the lot who get HLAs in SoA? If not, I think he should be included. He's even got a lore-related excuse ("founder of Ust Natha" etc).

If you use better Ust Natha defences and trade Adalon's eggs for safe passage out of the city, you do not get the epic blood bath a sick, twisted person would look forward to. In fact, since the demon only kills vanilla drow and moves at a rate of knots, it's a right crummy deal.

Dragons lack immunity to the string "Blinded".

Should Mind flayers have fire resistance? They don't in AD&D.

Probably Lavok as well, being a centuries old Archmage.

I'm not sure why Lagole Gon has HLA's, seems a difficult hurdle for PC's wanting to recruit Cernd - unlike the planar sphere which can wait until after the underdark, Cernd's quest is somewhat urgent.

Some further suggestions:

Kuo Toans are quite weak for the stage of the game they are encountered (particularly compared to the Sahuagin), a too easy source of the best crossbow ammunition.

Dragons, if immune to imprisonment, it seems logical they'd also be immune to Maze.

It is still possible to interrupt the spell like abilities of Demon's and Dragons - even with instant casting installed - if enough characters are causing constant damage. Could be fixed by reverting SpellNoDec to ForceSpell, but that means the spells are cast at normal speed.

I've coded up changes to some enemies who had weirdly bad THAC0, saves etc. for their levels, if you're interested in including this (I noticed improved random encounters already did this for the ambushing groups, but there are many more).

Guest Guest_Loz_*

I've found a few bugs in my current playthrough:

- Shadow thief mage in the starting dungeon doesn't help allies against the vampire.

- Haer'Dalis attacks you when the portal to the planar prison is being summoned.

- In the fallen paladins quest after they kill all the smugglers, one of them turns on his allies.

- In the mage stronghold apprentice quest Nara moves back to the entrance.

Guest geg_Ma3gau

Another bug: blackrazor haste seems to override improved haste spell. My char sheet shows 8 attacks with improved haste and only 5 attacks once blackrazor effect kicks in. Thats pretty embarassing because it pretty much bans blckrazor for my dual classed fighter mage.

Is this bug the same in vanilla? Is there any way to fix it? (ofc there always could be an option to modify blackrazor giving it imp haste effect but that would be overpowered).

Guest geg_Ma3gau

And another thing i forgot: my kensai 9 mage 34 has only 5 mirror images when the spell is cast. im pretty sure that 34 lvl mage should grant full power of the spell (8 images).

Another bug: blackrazor haste seems to override improved haste spell. My char sheet shows 8 attacks with improved haste and only 5 attacks once blackrazor effect kicks in. Thats pretty embarassing because it pretty much bans blckrazor for my dual classed fighter mage.

Is this bug the same in vanilla? Is there any way to fix it? (ofc there always could be an option to modify blackrazor giving it imp haste effect but that would be overpowered).

APR stacks horribly. engine feature.

Haste overrides improved haste (and vice versa), fixpack fixes IH and whirlwind to give immunity to the "haste" spell though. Blackrazor could also be fixed to cast its haste as an actual spell, but this sounds like a suggestion for Item Revisions.

And another thing i forgot: my kensai 9 mage 34 has only 5 mirror images when the spell is cast. im pretty sure that 34 lvl mage should grant full power of the spell (8 images).

I believe average level for dual and multi-classed mages is used in the calculation of mirror images (not scaling above lvl 20), so average lvl 14 for your character. This is also somewhat outside SCS scope.

Suggestions for DavidW

The Huntress seal guardian needs her general changed from "Monster" to "Humanoid" (doesn't use potions with the new AI), the bug with seal guardians not using HLAs is apparently due to WTASIGHT being copied for their script; a potential fix is to use CFIGH20B and CARCH20B instead, which account for TOB levels.

Creatures lacking proficiency in their weapons (don't know if it's worthwhile changing for most of them, they're weak anyway); Minotaurs (ICMIN01, axe), some Yuan-Ti (ICYUAN01, longsword), some Kuos (KUOWAR01, KUOTOA01, KUOWHI01, crossbow and spear), some Rakshasas (RAKRUH01, RAKSHA01, RAKRAJ01, longsword).

Also, Maharajah Rakhshasa have worse THAC0 than Rajahs or even Rukhs, even though they're higher level.

Haste overrides improved haste (and vice versa), fixpack fixes IH and whirlwind to give immunity to the "haste" spell though. Blackrazor could also be fixed to cast its haste as an actual spell, but this sounds like a suggestion for Item Revisions.

Well, i have G3 fixpack installed. I ve been configuring him waaay back i dont even remember what i chose in options.

Install order: Bg 2 ToB -> official ToB patch -> g3 fixpack -> scs II.

For me, its 8 apr with imp haste and 5 apr after blackrazor hits. Maybe its only char sheet error? or i need to reinstall g3? Think its possible to reinstall g3 at the moment for me to fix it?

Olaf in the guarded compound has SPIN117 memorized - this is Minsc's unique berserk (character loses control and may attack allies) - he probably should have SPCL321 (standard berserker enrage).

Well, i have G3 fixpack installed. I ve been configuring him waaay back i dont even remember what i chose in options.

For me, its 8 apr with imp haste and 5 apr after blackrazor hits. Maybe its only char sheet error? or i need to reinstall g3? Think its possible to reinstall g3 at the moment for me to fix it?

Oh, I meant to say this bug is not fixed by the fixpack because blackrazor doesn't actually cast the haste spell... I don't know if any mod changes this.

I'm quite convinced a lot of these reports have gone beyond "stray" and entered "not SCS-relevant" territory..

Only answer I can give is that old Blackrazor was both overpowered AND bugged. Item Revisions do the following:

Blackrazor +3

Equipped Ability :

Regeneration: 1 hp/round

Immunity to charm and fear effects

Combat Abilities:

Souldrinking: 15% chance to drain one level from the target, raising wielder's maximum hit points by 5, increasing his strength by 1, and hasting him for 1 turn

THAC0: +3 bonus

Damage: 1D8 + 3

(IR v2 stats, might be revised further in the impending v3)

I'm quite convinced a lot of these reports have gone beyond "stray" and entered "not SCS-relevant" territory...

Only answer I can give is that old Blackrazor was both overpowered AND bugged. Item Revisions do the following:... (IR v2 stats, might be revised further in the impending v3)

This is clearly not SCS related, but I might be able to handle it. I haven't changed Blackrazor in V3 except making its Souldrinking effect work via spl file to make it not work on undead and constructs. Making Souldrinking's spell prevent Improved Haste and vice versa isn't a great solution imo, thus the only alternative would be replacing 'haste' with '+1 apr' and '+9 to movement rate'. That being said, ones could argue that even now it's simply a matter of not using Improved Haste and Blackrazor together, much like you don't cast Haste on a character under Improved Haste. I've kinda closed V3, but this is uber easy to do if we think it's a necessay "fix".

Archived