Holy. Crap.

Nightwoe

Someone mentioned DLTCEP ? :)

Be careful with it, it is a mean tool. But once it was tamed, it can be very helpful.

Before you give up on it (most casual modders do), please tell us about the problem, it should be answered as soon as possible.

Guest Guest
Someone mentioned DLTCEP ? :)

Be careful with it, it is a mean tool. But once it was tamed, it can be very helpful.

Before you give up on it (most casual modders do), please tell us about the problem, it should be answered as soon as possible.

Since you put it out there, I was going to attempt to convert the .TIS, or similar, files to .BMP using DLTCEP. Have any tips on how to go about doing it?

Guest Guest
One more question, since everyone has been so awesome, can anyone tell me how to convert the Full Screen Area image files to a format that can be edited in Photoshop (or any picture editor, I'll use MS Paint if I have to), and then back to the current format. If the Full Screen versions (ie. the version you see the avatar walking on) can't be extracted, can someone let me know, so I don't waste my time.
I'm guessing you're talking about the tilesets (.tis files). DLTCEP can convert them to .bmp and back to .tis again.

Are the .TIS files the actual area backgrounds that the character avatars walk and interact on, or are they the navigational map pictures that show a little green blip moving? I've found a few different copies of the nav maps, but i was looking for something on a larger scale. The bigger the better to Photoshop. Any additional help would be great, and you've been really helpful so far.

The tis files make up the large map the door animations and overlays (like water and lava). Other area animations are in .bam files.

The minimap is in a .mos file, and dltcep can generate it from the tis automatically. (I'm not sure if it can convert it from a .bmp too, but i guess, yes).

If your tileset (.tis) doesn't contain any doors, then you can convert it to BMP and back easily.

Doors make things extremely complicated, i wouldn't go about them before mastering the normal tis->bmp->tis routine.

Area editing tutorial: http://www.simpilot.net/~sc/dltcep/index.htm (there is a section dealing with modifying a .tis in the "area basics" chapter).

congrats to myself, my NPC Gwen works in game. However...her name doesn't show up on her character sheet, her sound set keeps going to a game chosen default, her banter file doesn't work...

the only thing that works is her pre and post party dialogue.

in her CRE file, her "Name" value states "No such index".

What I don't understand is that I have been following more than one tutorial on creating NPCs and have followed them exactly, yet my basic NPC is failing to have her name display in game.

Is it possible that my OS, Vista, could be causing issues?

congrats to myself, my NPC Gwen works in game. However...her name doesn't show up on her character sheet, her sound set keeps going to a game chosen default, her banter file doesn't work...

the only thing that works is her pre and post party dialogue.

in her CRE file, her "Name" value states "No such index".

What I don't understand is that I have been following more than one tutorial on creating NPCs and have followed them exactly, yet my basic NPC is failing to have her name display in game.

Is it possible that my OS, Vista, could be causing issues?

Possible cause: do you have the game or some sort of game editor (e.g., Infinity Explorer) open while installing? If so, it won't be able to write the new dialogue strings into the game.

Possible cause: do you have the game or some sort of game editor (e.g., Infinity Explorer) open while installing? If so, it won't be able to write the new dialogue strings into the game.

good to know, just ran her setup solo, but no change.

For her dialogue file, here's the piece causing me problems (just a parse error)

CHAIN

IF ~InParty("w@Gwen")

InParty("Anomen")

!ActuallyInCombat

Global("w@GwenAnomen","GLOBAL",0)

THEN w@GwenB GwenAnomen1

DO ~SetGlobal("w@GwenAnomen","GLOBAL",1)

== BANOMEN ~(Takes Gwen's elbow in the ribs) Hey!~

== w@GwenB ~/Gloomy/ Do you even *realize* how much space you take up waving that shield around? You're always in the way!~

I'm not too worried about this, I'm sure it's a minor technicality, I'm more worried about her CRE and her name not displaying. Is there some information I can give you that would help?

For her dialogue file, here's the piece causing me problems (just a parse error)

CHAIN

IF ~InParty("w@Gwen")

InParty("Anomen")

!ActuallyInCombat

Global("w@GwenAnomen","GLOBAL",0) ~

THEN w@GwenB GwenAnomen1

DO ~SetGlobal("w@GwenAnomen","GLOBAL",1)~

== BANOMEN ~(Takes Gwen's elbow in the ribs) Hey!~

== w@GwenB ~/Gloomy/ Do you even *realize* how much space you take up waving that shield around? You're always in the way!~

I'm not too worried about this, I'm sure it's a minor technicality, I'm more worried about her CRE and her name not displaying. Is there some information I can give you that would help?

Two tildas missing.

BTW does Weidu accept the @ sign in your label?

Two tildas missing.

BTW does Weidu accept the @ sign in your label?

I just found this afternoon that Weidu has decided it doesn't like @...which is frustrating enough that I have to change my prefix and then replace every prefix in Gwen's code, but it accepted it until I tried installing with the new banter file (after fixing it). Does anyone have a list of already taken prefixes? I know I saw one somewhere :)

ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'

Resource [NWGWEN.DLG] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [Gwen/NWGwenB.d]: Failure("resource [NWGWEN.DL

G] not found for 'CHAIN3'")

Stopping installation because of error.

Was there someplace I needed to identify the chain in the banter file or something similar?

[./chitin.key]

ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [Gwen/NWGwenB.d]: Failure("resource [NWGWEN.DL

Was there someplace I needed to identify the chain in the banter file or something similar?

This means that the block where you're CHAINing into the NWGWEN is happening before it's compiled any line which says BEGIN NWGWEN i.e., you're trying to add to a file before it's been created.

[./chitin.key]

This means that the block where you're CHAINing into the NWGWEN is happening before it's compiled any line which says BEGIN NWGWEN i.e., you're trying to add to a file before it's been created.

Okay, wait, now I'm really confused. I have the banter file (NWGwenB.d) starting like this...

BEGIN ~NWGwenB~

CHAIN

IF ~InParty("Anomen")

InParty("NWGwen")

!StateCheck("Anomen",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

!StateCheck("NWGwen",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

Global("NWAnomenTalksToGwen1","GLOBAL",0)

See("NWGwen")~ THEN BANOMEN NWANOMENTALKSTOGWEN1

~(Takes Gwen's elbow in the ribs) Hey!~

DO ~SetGlobal("NWAnomenTalksToGwen1","GLOBAL",1)~

In the TP2...

COMPILE ~Gwen/BNWGwen.d~

COMPILE ~Gwen/NWGwenB.d~

How is it not...Am I missing a line between BEGIN ~NWGwenB~ and CHAIN? another IF statement?

Archived