Ajantis LT17 & Douglas Spawn

Ana Christina

Hello.

I've come back to the game after a long break and am playing through it with BG1NPC installed. Was going to play the Ajantis romance, but it won't progress beyond LT16. If I recall correctly, after he talks with the PC about her possible love interests and finds out there aren't any, the next time the party is in town, a messenger named Douglas is supposed to spawn in order to hand over to Ajantis the letter from his family; afterwards, as soon as the party rests, Ajantis will confess his love. However, that hasn't happened in my game yet, even though it's been ages since his last LT, have visited Nashkel and Beregost, and the romance is definitely still active. I've looked through the variables and 'X#AjantisHasRing' is set to 1, so if memory serves, things should happen... any minute now. :cool: I'm probably doing something wrong, but I just don't know what. Could someone please help me?

Thank you very much in advance.

Yes, you are stuck - Douglas was created in some outdoor area, but for some reason didn't or doesn't manage to reach Ajantis to start conversation. I am afraid you'll have to cheat (because even if you go searching for him, it might as well be that he is stuck behind a wall or something).

EDIT: You have two options (one or the other) [/EDIT]

1. Skip the messenger alltogether by setting SetGlobal("X#AjantisHasRing","GLOBAL",2). This will make Ajantis confess at the next rest (if rep is above 15 and he doesn't wear the girdle of gender bender etcpp.).

2. CLUA-in a second Douglas, hopefully more efficient in his job: CreateCreature("X#AJDOUG")

(Just a reminder: The console commands are CLUAConsole: and then the one you want.)

Hope that helps poor Ajantis to proceed, the poor man must be all edgy nerves waiting for his parents' reply by now. :cool:

Hiya, Jastey!

It's probably my fault for what had happened. Maybe I left the area just as the timer expired and Douglas spawned.

Thank you for your help. Doing what you said spawned a Douglas who 'had nothing to say', but then I thought to reset the AjantisHasRing variable to 1, which made him approach Ajantis & give the speech.

Gods, I had forgotten how wonderful this romance was. Thank you again for writing such a splendid Mod and for being so nice and prompt with your help!

You're welcome; you more than deserve all the praise in the world for Ajantis. :) And to think that the SoA portion is out already makes me even happier. Now all I can hope for is time to play through it all. Thank you again for putting so much effort and talent into this mod.

The way you edited the post makes it perfectly clear now. I'm sorry that I had misunderstood. :cool: Blame it on my ESL issues, please.

Archived