New Playthrough (SR, IR, SCS)

Incantatar

Wow, I just "accused" aTweaks twice in a row when it was SCS and SR respectively causing the issues. Sorry aVENGER, and thanks for helping us out!

Don't sweat it Demi, with so many mods around, it's often hard to keep track which one is responsible for a particular change. :p I'm happy to have helped clear the matter up.

P.S How many 'within' have I put in that quote?!? ;)

Heh, it seems the board's been playing some tricks on me today, first a double post and now a double quote. :laugh:

Some of the new powers of mephits (SCS2) are not stopped by MGoI. For example Water Jet with spell lvl 2. Is this a bug?

Perhaps it's because of the projectile, CONECOLD.PRO (250), which is from a lvl 5 spell?

A question about Remove Magic:

Just as a note, it was uber effective against my solo Conjurer in BG1. It worked everytime, so either everyone is several levels above him or there is something wrong. Perhaps with my understanding of the spell.

The chance of the dispel succeeding is determined by the level of the caster and the level of the magic being dispelled. The base chance of successfully dispelling is 50%. For every level that the caster of Remove Magic is above the level of the magic he is trying to dispel, his chance of success increases by 5%. For every level that the caster of Remove Magic is below the level of the magic he attempts to dispel, his chance of success decreases by 10%. However, despite the difference in levels, there is always at least a 1% chance of success or failure. Thus, if a caster is 10 levels higher than the magic he is trying to dispel, there is only a 1% chance of failure. Similarly if the caster is 4 levels lower than the magic he is trying to dispel, there is only a 10% chance of success. Intuitively, this spell is almost useless if the level of the magic attempted to dispel is 5 or more levels higher than the caster.

"The level of the magic being dispelled" Does this mean the CL or the spell level? Because the latter would be hugely overpowered for a lvl 3 spell.

Also does this check against every spell or all spells at once?

I have just the feeling it works everytime anyone casts it (also by my mages) against all dispellable buffs. I could be wrong here though.

BG1 Stoneskin

Is there a quick fix for the stoneskin dimension door issue?
Eh, it seems we have to wait for David to return. If you don't mind losing DD scroll you could overwrite scrl1V with a renamed copy of scrl2b. This way both scrolls will be Stoneskin scrolls again.

SCS new abilities vs GoI

Some of the new powers of mephits (SCS2) are not stopped by MGoI. For example Water Jet with spell lvl 2. Is this a bug?

Perhaps it's because of the projectile, CONECOLD.PRO (250), which is from a lvl 5 spell?

The pro file takes no part in determing if GoI works or not, and not even the spell lvl, it all comes down to the power value of each effect within the spell itself. In this case it may be possible that David designed them as innates giving it power lvl 0, which would bypass (M)GoI.

Dispel/Remove Magic

Just as a note, it was uber effective against my solo Conjurer in BG1. It worked everytime, so either everyone is several levels above him or there is something wrong.
Before Taimon's hack (and now ToBEx too) it was exactly as you say, being just one lvl higher was enough to guarantee 100% chance to dispel. Right now it should work as per description, but I haven't extensively tested the hack myself, reports seemed to indicate it was working fine.

That being said, SCS mages tend to be of very high lvl compared to vanilla game and player characters in general, I read many players complain about it.

"The level of the magic being dispelled" Does this mean the CL or the spell level?
Caster lvl.

Also does this check against every spell or all spells at once?
All at once. I think making Dispel perform a check for each effect was a secret wish of Ardanis, but I doubt we'll ever change it.

Spell's Power Lvl

Thanks for the clarification.The power level is the one in the brackets i take it.
Innate (4)
Ehm, no. The power lvl is the offset 0x0003 within the "feature block"(see here). Each and every effect within the spell has its own power value (e.g. For Blindness spell you have 'blindness' opcode, then 'display portrait icon: blind', etc.) , thus you could have a lvl 2 spell which partially or completely bypass GoI depending on the values of that parameter for each effect.

Ok thanks again.

But yet another question: Is there a new reference for the PfFire, etc spells? WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_FIRE does not work anymore in scripts. I searched Spell.ids but could not find anything similar.

Nevermind, a scripting guide helped me find other options.

I'll also post some SCS2 issues.

-Captain Haegan does not have a help script.

-No cap on summons for enemies

Remove Magic

So i tested it with my buffed level 12 Conjurer against Prebek a lvl 8 Conjurer (checked in Near Infinity). He casts Remove Magic everytime i come prebuffed in his house. He got to have a 10% chance to dispell all my buffs since it's exactly like the example in the spell description. I stopped after the seventh try. Everytime all my buffs get dispelled!

I checked the script and the spell he uses is DW#0W302.SPL and not SPWI302.SPL. Is DavidW's version not working correctly? I have only installed SR's version of the Dispel Magic fix.

Remove Magic

So i tested it with my buffed level 12 Conjurer against Prebek a lvl 8 Conjurer (checked in Near Infinity). He casts Remove Magic everytime i come prebuffed in his house. He got to have a 10% chance to dispell all my buffs since it's exactly like the example in the spell description. I stopped after the seventh try. Everytime all my buffs get dispelled!

I checked the script and the spell he uses is DW#0W302.SPL and not SPWI302.SPL. Is DavidW's version not working correctly? I have only installed SR's version of the Dispel Magic fix.

David's spell should be a copy of SR's one, you can easily check it. If Taimon's hack is in place you can look at the dispel opcode and notice that the "type" parameter (where you can see choices such as 'caster lvl' or 'always dispel') has an 'unknow value'. In my install DW#0W302.SPL is correctly affected by Taimon's hack. It seemed to work back then, please don't tell me the hack is not working. :p

@Ardanis, can you please take a look at it to make sure I didn't messed up something with Taimon's code? I shouldn't, but better checking than not. ;)

It seems to be a copy right. And i can see the unknown value. 11797653.png

Still it's not working as it should in my install. ;)

I tested again with a high level enemy mage (ar18mage.cre = lvl 17) and could dispel him in any instance i cast Remove Magic. It definately works in both ways.

[i can also dispel a lvl 28 hostile mage, this should be a 1 in 100]

Dispel Magic Fix

It seems to be a copy right. And i can see the unknown value. ...

Still it's not working as it should in my install. ;)

I don't know what to say, the coding/hacking skills behind Taimon's fix or A64 work are far above mine and thus I'm unable to do more than offering them. That being said, I'm almost sure it worked back then when it was implemented the first time. I'll try to test it a little more myself.

It is ToBEx!

I read this in the ToBEx forum:

•Is ToBEx "Dispel Formula Fix=1" the same as Spell_Rev (component 30) - "Dispel Magic Fix: v3" ("This .exe patch fixes the chance to dispel magic to match the spell's description (so there is at least a marginal chance of dispelling effects of a higher-level mage) and corrects conceptual problems caused by the automatic dispelling of all magically created items.")?

No. Don't use together.

-----290 Dispel Formula Fix [C, F]

(Different implementation to, and clashes with tob_hacks, SCS, SCSII, Spell Revisions)

And found out it's enabled on default. I set it to 0 and the issue seems to be solved! No longer dispelling liches yay! ;)

Ok back to comments/observations:

-When the duration of Polymorph Self ends Melfs Minute Meteors disappear if cast beforehand (being in natural form). This could probably happen to Shapeshift and other magically created weapons too.

Dispel/Remove Magic

It is ToBEx! ... And found out it's enabled on default. I set it to 0 and the issue seems to be solved! No longer dispelling liches yay! :p
Good to know! I knew SR/Taimon's was working back then! Seems like integrating ToBEx will play an very important part of SR V4 to avoid all these compatibility issues.

Polymorph Self & Melfs Minute Meteors

-When the duration of Polymorph Self ends Melfs Minute Meteors disappear if cast beforehand (being in natural form). This could probably happen to Shapeshift and other magically created weapons too.
Mmm...I could probably fix this particular issue using a custom Shapeshift to Natural form spl instead of vanilla's one.

Now that you mentioned this issue another one is raising in my mind: if you cast MMM (or any weapon like spell such as BBoD) when in Mind Flayer form you actually loose the form, and there's nothing I can do to avoid it. ;)

Guest Guest
BG1 Stoneskin

QUOTE (Guest @ May 23 2011, 11:02 PM) *

Is there a quick fix for the stoneskin dimension door issue?

Eh, it seems we have to wait for David to return. If you don't mind losing DD scroll you could overwrite scrl1V with a renamed copy of scrl2b. This way both scrolls will be Stoneskin scrolls again.

It worked. Thanks!

Archived