New Playthrough (SR, IR, SCS)

Incantatar

Now that you mentioned this issue another one is raising in my mind: if you cast MMM (or any weapon like spell such as BBoD) when in Mind Flayer form you actually loose the form, and there's nothing I can do to avoid it. ;)

Perhaps making it impossible to cast these spells? The Mind Flayer attack is pretty good itself.

SCS2 & PotRev beta (SCS2 is adressed here)

A thing in my playthrough coming to mind since potions with PotRev are now undispellable. I think the use of the Magic Shielding potion is a bit too exaggerated. It costs a lot and you can't buy many so it's a bit immersion breaking that every third thief drinks one. I don't mind the difficulty much but it's not very believable. I would make the lvl requirement for that potion higher and the percentage a bit lower. A potion of e.g. magic resistance would be more appropriate in many circumstances.

IR's item reallocation

The list here http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=16115 is not really accurate i fear. I see several deviations. :p

SCS2 & PotRev beta (SCS2 is adressed here)

A thing in my playthrough coming to mind since potions with PotRev are now undispellable. I think the use of the Magic Shielding potion is a bit too exaggerated. It costs a lot and you can't buy many so it's a bit immersion breaking that every third thief drinks one. I don't mind the difficulty much but it's not very believable. I would make the lvl requirement for that potion higher and the percentage a bit lower. A potion of e.g. magic resistance would be more appropriate in many circumstances.
Well, considering PoMS is the most powerful potion in the game (even in vanilla only Potion of Magic Blocking rivaled it) I do agree SCS shouldn't use it too often.

IR's item reallocation

The list here http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=16115 is not really accurate i fear. I see several deviations. ;)
Sorry, the topic's titel probably is misleading, within IR V2 there's a very minor part of that work. The huge list in that topic was an ongoing discussion for Ardanis component which will be part of V3.
Good to know! I knew SR/Taimon's was working back then! Seems like integrating ToBEx will play an very important part of SR V4 to avoid all these compatibility issues.

Does this mean v3 will still have Taimon's individual hacks? If so, wouldn't using ToBEx instead improve compatibility? What are the objections to doing so?

SR & ToBEx

Good to know! I knew SR/Taimon's was working back then! Seems like integrating ToBEx will play an very important part of SR V4 to avoid all these compatibility issues.
Does this mean v3 will still have Taimon's individual hacks? If so, wouldn't using ToBEx instead improve compatibility? What are the objections to doing so?
Well, V3 was released well before ToBEx and it was very stable before SCS started to force ToBEx (which is still a beta) upon us , I don't plan to implement drastical changes to it and risk to cause havoc on a fine version. Taimon's hacks work very fine, whereas I'm not 100% sure of ToBEx and some of its tweaks (it is indeed causing many issues judging by reports I see here and there). As soon as IR V3 is out I wanted to release bits of Kit Revisions, but considering all the troubles SR+SCS installs are having now I may give priority to SR V4. We'll see soon enough.

@Incantatar, have you experienced any of this? I'm almost sure it's caused by ToBEx but I don't know which part of it (e.g. did you disabled "scrollable spellbook"?).

@Incantatar, have you experienced any of this? I'm almost sure it's caused by ToBEx but I don't know which part of it (e.g. did you disabled "scrollable spellbook").

I have scrollable spellbook and yes Jaheira's spellbook is not updated in my install.

-The Efreeti from the lvl 7 spell gets hostile if casting Fireballs on him. He's immune and casts Fireballs on himself all the time.

Genies

-The Efreeti from the lvl 7 spell gets hostile if casting Fireballs on him. He's immune and casts Fireballs on himself all the time.
Mmm, I thought I made genies fully allied, but it seems they are still semi-friendly as per vanilla. If you want them to not turn hostile when attacked by party members just remove this block from their scripts:

IF
AttackedBy([PC],DEFAULT)
!Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Enemy()
END

I'll probably do it myself considering the current description doesn't mention them turning hostile if harmed (it did in V2).

-They also seem to be unaffected by Death Spell when summoned by enemies.
From the spell description: "The gated genie is immune to Death Spell". SCS made them immune to Death spell to increase their appeal, and I then did the same within SR for consistency.
Genies
Mmm, I thought I made genies fully allied, but it seems they are still semi-friendly as per vanilla. If you want them to not turn hostile when attacked by party members just remove this block from their scripts:

IF
AttackedBy([PC],DEFAULT)
!Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Enemy()
END

I'll probably do it myself considering the current description doesn't mention them turning hostile if harmed (it did in V2).

-They also seem to be unaffected by Death Spell when summoned by enemies.
From the spell description: "The gated genie is immune to Death Spell". SCS made them immune to Death spell to increase their appeal, and I then did the same within SR for consistency.

Thanks for the advice. I forgot they are gated since the spell name is a bit confusing (saying it's summoned).

There is no damage animation for immune creatures in Incendiary Cloud so they won't turn hostile i just found out. The ToBEx patch just partly removes immune damage it seems.

Guest guest
Thanks for the advice. I forgot they are gated since the spell name is a bit confusing (saying it's summoned).

I know you probably didn't mean it in the following way, but in case anyone takes it too seriously and starts to think the name ought to be changed; no, please don't. Summon is fine as a generic english word here for the actual spell name - just pre-empting anything, no offense.

I know you probably didn't mean it in the following way, but in case anyone takes it too seriously and starts to think the name ought to be changed; no, please don't. Summon is fine as a generic english word here for the actual spell name - just pre-empting anything, no offense.

I meant it in the way the terms are used in the D&D ruleset. There is a big difference between calling an extraplanar creature (gating) and summoning one. But it's fine by me, i don't mean to be nit-picky. It's all in the spell description. ;)

Summon Efreeti

There is no damage animation for immune creatures in Incendiary Cloud so they won't turn hostile i just found out. The ToBEx patch just partly removes immune damage it seems.

Actually I gave Efreet ProSpell opcodes against all fire-based spells myself, because ToBEx patch wouldn't protect them from Incendiary Cloud limited visibility and thac0 penalty. SR's Efreet were already immune to fire-based spells and their dmg animation, but ToBEx makes sure fire-dmg weapons too doesn't cause such animation! ;)

Regarding the whole "summon vs gated" thing, I tend to simply note everything in the spell descriptions (as you noticed) because letting players guess things such as "gated = immune to Death Spell" isn't a good idea imo. Not everyone is a veteran PnP player, and many in-game things can actually misleads even veteran players (e.g. elementals are gated not summoned, in fact vanilla's elementals even needed a mental duel between them and arcane casters - but they never were and still aren't immune to Death Spell).

In this case I don't see any strong reason to change the spell's name.

-aTweaks Healing Touch ability is not really flagged as healing spell: The emphatic manifestation in the Amaunator temple will not be appeased by it.

-Uninstalling the component results in CTD when loading save games.

-SCSII There should be Yuan-Tis on the way to the Amaunator temple as random spawn (Group level=18) but there are actually Gibberlings.

-SCSII(SR) The druids you meet in the grove who turn from neutral to hostile are attacked by their own summons.

-aTweaks Healing Touch ability is not really flagged as healing spell: The emphatic manifestation in the Amaunator temple will not be appeased by it.

Healing Touch doesn't work on extraplanar creatures such as demons and elementals. My guess is that the Emphatic Manifestation is treated as a demon which prevents the ability from affecting it.

Uninstalling the component results in CTD when loading save games.

No idea what's causing that. The only thing that comes to mind would be the "Regain Bhaalpwers in ToB" component as that seems to be causing some issues at the moment.

You may want to report this over at SHS so that Wisp can take a look at it. Likewise, it might be better to report any SCS related issues in its own forum where it's more likely that the mod author will see and correct them.

-Uninstalling the component results in CTD when loading save games.
Maybe that's the engine not finding the SPL resource referenced in saved character's file?

-SCSII There should be Yuan-Tis on the way to the Amaunator temple as random spawn (Group level=18) but there are actually Gibberlings.
I believe the party level doesn't affect the quality of spawns, only their quantity.

-SCSII(SR) The druids you meet in the grove who turn from neutral to hostile are attacked by their own summons.
That's SR. Known issue. IIRC that driud party is the only place where it occurs. Will be remedied in SR v4, as I think a major AI overhaul for summons was planned.

Archived